New campaign - Explore Further!

BBMacLaird

Hi oddjob16,

there's not a 'call-to-action' point if that's what you mean, and probably that's what you expect since everyone is accustomed to our sales promotions changing every few months.

I am simply sharing our new tagline "Explore Further", and pointing out that our 'look' is changing...with new imagery, new font, new messaging...aka new 'branding'. Every so often a brand needs to freshen up it's 'look' and call attention to how it differentiates itself from others. I for one like the new video, and graphics on the website. :hearteyes:

My browser won't follow the link because of all the **'s.

Hi Pam,

Here’s the full URL to our webpage. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/discover/why-azamara?icid=hp_hero_cgcl_expfr_030618

P.s. I typed the name of the short URL above in my first draft response to you, then previewed what I’d written. I see that CC replaced it with **** even in the preview. I suspect that’s why you can’t open the shortened URL. Sorry about that!

Interesting. Parts of the website have a nice new feel but there’s a bit too much pale print on white for me which isn’t great on an iPad with slight sight impairment. I had sunglasses on later (bizarre I know but I’m being bothered by snowglare) and it was ok then.

Mind I’d rather they concentrated on new functionality and accuracy than new look but that’s just me.

I’m not sure all the explore tag lines will work - I saw one on Facebook, I know it’s about culture immersion -Explore the depths- for me that’s too near the phrase plunge to the depths so often used to describe a good organisation that’s customer service has lost its way. It’s probably me but I can’t get the “plunge to the depths” out of my head.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really love the video - it’s very inviting - makes you want to travel. I also really like the fact that the bottom menu on the web page is blue on white, instead of the reverse, which I found harder to read. The photos on the web-site are good too. I’m not sure about the new font - it’s a bit ‘fantasy’ style for me. The sort of font you’d expect to see describing wizards and fairies.

Just had a quick look. Some lovely photography but the narrator on the main video sounds like a cross between Alan Bennet being facetious and David Brent (from The Office) trying to do PR speak. Have listened to it twice - hilarious !

I just can't wait to listen to "melodies unheard" and enjoy "textures untouched" and of course "discover more about yourself" whilst on our lovely B2B cruise in June.

On a more serious note - the additional videos signposted from the Marseilles Azamazing Video do not work.

Yes the website photos are lovely but some are over doctored and we are again having pictures of mid winter Northern lights being used to advertise cruises that take place in mid summer where it is constant daylight. Disappointing. Hope they can focus on genuine photos that reflect the time of year etc

Hi oddjob16,

there's not a 'call-to-action' point if that's what you mean, and probably that's what you expect since everyone is accustomed to our sales promotions changing every few months.

I am simply sharing our new tagline "Explore Further", and pointing out that our 'look' is changing...with new imagery, new font, new messaging...aka new 'branding'. Every so often a brand needs to freshen up it's 'look' and call attention to how it differentiates itself from others. I for one like the new video, and graphics on the website. :hearteyes:

The video itself is very nice. A bit too glossy for my taste and it doesn't really hit the target IMO.

In 1:10 the video shows 5 seconds of a ship and a spa suite, hence does it really make the viewer think of Azamara? It might tease your travel urges, but just in general. There have been many «Why Azamara» videos and this one is one of the weakest.

I really love the video - it’s very inviting - makes you want to travel. I also really like the fact that the bottom menu on the web page is blue on white, instead of the reverse, which I found harder to read. The photos on the web-site are good too. I’m not sure about the new font - it’s a bit ‘fantasy’ style for me. The sort of font you’d expect to see describing wizards and fairies.

Some would say Azamara in Miami are away with the fairies.

Just joking Grandma

Honest.

Edited by Bloodaxe

I think for its intended purpose it is well done. This is looking at from a marketing point of view. I think they want to use this to get new people to want to book with Azamara and I think it accomplishes its purpose. Most people are not going to pick it apart. It is a sales tool and a very nice one.

Kathy

Strange, it’s working fine for me on US & UK sites using my IPad & Safari.

I just get a nice picture of an inside cabin and an ocean view cabin and can't get passed it. Will try at home but work laptop is probably more up to date.