5 for 4 Beer

RBAlbany

Haven't seen this specific question yet. Probably will be drinking mostly beer on our next cruise. Taking advantage of current sale I now have $200 OBC. The 5 for 4 that can be purchased before hand; is it available while you are cruising. I never thought of asking or checking before. Thanks.

Haven't seen this specific question yet. Probably will be drinking mostly beer on our next cruise. Taking advantage of current sale I now have $200 OBC. The 5 for 4 that can be purchased before hand; is it available while you are cruising. I never thought of asking or checking before. Thanks.

Yes, you can purchase that on board at the bars. Just make sure you ask them not to open them all at once.

yes - both before and during...

Pro-Tip - if it's just you drinking the beer(s), maybe think about taking a small soft sided cooler to put them in instead of the bucket so the ice last longer...

and make sure the cooler is long enough to hold the 16oz aluminum bottles if that's yor thing...

and a bottle opener...;p

I am thinking of buying the 5 for 4 Beers...my question is if i pre order them...and they deliver them to the room, do they supply you with a bottle opener? As i do not want to chance bringing a bottle opener from home for security reasons?

I am thinking of buying the 5 for 4 Beers...my question is if i pre order them...and they deliver them to the room, do they supply you with a bottle opener? As i do not want to chance bringing a bottle opener from home for security reasons?

If you are getting those giant cans of Bud aren't they screw tops? As for a bottle opener I have a bottle opener and a corkscrew that live in my travel kit. Never had a problem.

If you are getting those giant cans of Bud aren't they screw tops? As for a bottle opener I have a bottle opener and a corkscrew that live in my travel kit. Never had a problem.

Yes.

It is corkscrews with the 3/4 inch foil cutter that with hold you up in security. No foil cutter - No problem

Yes.

It is corkscrews with the 3/4 inch foil cutter that with hold you up in security. No foil cutter - No problem

I have actually flown and sailed a number of times with a huge Swiss Army Knife I had from long ago. I always took it camping and it was in my bag of bathroom stuff (Dopp Kit). I was never questioned or hassled in any way. Obviously it was in my checked luggage. I have since removed it from my stuff but i did fly with it and had it on cruises maybe 6 times or so.

I have a question as well...on the ship is the 5 for 4 only on Bud and Heineken as it shows to pre-purchase or can I get Blue Moon?

Also Dos Equis I hope. Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I think I have figured out how to use my OBC!! The cruise is an 11-day Mediterranean cruise that is port intensive. The traditional drink package just doesn't seem worth it.

Yes.

Have not a problem with corkscrews with foils cutters with Princess security, but one time I mistakenly packed one in a carry on bag and it ended up in the garbage at the security line in LAX [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have not a problem with corkscrews with foils cutters with Princess security, but one time I mistakenly packed one in a carry on bag and it ended up in the garbage at the security line in LAX [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes airport security. In practice, Princess stops very little.

I have just one question :confused: Thrak are they monogrammed LOL :D

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

I have just one question :confused: Thrak are they monogrammed LOL :D

Tony

Nope. I stole them from the rowboat. They have the official Rowboat logo on them. :cool:

In truth the corkscrew was a freebie from BevMo and the bottle opener is probably 50 years old and was a freebie from a grocery store or somewhere like that. Surely you can remember when every grocery store gave out free bottle openers and every hardware store gave out free yard sticks? Just about anywhere you went gave out free books of matches. Oh, free fly swatters too. ;)

Nope. I stole them from the rowboat. They have the official Rowboat logo on them. :cool:

In truth the corkscrew was a freebie from BevMo and the bottle opener is probably 50 years old and was a freebie from a grocery store or somewhere like that. Surely you can remember when every grocery store gave out free bottle openers and every hardware store gave out free yard sticks? Just about anywhere you went gave out free books of matches. Oh, free fly swatters too. ;)

Wow! You sure are old Thrak! ;p

I love it :D I thought they fell overboard. :eek: Enjoy them they are of the finest quality!!

Tony

Can anyone tell me what is the cost in US $ for the 4 for 5 buckets?

I have the price in CDN in my cruiseplanner but would like to know if it’s better to buy ahead in CDN or wait and pay onboard in US where my credit card would add the exchange

Heineken and dos equis are $30.36

Budweiser is $34.50

Bud Light is $31.74

TIA!

I have actually flown and sailed a number of times with a huge Swiss Army Knife I had from long ago. I always took it camping and it was in my bag of bathroom stuff (Dopp Kit). I was never questioned or hassled in any way. Obviously it was in my checked luggage. I have since removed it from my stuff but i did fly with it and had it on cruises maybe 6 times or so.

I always laugh when I see these replies. I remember flying out to San Diego (business) back about 3 months after 9/11. I had ALWAYS had a P-38 (small GI can opener for the old C Rations) about an inch and a half long. They made me take it off my key chain and deposit it in the box.

I told the TSA Guy - "I've had that thing since Viet Nam!". Made no difference. Guess he thought I might take over a plane with an inch and a half can opener. :D

Figured out that if I went into private browsing it defaulted to US pricing

Found my answer

5-For-4 Beer Packages: Choose your favorite beer variety from the list below and receive 5 bottles for the price of 4. Price includes service charge.

Package is not currently offered on selected voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.5-for-4 Dos Equis PackageItem #2372$25.305-for-4 Heineken PackageItem #2373$25.305-for-4 Budweiser PackageItem #2374$28.755-for-4 Bud Light PackageItem #2375$26.45

Actually the Budweiser and Bud Light are not screw top. (my DH's usual). Miller Light and Coors Light are screw top.

We carry a simple bottle opener with us always.

e443f864-d367-4bd7-8b74-54d32ee7a0ab.jpg

so....i thought the cabins have a mini fridge and if so, why not just put the drinks in the fridge insread of worrying about ice buckets and coolers?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We purchase the package for our room. They bring the bucket of beer unopened and we just put it in the fridge. And Yes they bring a bottle opener to leave in the cabin!