M class ships

nikel

Just got off the Eclipse and saw the new mock up for the Millenium class. They are doing a multi million dollar refurbishment which will take approximately 4 - 6 weeks per ship. The first one being the Millenium starting January 2019. It looks stunning.

Hopefully, they will spend some of that money on the cabins, especially the bathrooms....rather than what they always do: improve the public revenue generating space. Heck, if they replaced the, what appear to be the original, shower curtains it would be an improvement :)

Hopefully, they will spend some of that money on the cabins, especially the bathrooms....rather than what they always do: improve the public revenue generating space. Heck, if they replaced the, what appear to be the original, shower curtains it would be an improvement :)

Press release said they are doing all the cabins.

I agree, but in all my cruises with X, I've never had a shower with a curtain....what ship were you on?

I agree, but in all my cruises with X, I've never had a shower with a curtain....what ship were you on?

Well, you're probably thinking of S class ships. On M class ships, only AQ and royal suite and penthouse have shower doors. Not sure about Celebrity Suites, have never stayed in one. Even sky suites have shower curtains.

Just got off the Eclipse and saw the new mock up for the Millenium class. They are doing a multi million dollar refurbishment which will take approximately 4 - 6 weeks per ship. The first one being the Millenium starting January 2019. It looks stunning.

Do you know if they will replace plumbing and AC systems as well as decor and design? ...Those are the systems that are prone to fail no matter how much they pretty up the ship! Infinity is a good example

Do you know if they will replace plumbing and AC systems as well as decor and design? ...Those are the systems that are prone to fail no matter how much they pretty up the ship! Infinity is a good example

Never thought about checking into that, but imagine they would since its such a problem, I was just happy to see that the cabin decor was going to be like the Edge class and the buffet was going to change to be like the S class. I HOPE the showers have glass doors, only saw the sink area.

What about it looks so stunning? We are booked just after a refurbishment and are curious.

The staterooms will be completely ripped out and new ones inserted. Venues will be remodelled. Major operation... but the ships will be fabulous after.

BTW: the socalled "Revolution" program is not limited to M class! S-class will also receive the upgrades.

Actually all ships be Edgeicised - which obviously does not sound as good as "solsticised" (the previous program). "Revolution" sure was an easier name :D

Doing the Tokyo cruise in September 2019 on Millennium in a Sky Suite so this sounds very promising!! Think Suites are getting their own area like MSC yacht club if I’m not mistaken?? About time the Millennium class got revitalised as they were looking a tad tired in areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doing the Tokyo cruise in September 2019 on Millennium in a Sky Suite so this sounds very promising!! Think Suites are getting their own area like MSC yacht club if I’m not mistaken?? About time the Millennium class got revitalised as they were looking a tad tired in areas.

We are thinking of the Tokyo one in November 2019, Tokyo to Hong Kong.

The staterooms will be completely ripped out and new ones inserted. Venues will be remodelled. Major operation... but the ships will be fabulous after.

BTW: the socalled "Revolution" program is not limited to M class! S-class will also receive the upgrades.

Actually all ships be Edgeicised - which obviously does not sound as good as "solsticised" (the previous program). "Revolution" sure was an easier name :D

Sounds promising..our ongoing AC issues on Infinity were from a connection/control area in the hallway... parts kept failing and being replaced. Luckily we had no bathroom leak issues .

Well, you're probably thinking of S class ships. On M class ships, only AQ and royal suite and penthouse have shower doors. Not sure about Celebrity Suites, have never stayed in one. Even sky suites have shower curtains.

On M-Class - Celebrity Suites have a Bathtub / Shower combination with a 3 foot glass panel and a shower curtain.

Only on the new Edge!

Only on the new Edge!

I thought that there was going to be a sundeck area just for suites after the ‘edgesization’? Wasn’t there talk of the solstice deck area on S class ships being converted to suite only usage after the revamps?

From LLP ‘Revolution’ statement:

“This is the largest investment the brand has ever made to modernize our fleet, and it’s all for our guests,” continued Lisa.

The Celebrity Revolution will include changes to public spaces as well as staterooms, begining in 2019 and are expected to be completed by 2023. Staterooms will be reimagined to maximize efficiency, new cashmere mattresses will be brought in, and a number of changes will be coming to suites. Further, The Retreat Sundeck will be added outside, and The Retreat Lounge inside, both high-end spaces for suite class guests to enjoy.

Edited by villauk

I thought that there was going to be a sundeck area just for suites after the ‘edgesization’? Wasn’t there talk of the solstice deck area on S class ships being converted to suite only usage after the revamps?

“This is the largest investment the brand has ever made to modernize our fleet, and it’s all for our guests,” continued Lisa.

The Celebrity Revolution will include changes to public spaces as well as staterooms, begining in 2019 and are expected to be completed by 2023. Staterooms will be reimagined to maximize efficiency, new cashmere mattresses will be brought in, and a number of changes will be coming to suites. Further, The Retreat Sundeck will be added outside, and The Retreat Lounge inside, both high-end spaces for suite class guests to enjoy.

So it seems I did not read that...

Maybe because I am not a friend of too many closed off areas. Wonder where the would do that on M class.

So it seems I did not read that...

Maybe because I am not a friend of too many closed off areas. Wonder where the would do that on M class.

My guess is the Michael's Club will be renamed the Retreat Lounge, and the forward sun deck at the top will be converted to a suites-only Retreats Sundeck.

My guess is the Michael's Club will be renamed the Retreat Lounge, and the forward sun deck at the top will be converted to a suites-only Retreats Sundeck.

That would be a shame. These ships aren't that large to be closing off space. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying extra and getting extra but when there isn't a lot of room to spare as it is.....

What is a cashmere mattress?.I am allergic...cashmere, al wool and silks.

Uh oh...just looked it up,,.a cashmere wool matress not good for me.. I will have to check with EDGE... and if they have cashmere find out if they can supply something else,,,Yikes!

Edited by hcat

I hope storage space in cabins will not be reduced during upgrades. For us curtains in showers on Summit were lesser evil than only 3 drawers on Silhouette.

We also missed our favorite activity shuffleboard.