Taking guests into Concierge Lunch

Jon StroudUK

Has anyone taken a guest into the Concierge Lunch on boarding day?

I ask because I am sailing with 8 other members of my family. 8 of us are in Concierge but my brother in law has a single inside cabin. I will check with the Maitre d’ on the day but wondered if any one has been in a similar situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know about the CC lunch but I have seen guests admitted to Michaels Club on embarkation day when traveling with others in a high end suite. The maître d might be willing to approve it, especially since it is one person out of 9.

The maître d might be willing to approve it, especially since it is one person out of 9.

That was my thought too. Surely they would allow it! I’d be a tiny bit miffed if they wouldn’t. Hope it works in your favor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hostess checks the Seapass cards at the door and I've seen people politely turned away. Can't hurt asking. Don't get upset if the answer is "No" since that is the policy. The luncheon is elclusive for Concierge passengers, Zeniths and sometime B2B passengers.

Curious as to whether the "concierge" lunch is any more special than other MDR lunches....

We passed on the opportunity recently so as to lunch in the OV with BiL/SiL, and 2 friends, who were not in concierge. The other 6 in our "framily" group were concierge and did partake of the lunch, but somehow we never asked about their experience.

With a majority of 8 and minority of 1, I'd think that a subtle request of the MDR hostess is likely to be granted. Good Luck!

Curious as to whether the "concierge" lunch is any more special than other MDR lunches....

We passed on the opportunity recently so as to lunch in the OV with BiL/SiL, and 2 friends, who were not in concierge. The other 6 in our "framily" group were concierge and did partake of the lunch, but somehow we never asked about their experience.

With a majority of 8 and minority of 1, I'd think that a subtle request of the MDR hostess is likely to be granted. Good Luck!

The attraction of the lunch isn't the menu but the quiet location to enjoy a leisurely meal while waiting for your cabin to be ready. We used to enjoy Bistro On 5 for the same reason.

Hi, the Concierge lunch is a cut down menu with a choice of a couple of starters, 4 main courses plus a couple of desserts

It is just a more relaxing start to a cruise than the hustle of the OVC. You’ll have a much wider choice of food in the OVC but in my opinion the MDR Concierge lunch is the better option.

I wonder if it would help to have a quiet word with the Concierge upon boarding. I’ve heard they’re usually available at that time, and it doesn’t seem like an unreasonable request. Best of luck to you:).

But solidarity should be the rule.

Has anyone taken a guest into the Concierge Lunch on boarding day?

I ask because I am sailing with 8 other members of my family. 8 of us are in Concierge but my brother in law has a single inside cabin. I will check with the Maitre d’ on the day but wondered if any one has been in a similar situation.

We had a friend travelling solo in a Balcony cabin while we were in CC. We asked the Maitre d' and offered to pay. It wasn't an issue and they were more than happy for our friend to join us at no charge.

As with most things, it depends on who you ask and how you phrase it but it worked out for us.

We had a friend travelling solo in a Balcony cabin while we were in CC. We asked the Maitre d' and offered to pay. It wasn't an issue and they were more than happy for our friend to join us at no charge.

As with most things, it depends on who you ask and how you phrase it but it worked out for us.

I totally agree. Jon Stroud, I'm sure you'll be fine with this approach.

Phil

So the MDR is only open to Concierge and above on embarkation day? Are there any other choices? Sushi on 5 maybe? We loved Bistro on 5 too. But it sure looked empty much of the time.

No. The MDR is only open to Concierge Class passengers on embarkation day. Not Aqua. Not Suites.

No. The MDR is only open to Concierge Class passengers on embarkation day. Not Aqua. Not Suites.

Were you turned away from the MDR on embarkation when stayin in a suite? Surprising, but you do have the Luminae to use.

That was my thought too. Surely they would allow it! I’d be a tiny bit miffed if they wouldn’t. Hope it works in your favor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A tiny bit miffed? Maybe others would be a tiny bit miffed if they kept letting in people who did not qualify. I agree it doesn't hurt to ask, and this is a one time not all that special thing, but honestly there is no reason to be miffed if Celebrity follows the rules.

A tiny bit miffed? Maybe others would be a tiny bit miffed if they kept letting in people who did not qualify. I agree it doesn't hurt to ask, and this is a one time not all that special thing, but honestly there is no reason to be miffed if Celebrity follows the rules.

Exceptions lead to inconsistency which many have complained about in the past.

Were you turned away from the MDR on embarkation when stayin in a suite? Surprising, but you do have the Luminae to use.

What is your problem? I was merely trying to answer a question with an accurate answer! I have not attempted to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day because I have never sailed in Concierge class cabins. On my next cruise, I will have lunch in the MDR because I will be in a Concierge cabin. Further, I have not been in a suite since the advent of Luminae, so I certainly wouldn’t know a thing about dining there! Your sarcasm is unwarranted and unappreciated.

What is your problem? I was merely trying to answer a question with an accurate answer! I have not attempted to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day because I have never sailed in Concierge class cabins. On my next cruise, I will have lunch in the MDR because I will be in a Concierge cabin. Further, I have not been in a suite since the advent of Luminae, so I certainly wouldn’t know a thing about dining there! Your sarcasm is unwarranted and unappreciated.

I did not to mean to be sarcastic. I was just responding to your comment about how suites guests could not dine in MDR on embarkation day and I was wondering if you were turned away when you were staying in a suite.