Things you love about Princess

mcgratru

as someone previously posted...

knowing that self-service laundry facilities are available - even if we don't use them

aft pools with Outriggers bar - our main go to on at sea days - except Royal class - but still like outriggers

I love

The Piazza (especially on the Regal).

International Cafe

Mini-Suite

Great Crew

Meeting So Many Lovely People

I was on the Regal in January and have booked the same cruise in the same cabin for January 2019. We had so much fun we want to do it again.

Super Specialty Dining like Chef's Table and Ultimate Balcony Diner. I want special nights when I'm on vacation, and I haven't found better specialty dining options than these. I find the costs of these experiences to be tiny when compared to the value (and when put in perspective of the overall cruise price). These are also the main reason why I would select Princess over the others.

Exceptional service from onboard staff (without exception!). How do they do that?!?!?

Easy and enjoyable pre-cruise experience. This obviously includes the website and pre-cruise materials/discussions, but I also mean the people at Cruise Critic; I find the Princess posters on CC to be the most enjoyable group on CC.

As several have mentioned, stepping on board a Princess ship is like coming home. The entire world disappears, and an amazing calm just settles over you.

We've done most of our sailing on Grand class ships and feel most comfortable on them. But we also love the enlarged Piazza and buffet on the Royal class ships.

Love the International Cafe, a gym with an ocean view, watching the sun set into the sea on the Promenade Deck.

Personally, I still love hearing The Love Boat theme song. <3:ship:

1. The enrichment lectures ! We sailed to Alaska on the Emerald with naturalist Rachel Cartwright who wrote the book "Alaska Cruise Companion." We learned so much about the glaciers, the fjords, the wildlife, and the ocean. Excellent experience. If you cruise to Alaska with Princess, look for Rachel's book in the gift shop. It makes a huge difference in learning about where you are sailing.

2. We had an attentive staff with courteous and prompt service.

3. The Piazza with live music every night.

4. The Ultimate Ship Tour, which gives a fascinating look behind the scenes of a large cruise ship and the organization required to operate it.:cool::cool::cool:.

We had so much fun, that we booked two more Princess cruises this year. - EBC

1. The enrichment lectures ! We sailed to Alaska on the Emerald with naturalist Rachel Cartwright who wrote the book "Alaska Cruise Companion." We learned so much about the glaciers, the fjords, the wildlife, and the ocean. Excellent experience. If you cruise to Alaska with Princess, look for Rachel's book in the gift shop. It makes a huge difference in learning about where you are sailing.

2. We had an attentive staff with courteous and prompt service.

3. The Piazza with live music every night.

4. The Ultimate Ship Tour, which gives a fascinating look behind the scenes of a large cruise ship and the organization required to operate it.:cool::cool::cool:.

We had so much fun, that we booked two more Princess cruises this year. - EBC

Thanks for the tip on the book. I just searched and it is on Amazon. I'll be picking up a copy to read on the long plane flight to Vancouver. Cannot wait for our Alaska cruise, only 2 months away!

Thanks for the tip on the book. I just searched and it is on Amazon. I'll be picking up a copy to read on the long plane flight to Vancouver. Cannot wait for our Alaska cruise, only 2 months away!

Julie -- You will love your cruise to Alaska. :)

On Amazon, the version of Rachel's book may be a used copy, or it may be a re-print with plain paper pages that do not show the photographs well. On board ship, the gift shop sells the original copy with glossy pages and the beautiful photography shows up better. But either way, it is a very helpful book with great maps. Have a wonderful time, and let us know all about your cruise. :)

Princess has that familiar feeling. I like the perks, I like the elegant decor, comfortable staterooms, the attentive crew (with a few very minor exceptions) and I like the people that cruise on Princess. The food has definitely changed but there is plenty to choose from. As someone said "love the Norman Love" desserts. Princess offers a very decent product for the money. The enrichment lectures on the transatlantic and repositioning cruises were excellent.

We love the many dining options, comfy cabins, great itineraries, friendly staff, pretty ships, Elite perks, meeting new friends, formal nights, production shows (especially British Invasion), the ukulele and hula classes on Hawaii cruises, the International cafe, and sitting on the balcony watching the ever changing views of open seas and entering ports.

Thank you to McGratru ( OP ) for a happy thread..

another thing, coming to our home port, and giving us wonderful memories.

and the lovely new beds... comfortable plus.. the other half told me that I didn't snore for the whole cruise... ( or was she sound asleep too )

Cheers Don with another G&T

Things I love about Princess over other brands:

- IC, I can always find something there to eat, when I'm just not feeling the buffet

- Fellow passengers, seem to have similar interests

- Staff, always have had a great steward and waitstaff on each of our Princess cruises

- Overall atmosphere, very relaxed but also a lot of stuff going on throughout the day

- Cabins, love the layout, roominess and storage options

- Military OBC, like that once you're set-up in their system, it automatically gets added to your account without having to request it

- Self service laundry and having one on each deck, I can pack a whole lot less, which is a huge + when having to fly to our destination

Fetticini Alfredo, Love Boat Dream and the cold soups along with the International Cafe and the entertainment. Have been able to talk with several of the entertainers and they seem to love performing on a Princess ship.