Splendor's Inaugural Season booking starts April 11

Portolan

Buried in the details about the Splendor announced this week is the line, "Reservations for Seven Seas Splendor’s inaugural season open April 11, 2018."

Found here: https://www.rssc.com/news/details?newsid=26460

Edited by Portolan
Wanted to correct Aprill to April in title...apparently not possible

It's true, we just got a really beautiful Splendor brochure from our TA showing cruises. Nice ship with really nice lines.

Haven't received brochure yet; does anyone have the "hidden" url to get info online?

thanks,

Marc

Just received the lovely "Splendor" brochure and was impressed, even though you will have to wait until 2020 to sail on her. Unfortunately, the itinerary that the ship sails does not offer anything new. Popular, old standard ports are the norm. I wish that this promising new ship would have some promising new ports, but that is not to be.

Just received the lovely "Splendor" brochure and was impressed, even though you will have to wait until 2020 to sail on her. Unfortunately, the itinerary that the ship sails does not offer anything new. Popular, old standard ports are the norm. I wish that this promising new ship would have some promising new ports, but that is not to be.

If her maiden year is anything like Explorer's, they will have picked ports where they can show her off. So, not having seen the brochure yet (will see if the Cruise Consultant has one), I would guess that she will have stops in Europe and both coasts of the U.S.

We got the brochure in today's mail. The ship looks gorgeous! We have not been on the Explorer yet but from the photos I like the "color palette" of the cabins more than the photos I have seen of the Explorer cabins. Personally not too excited about the itineraries so far listed. It's mainly a few Trans Atlantic, Panama Canal and Mediterranean.

Here are the itineraries:

February 7, 2020 Barcelona to Miami (14 nights)

February 25, 2020 Miami to Los Angeles (16 nights)

March 14, 2020 Los Angeles to Miami (16 nights)

April 1, 2020 Miami to NY (15 nights)

April 16, 2020 NY to Barcelona (14 nights)

April 30, 2020 Barcelona to Venice (12 nights)

May 28, 2020 Barcelona to Rome (7 nights)

June 4, 2020 Rome to Barcelona (12 nights)

June 16, 2020 Barcelona to Monte Carlo (10 nights)

June 26, 2020 Monte Carlo to Rome (10 nights)

We got the brochure in today's mail. The ship looks gorgeous! We have not been on the Explorer yet but from the photos I like the "color palette" of the cabins more than the photos I have seen of the Explorer cabins.

Carol, you do realize that those aren't photographs, they are just artist's renderings.

Marc

I did notice in the schedule that Splendor will stop for a few overnights in large cities. Assume that this will be times that Corporate can enjoy the ship in Miami and travel agents can come aboard in Los Angeles and again in Miami.

Carol, you do realize that those aren't photographs, they are just artist's renderings.

Marc

Well of course I realize that, but I am sure the color palette is what they will be using. For example on the Explorer the Concierge and Superior Suites are decorated in dark blue and dark brown. The photos of those same cabins in the Splendor brochure are lighter toned with more whites and cream colors. The suite photos can be viewed on the website for comparison. Even the common areas appear to be a lighter palette throughout the ship.

Well of course I realize that, but I am sure the color palette is what they will be using. For example on the Explorer the Concierge and Superior Suites are decorated in dark blue and dark brown. The photos of those same cabins in the Splendor brochure are lighter toned with more whites and cream colors. The suite photos can be viewed on the website for comparison. Even the common areas appear to be a lighter palette throughout the ship.

I noticed that right off, Carol. The look is much fresher but I am sure it will be more difficult to keep clean.

Got my brochure today. Color scheme seems bland to me. Like how you would decorate your house if you were trying to sell it.

And the itineraries are not exciting at all. But that is probably to be expected at first.

It does show pricing. I think it is a little pricey for the itineraries. The lowest category cabin on some of the itineraries are prices on concierge level on other ships, so I think you might be paying a premium for being on a new ship. The brochure breaks down the cabin categories by telling you how large they are (sq. ft.) and then giving you a list of the amenities relating to that category. If you are interested in pricing, I will be happy to copy some from the brochure.

Yes Sheila....let me know if you want to know any specific pricing. Not a travel agent.....just trying to be helpful. :)

Hi Carol - I’m not Sheila but do have a question. On the Los Angeles to Miami itinerary on Splendor March 14, 2020 I think, how much is the “Splendor” suite (assuming that this is what the Explorer suite equivalent will be).

Thanks! One would think that I could get this information on the ship but we have see nothing (perhaps because we are so far away?).

Jackie

Yes Sheila....let me know if you want to know any specific pricing. Not a travel agent.....just trying to be helpful. :)

Hi Carol

Thanks so much for offering me some information.

On the LAX/MIA cruise-3/14/2020, what is the price for PH-C and F-2 suites?? Appreciate your help.

Sheila

Hi Carol - I’m not Sheila but do have a question. On the Los Angeles to Miami itinerary on Splendor March 14, 2020 I think, how much is the “Splendor” suite (assuming that this is what the Explorer suite equivalent will be).

Thanks! One would think that I could get this information on the ship but we have see nothing (perhaps because we are so far away?).

Jackie

Jackie, just took a photo and sent to your email. :)

Hi Carol

Thanks so much for offering me some information.

On the LAX/MIA cruise-3/14/2020, what is the price for PH-C and F-2 suites?? Appreciate your help.

Sheila

PENTHOUSE SUITE C - $12,199

SUPERIOR SUITE F2 - $9,199

A savings of $350 per person is available when arranging your own flights and transfers.

If you email me I will send to you.

I havent checked, but is this information not available online??? I'll be going to the website shortly, but if I dont find it it'll be a major turn off .

Ok, just went to website and its not there. So let me get this straight, its available in some brochure sent to a selected few, but not online?? ok, whatever!