Live Reviews are GREAT but...

Live Reviews are GREAT, I enjoy reading them, but I can't understand how or why anyone would want to do one unless your a doing it for a job like a travel reporter or something.

When I go on vacation the last thing I want to do is sit on my laptop/ipad log on ridiculously priced internet and type a review of my day and then on top of that answer questions readers are asking. I feel like I wouldn't enjoy my vacation that way.

The thing I love about cruising is that once I get on the ship and check in back home that we made it safe and are on the ship I turn my cell phone off throw it in the safe and don't turn it back on until we return the final day. There is just something about not being "connected" to the outside world that makes cruising amazing....along with the amazing ships, ports of call, drinks, food, and everything else that makes a cruise a cruise.

Thank you to all the dedicated "Live Reviewers" it is something that I will never do, but you are a valuable resource to the CC Community.

Happy Cruising!

I just did my first one last week. I like being connected. I decided to do it so that I had a journal of all the things we did. I can go back to it and remember what we did on each day. My hubby is creating a video to post with all of the videos we took.

Live Reviews are GREAT, I enjoy reading them, but I can't understand how or why anyone would want to do one unless your a doing it for a job like a travel reporter or something.

When I go on vacation the last thing I want to do is sit on my laptop/ipad log on ridiculously priced internet and type a review of my day and then on top of that answer questions readers are asking. I feel like I wouldn't enjoy my vacation that way.

The thing I love about cruising is that once I get on the ship and check in back home that we made it safe and are on the ship I turn my cell phone off throw it in the safe and don't turn it back on until we return the final day. There is just something about not being "connected" to the outside world that makes cruising amazing....along with the amazing ships, ports of call, drinks, food, and everything else that makes a cruise a cruise.

Thank you to all the dedicated "Live Reviewers" it is something that I will never do, but you are a valuable resource to the CC Community.

Happy Cruising!

Agree 100%. When I get on the cruise, I text my friends and family bye bye, turn off my phone, and put it in the safe until we get off the ship. I wish they would raise the internet prices so more people would disconnect. It’s such a luxury these days...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. I’m doing a Greek Isles in September and thought about doing a live but after seeing some of the demands in recent live threads I’m going to pass and do my trip report when I’m back.

Yes, I would tend to agree with you for that reason. Enjoy your cruise! :)

I’ve debated doing a live review but the reasons you’ve mentioned have always stopped me. I’d rather truly enjoy my trip and then do a review when I’m back. I appreciate all those who can do a live review though - I enjoying living vicariously through them! [emoji5]

My DW won't let me do a live review. I work in IT and being on a cruise, I can switch off and get away from it all.

I do have time when she is getting ready in the evenings to go and type some review of the day and answer questions, but if I got caught, there would be trouble.

I've always said, there is nothing important enough to spoil my cruise by contacting me. Everything can wait until my return.

Happy Cruising!

The way I see it is that the reviewer is putting their thoughts/takes down while the memories are still fresh in their minds. So in a way the live review is something that they are doing for themselves, but happen to be taking the rest of us along for the ride.

Like you I'm thankful for all the folks that do put the time and effort to do these reviews, live or otherwise.

Live reviews are great. I just feel sorry for the reviewers who have to put up with the constant barrage of:

*Can you please take a picture of cabin 6372? I've got that booked for November 2019!!

*Is Joe/Jane still the bartender/cabin steward/waiter? Tell him/her that Jim (the crazy guy from Des Moines, s/he'll remember me from three years ago) said hi!

*Can you post the menus from every restaurant every lunch and dinner?

*CC members who insist on quoting every ten picture post to say "Nice pics!"

It's a thankless task. Some of the live reviewers here have the patience of Job.

Thanks to all of you who do them!

I did a live feed of my first RCI sailing on HOTS just a few weeks ago and loved it! Here’s fresh perspective, due to the live feed, we meet another wonderful couple and shared dessert and drinks with them a couple of times. They were in a sky class aqua theatre suite and we even watched a show from their balcony! What a treat, all from live blogging.

It was also a way to totally impress teens. Who knew??? The seniors are very attuned to how many hits your posts get so they had to check daily. I think we had nearly 50,000 views. Now that blew away the teens!

And, there were wonderful community members sharing in our experience. They’d ask “where are the girls tonight” and “is DD feeling better”. The girls loved it! And so did I!!!

Thanks to those of you out there that make live blogging such fun!

And as others have mentioned, I have this wonderful souvenir from my trip with thoughts, experiences, and photos to keep forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never wanted to pay for internet so it's never been an option. In Feb I will have it on my X EDGE cruise as one of my perks, so I'm contemplating doing a "semi-live" which will basically be a nightly check-in before I go to bed. But that's still TBD.

Would be interested in edge live report, considering that for next year . We have internet free on oasis later this year , might consider one, enjoy reading them when planning same cruise.

I've wanted to do one for a while. It does several things. 1, it allows you to really remember your vacation. Its more than just pictures, but its a live blog/journal of your exploits. 2. You may take pictures that you might not normally take. 3. You may actually get feedback on your cruise itself, as this forum is a huge font of cruise knowledge.

It also depends on your situation. Someone with a family would find this difficult because they have too much stuff on their plate.

I plan to start one on Thursday (maybe I'll start the first post Wednesday evening). I'm going solo and I have the internet package already purchased, so I'm ready to go. I will have plenty of time on my hands.

I just did my first one last week. I like being connected. I decided to do it so that I had a journal of all the things we did. I can go back to it and remember what we did on each day. My hubby is creating a video to post with all of the videos we took.

Hi Thewilfords :)

My wife & I keep a cruise journal for all of our sailings. Prior to going to sleep each evening we discuss the days events and log them in the journal. We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

The strolls down memory lane are wonderful. In some ways more entertaining than the photo's or video we have collected over the years. Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save and also relive the voyage...

:)

Same reason why there is now a thread criticizing “live review” threads.

I wasn’t criticizing, just saying i enjoy reading them, but I would prefer to not spend my vacation doing a live blog and responding to questions when on vacation.

My Wife and I are actually tossing around the idea of starting a travel blog website. I’ve been on 8 cruises and my DW 4, I’ve also done a semester of college abroad in Australia. Our cruise in June of 2019 on the Anthem will be our first in a while as we wanted to wait for our girls to be a little older 4.5 and 3 for our first family vacation. So if we do a blog we’re going to do it from a family perspective.

Thanks again Live Bloggers!

I try to do a shared iPhoto album with family and a few friends when we travel and even that gets away from me at times. It allows comments and questions but I’m terrible with keeping up.

Some people obviously really enjoy doing live reviews. If you do it well there is potential for some kickback. I’ve always thought a live Tweet or even simple IG story is a better platform because you eliminate some of the ridiculous requests, but you would also remove a lot of the back and forth that make it interesting.

I am very appreciative of those who do the live reviews and can only assume they do them because they enjoy it!

Personally, not going to happen from me. I do not touch a computer while on vacation. Photos get shared on social media when we return, but I am not touching a keyboard while sailing. Nope. Never. Not my idea of a good time.

This the reason that there are 37 flavors at Baskin-Robbins, as we used to say.

Some people like to post live narratives. Some people like to post after-the-fact reviews. Some people like to read them.

Do what you want.

I suppose it’s all personal preference and people enjoying different things.

Kinda like how some people absolutely hate cruises and others won’t vacation any other way. Different strokes for different folks. To each their own with provolone. Etcetera etcetera.