Bouncing Between X and RCL.

cltnccruisers

So if I have 101 points with Royal Caribbean. That puts us at Diamond with RCL. We have 1670 with Celebrity. That puts us at Elite Plus. As Diamond is equal to Elite with Celebrity. So RCL points converted to Celebrity would give us at least 749 points added to our Celebrity points 1670+749= 2419. Oh well still did not make it to Zenith. Someday we might make it. After our last RCL cruise, not that it was that bad because it was not bad. We just dont plan cruise with Royal Caribbean in the coming years.

So if I have 101 points with Royal Caribbean. That puts us at Diamond with RCL. We have 1670 with Celebrity. That puts us at Elite Plus. As Diamond is equal to Elite with Celebrity. So RCL points converted to Celebrity would give us at least 749 points added to our Celebrity points 1670+749= 2419. Oh well still did not make it to Zenith. Someday we might make it. After our last RCL cruise, not that it was that bad because it was not bad. We just dont plan cruise with Royal Caribbean in the coming years.

But again, the two companies are separate and since you earn points only through the company you cruise with, your point regarding the combined value is moot. You earned your Celebrity points by spending money with Celebrity and you earned your Royal Points by spending money with Royal. The only thing Celebrity and Royal (and Azamara) have in common is the same parent company - nothing else. Separate management, policies, profit and loss, etc. Consider the reciprocal benefits just as a perk from the parent company for keeping your total business under one roof v going to one of the Carnival companies, etc.

Leaveitallbehind

Up until Jan 2 nd this year, P&O and Princess had reciprocal status. We sailed our first Princess cruise May 2017 and had Ruby status, due to having sailed P&O. We then gained Platinum status and will be due some excellent benefits, mainly excellent Internet points, 250 free minutes, for a 14 night cruise.

But as you indicate Princess no longer does that, having discontinued their reciprocity program in 2017. So RCI would remain as the only company still offering reciprocity between it's companies.

Celebrity Captain’s Club number is also used for Azamara’s Le Club Voyager, but Azamara is more generous with its points. We sail in balcony cabins, so we accrued 3 C.C points on Celebrity, but 5 on Azamara.

We are sailing Royal in October and will have Diamond status, even though we have only sailed once on RCCL. However, the points we earn won’t increase our C.C total.

It makes no difference to us regarding status as we have sufficient points on both lines to be at the reciprocal level anyway i.e. Diamond on Royal and Elite on X, so we are accumulating points to the next level on each line past the reciprocal boundary already.

Regarding Azamara, do you have a separate total accumulating every time you sail that runs alongside the X total (so in effect, you are awarded two sets of points for one cruise, but with different amounts per day for each of them)?

Regarding Azamara, do you have a separate total accumulating every time you sail that runs alongside the X total (so in effect, you are awarded two sets of points for one cruise, but with different amounts per day for each of them)?

Villauk

No, the points earned on Azamara are addded to your C.C account.

You can only access your total via the Celebrity web site.

Supposedly? So you're not sure. None of the Senior officer events we've ever attended (no matter the ship) have been open to all Captain Club tiers levels. Not sure why if there were that many upper tier levels on your sailing the CC hostess would have opened the event to all CC tier levels. Makes no sense. :confused: It does get a little busier on the afternoon where all the Captain Club tier level members are invited.

We'll have to wait to see if the nightly social hours are packed as we will be back on the Infinity this September for another Canada/Coastal cruise. Hopefully it's a repeat of September 2017. Our most recent B2B cruise was this March on the Equinox and the evening upper tier level social hours weren't crowed. I do understand and have been on ships where the evening events were crowded.

There were NOT that many upper tier members on the cruise, thus the party was opened to all, was very overcrowded and thus Not Very Special although it should have been.

First time that has happened to us and hope not a continued dimunition of E plus perks..

There were NOT that many upper tier members on the cruise, thus the party was opened to all, was very overcrowded and thus Not Very Special although it should have been.

First time that has happened to us and hope not a continued dimunition of E plus perks..

Did you mention you disappointment to the Captains Club hostess? Our last cruise was on the Equinox and there wasn't that many upper tier level members either (for both legs of the cruises) and the event wasn't opened to all CC members.

Edited by davekathy

Speaking of merging loyalty programs...

I received the long dreaded e-mail from Marriott Rewards tonight on the new combined rewards program between Marriott and SPG. It actually doesn't appear to be as bad as I thought it might be, and I may be in the 2-5% (exaggeration) that mostly benefits from the change. They have decided to preserve lifetime elite membership at whatever level you've earned in either program (I just made silver on Marriott and have been gold for years on SPG), so looks like I'll be lifetime gold in the new program. No word on their airline loyalty programs, and it looks like they're going to maintain both their relationship with Visa (Marriott) and AMEX (SPG). I had assumed United/Continental all over again, and it appears they've gone out of their way to not do that.

I don't think RCCL has any incentive to merge C&A and CC, but if they ever do, they need to hire someone from Marriott for the conversion!

Did you mention you disappointment to the Captains Club hostess? Our last cruise was on the Equinox and there wasn't that many upper tier level members either (for both legs of the cruises) and the event wasn't opened to all CC members.

Yes, we did, as well as to the CD and guest rel. I think the idea was a PR move to sell more cruises. They made a big push. It was a very nice party but we were packed in like sardines,, Seemed like the whole ship was there...

Hoping it was a one time deal...if not we'll be skipping it..kind of redundant having 2 Cap Club parties for everyone,..

Villauk

No, the points earned on Azamara are addded to your C.C account.

You can only access your total via the Celebrity web site.

Have you ever tried to move an onboard booking from X to Azamara - do they allow it? Just wondered if it was possible like you can from Royal to X if you pay the £75 transfer fee.

Yes, we did, as well as to the CD and guest rel. I think the idea was a PR move to sell more cruises. They made a big push. It was a very nice party but we were packed in like sardines,, Seemed like the whole ship was there...

Hoping it was a one time deal...if not we'll be skipping it..kind of redundant having 2 Cap Club parties for everyone,..

Good to hear you expressed your disappointment to the Captains Club hostess.

• 4 weeks later...

With the merger of celebrity and royal Caribbean has anyone experienced problems paying their balance on line? I’ve emailed, telephoned and been on celebrity chat. None of them seem to understand the problem. I want to pay through my bank now but I don’t know the banking details for celebrity. Anyone done it this way?:(

Though in your haste to establish that, you miss the point: Combining Crown and Anchor and Captains Club would result in ALL sailings being overwhelmed...If you took everyone's points from each cruise line and combined them using the current requirement levels, you would create an incredibly large number of new Diamond/Elites from the pool of people who have cruised a few times on each without close to enough points on either.

As to the comments regarding Azamara, it is an historical thing...and there is a purpose to it as well: Originally, when the two Azamara ships were acquired, they were intended to be placed into the Celebrity fleet. But looking at Oceania's initial success with its share of the R-ships (All of those ships were originally built for the old Renaissance Cruise Lines--when it went belly-up, the ships were bought by RCI, Princess, a foreign line and by the new start-up Oceania) and noting that they really didn't fit Celebrity's formula, they decided to start a new cruise line--hence Azamara...which could be marketed as an upgrade to Celebrity cruisers wanting a smaller, more upscale experience--and afraid to lose them to Oceania and to the premium lines. Since they figured they would be drawing the business from their current loyal Celebrity customers, they gave those customers an incentive by adding the two small Azamara ships loyalty system to the Captains Club. The effect of two 700 passenger ships doing mostly longer cruises would not have a major impact on the loyalty stats.

One minor correction to an excellent summary. The two Azamara ships actually sailed as Celebrity ships for about 6 months.

• 2 months later...