Just boarded the Crown

antsp

Ok here we go.......

All new carpets in corridors. New over size TV in stateroom, not interactive but you can connect your music via Bluetooth. Pizza bar is now slice, burger bar is now salty dog, and ice cream is coffee and cones. All new external carpeting but lots not finished. Towards the aft is not complete, outside decks are quite dirty. All pools empty, I'm sure it will all work out. Haven't seen much else, now waiting for muster.

Ok here we go.......

All new carpets in corridors. New over size TV in stateroom, not interactive but you can connect your music via Bluetooth. Pizza bar is now slice, burger bar is now salty dog, and ice cream is coffee and cones. All new external carpeting but lots not finished. Towards the aft is not complete, outside decks are quite dirty. All pools empty, I'm sure it will all work out. Haven't seen much else, now waiting for muster.

Wondering if the menu items from the Trident Grill will be offered for no charge at the "new" Salty Dog. Please let us know. Sad to think there will be no poolside hot dogs and burgers, knockwurst and fries and sometimes onion rings. IMO, those items were actually good.

Wondering if the menu items from the Trident Grill will be offered for no charge at the "new" Salty Dog. Please let us know. Sad to think there will be no poolside hot dogs and burgers, knockwurst and fries and sometimes onion rings. IMO, those items were actually good.

When the Caribbean Princess' Trident Grill was changed to the Salty Dog everything offered there was no charge including dogs and burgers with various toppings, chicken, tacos, loaded fries. One item, The Ernesto Burgers, had an upcharge of $5 or $8 for the burger & beer.

I would think it is the same on the Crown.

According to our cabin steward, the only new thing that would be changed in the cabins was carpet. The mattresses and linens have already been changed.

When I asked the HC buffet maitre d' about whether they would replace all of the buffet area furniture, he didn't know. I'm hoping it's replaced because it's pretty soiled and the chairs with arms are pretty uncomfortable. OP, if you get a chance, will you check it out?

Salty dog menu is the same

Does that mean different to the one being offered on the Crown, as described by the OP? Thanks for the info tho as we are on her for the first time later in the year,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It surprises me that the dry dock only lasted one week. We were on the sailing just prior to it, and the ship looked like it was in need of more than could possibly have been done in a week's time.

We were on it in January and agree that it needed more than a week. It was looking a bit tired. Didn't affect our cruise of course.