Priority check-in for Concierge class

chloe45

I usually sail Princess and I'm not familiar with Concierge priority boarding with Celebrity. How does that work? Is there a separate line like Princess has? Does Concierge class board after suites and those with loyalty levels?

What else does Concierge class get you?

Not many offerings in a Concierge stateroom. The best is probably lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day. You will get a bottle of sparkling wine that can be exchanged for a bottle of red or white wine. (If it is not in the cabin just ask your cabin attendant for it.) Also afternoon delivery of a few canapés and an expanded breakfast menu. Extra points towards the Captains Club level.

And footstools on the balcony on the S class ships. There are also bathrobes in the wardrobe, not sure if that's the case in a ordinary stateroom.

We have just returned from a great cruise in the Concierge Class on the Celebrity Equinox.

We embarked in Miami and there was no line for check in Concierge Class at all. The whole process took 15 minutes maximum from we stepped out of the cab until we were onboard.

The Concierge amenities and perks are on the website. We never get to the terminal that early (to avoid the worst of he crowds), so can't comment on the sequence for boarding, but they do have a dedicated counter for Concierge guests. For us the best perks are the extra Captain's Club points, plus the cabin location,. We also really enjoy the embarkation day lunch in the MDR. The Concierge was quite helpful on the few times we needed her services. She even helped with our airline check in and printing boarding passes for the flight home.

I usually sail Princess and I'm not familiar with Concierge priority boarding with Celebrity. How does that work? Is there a separate line like Princess has? Does Concierge class board after suites and those with loyalty levels?

chloe45 - other posters have summed up the benefits. I am in Concierge for an October itinerary and looking forward to checking out the embarkation day lunch in the MDR. While Concierge has their own check-in queue, I have found that most queues move very quickly for Celebrity. I was in the Elite line for check-in to a Sunset Verandah room on Silhouette back in Dec 2017 and while the line had about 15-20 people ahead of me, the wait was maybe 15 minutes to get to an agent for check-in.

Hope you enjoy your first cruise with Celebrity!

The biggest perk is the foot stool on the balcony, and the embarkation day lunch.

If you are on a M class ship, the CC rooms are slightly larger than the regular veranda rooms. On an S-Class ship, the rooms are the same size.

For us, we like the extra points, since we are closing in on Elite Plus in the loyalty club and the CC room gets 5 points per night rather than the 3 on a regular balcony. Shoe shine is a small perk for CC and above as well. Regular balcony doesn't have access to shoe polish.

All cabins get robes, however, CC and above get a thicker, more plush robe. You also get shower gel and a pillow menu (you'll have to ask for this as I've never seen a printed one.) We like the molded memory foam pillows and use something similar at home.

The embarkation luncheon is from 11:30 - 1:00 in the MDR and your carry on luggage is stowed in a separate section of the MDR while you dine.

There is usually a separate line for Concierge Class for embarkation. If you don't see it ask. Often, as previously stated, depending on arrival time the regular lines may be shorter. Suites, and Zenith will be boarded first, then Aqua, Concierge, Elite and Elite+ next. Regardless, it rarely takes more than 15-30 minutes to navigate depending on your arrival time. The only times I've experienced it taking longer were due to extraordinary circumstances due to weather or deep cleaning after the previous cruise.

You can ask to have something else delivered in place of the afternoon savories if you don't care for them, we do that. We also trade our wine for a bottle of Prosecco. There is an expanded room service menu for CC and up as well. In addition there's an umbrella and binoculars in the room for your use while on the cruise.

• 5 months later...

How do we find out how early we can board? I have shown up as early as 10 am and not had an issue. We usually stay in a veranda this is our first time in Concierge class. As above we chose it for location, extra points and embarkation luncheon. We got the rooms on the slant that are suppose to have larger balconies and are very excited.

• Like 1

You can generally board around 11ish depending on the port. If the previous cruise was a repo or had Coast Guard inspections or a rash of noro you might have a longer wait. If for any reason embarkation is severly delayed Celebrity will notify you via e mail.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are also in concierge cabin, but traveling with my parents who are in a balcony cabin. Can we take them with us at the check in and to the embarkation lunch?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Probably not a problem to check in together (note that the regular lines can even be shorter than concierge) but probably not for the lunch. There have been reports of non -concierge guests being allowed (ie under age children accompanying (grand)parents) but be prepared to be declined.

Princess has a separate line outside for Platinum and Elite to enter the building.

Does Celebrity have a separate line outside for Concierge in Miami?

Or, is there only one line and once inside the building there are separate lines?

It's been a while since we sailed from Miami but I remember only one line to enter the building unless you are in a suite. There is a separate entrance for suite guests but it was not very visible from the main entrance. My DH stood in line and I wandered around and found it.

It's been a while since we sailed from Miami but I remember only one line to enter the building unless you are in a suite. There is a separate entrance for suite guests but it was not very visible from the main entrance. My DH stood in line and I wandered around and found it.

That's how it was a couple of weeks ago. Once inside, there were different check in lines.

Not many offerings in a Concierge stateroom. The best is probably lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day. You will get a bottle of sparkling wine that can be exchanged for a bottle of red or white wine. (If it is not in the cabin just ask your cabin attendant for it.) Also afternoon delivery of a few canapés and an expanded breakfast menu. Extra points towards the Captains Club level.

What is on the "expanded breakfast?"

We had all the listed things for free in our Veranda room last march. ( Fruit, pastries bagels and breads, various breakfast meats, hash, eggs cooked as you like, omelets, pancakes, French toast, smoothies) I was hoping the expanded menu really was expanded lol. I thought I saw they had Lox and a few other things added last time I checked but I guess I have to wait and see. I am very excited we have room 1231 in December!

We are also in concierge cabin, but traveling with my parents who are in a balcony cabin. Can we take them with us at the check in and to the embarkation lunch?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many people travel with family members and close friends and want them to share the perks . Very unlikely they can have lunch with you . They can't say yes to one without extended the perk to others. If they did this then it negates the perk

Excellent news re: the expanded breakfast! Having just changed our cabin to one of the aft ones, I'm looking forward to having breakfast in my pyjamas and dressing gown on my large balcony each morning, rather than have to go to the dining room!

Only problem we had with an aft sky suite is that we were in full sun in the morning and couldn’t enjoy breakfast on our balcony. Your cabin may have a decent overhang to protect you from the soot and sun!

Last April the Concierge class cabins were invited to a sail away on the helicopter pad with the officers & champagne at one of the ports. The views were beautiful & a great venue for photos as the ship left port. We also received a nice tote beach bag. I think it’s worth upgrading to a Concierge cabin after final payment when the prices drop a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums