drinks upgrade price please?

39august

Just off the Eclipse this morning. The first day they do get good commissions for upgrading your drink package and sell hard. We did not upgrade and spent less than $20 on drink overages so glad we did not upgrade. It completely depends on how/what you drink. If you are just ordering cocktails at shows, pool, dinner, etc., I would not upgrade. If you want to sit in the martini bar, world class bar, etc. and sip single malt scotch, then an upgrade would be beneficial.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Just off the phone to Celebrity and they quoted me AU$20 per person per day to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package. (for a cruise in 2020).

There have been threads on here in the past few days including a Beverage Package flyer that had a price increase on the Premium Beverage package from $65 per day to $69 per day +18%. According to the document the Classic package price was not increased. So using the new $69 rate the difference to upgrade would be $14 per day - pretty close to the AU$20 you were quoted plus of course the 18% gratutity

There have been threads on here in the past few days including a Beverage Package flyer that had a price increase on the Premium Beverage package from $65 per day to $69 per day +18%. According to the document the Classic package price was not increased. So using the new $69 rate the difference to upgrade would be $14 per day - pretty close to the AU$20 you were quoted plus of course the 18% gratutity

Yesterday I noted that my cruise planner now contained upgrade option of $16.52 per day, so it seems the premium only has gone up from $10 to $14 plus 18% grats

I am not sure where you are finding the inconsistency. jimzgoldfinch is correct. $10 a day base price plus 18% ($11.18). The Delta of $10 a day has been around for a long time. The gratuity was increased from 15% to 18% some years ago.

Enjoy the package. We always upgrade.

Price of Premium Package is due to increase in price from the 15th May 2018 by USD4 pppd. This would put the current uplift of USD14 + 18% USD2.52 Total USD16.52 pppd

I have read several different posts about paying to upgrade from the classic package to the premium package. The quoted price per day has not been consistent in those posts. Would someone please tell me the actual price per day, including the 18% gratuity?

I actually have a cruise on the Equinox in 3 weeks and to upgrade from classic to premium now is showing $16.50 per day. Looks like celebrity increased their beverage packages classic $55 and premium 69...

I actually have a cruise on the Equinox in 3 weeks and to upgrade from classic to premium now is showing $16.50 per day. Looks like celebrity increased their beverage packages classic $55 and premium 69...

The Classic package has been $55 for quiet awhile, it is the Orwmium package price that increased.

The Classic package has been $55 for quiet awhile, it is the Orwmium package price that increased.

I wonder if X will also increase the price of the Classic, narrowing the spread to upgrade. Or maybe this is a way to slow down on the upgrades to Premium? Too many people upgrading?

I wonder if X will also increase the price of the Classic, narrowing the spread to upgrade. Or maybe this is a way to slow down on the upgrades to Premium? Too many people upgrading?

I think its more a case of increasing the profits. So many people get the Classic as a perk and would perhaps think nothing of paying USD16+ pppd to upgrade onboard. USD69 pppd outright is a shocking amount if money. It becomes a point as to whether I could or indeed should be drinking that much to break even.....even considering, alcoholic and nonalcoholic consumption.

We have always upgraded and managed to do our next cruise at the pre increase price. I’m not sure if we will upgrade at the new price or just pay the difference per drink and not spend so much time in the Martini Bar!

We don’t seem to get much OBC booking in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was told by the rep that they increased the price of the premium becasue they included some higher priced premium wines in the package. Based on X’s logic on what they consider premium and classic if could be 2 Buck Chuck. A few years back they wanted to charge $2 over my premium pack to make a drink with Russian Standard Vodka.

drink up 🍹🥂🍺🍸🍷🍻🍾

Here is my guess on reasoning for the increase in the Premium Package.

Many cruisers get the Classic as a perk. They upgrade to Premium since it’s only $10 and get a lot of extras vs. the Classic. I would assume X has the analytics to know what % of cruisers this is and figure most will still upgrade for the $4.00 increase.

X will track any changes in the % of cruisers that upgrade with the higher price.

If fewer people upgrade and stay with the Classic they will need to track how that is impacting their beverage revenue per passenger since those that chose not to upgrade will likely still purchase some drinks above the $9.00 price point.

It all comes down to the per capita spending on beverages. If it goes down due to this change we will likely see an increase in the Classic Package which will increase beverage revenue from those the buy the package and hopefully (from the X perspective) bring back the guests that decided to not shell out the extra $4.00.

The only chance they are taking is if the guest doesn’t upgrade and determines they are OK with the Classic and don’t go back to the upgrade on their next cruise.

Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was told by the rep that they increased the price of the premium becasue they included some higher priced premium wines in the package. Based on X’s logic on what they consider premium and classic if could be 2 Buck Chuck. A few years back they wanted to charge $2 over my premium pack to make a drink with Russian Standard Vodka.

drink up 🍹🥂🍺🍸🍷🍻🍾

Rep's statement makes no sense since they did not increase the $13 price ceiling. Unless they are somehow including a $14 glass of wine in the premium wine list :confused:

Rep's statement makes no sense since they did not increase the $13 price ceiling. Unless they are somehow including a $14 glass of wine in the premium wine list :confused:

They have raised the $13 premium ceiling. It’s now $15

They have raised the $13 premium ceiling. It’s now $15

Based on that change (assuming it is true) it is very logical that Celebrity would increase the price of the Premium package. The upgrade cost is just a result of that change and it is not a big deal IMO.

I hope they are now including more drinks and not just increasing general drinks price. Would be cool if all cocktails of world class bar would be included. Call me cheap but I prefer everything to be included and will not purchase drinks not included in package.

Based on that change (assuming it is true) it is very logical that Celebrity would increase the price of the Premium package. The upgrade cost is just a result of that change and it is not a big deal IMO.

Yes, it was the original announcement that had the increased price without the change in ceiling that made no sense.