INDI Bad news for Diamond and Diamond +

I don't think there will be a policy change on this new procedure. I think the remaining ships will all convert to SL/DL scenario and the CL will be a thing of the past. I also believe that within the next few years that the DL will become a DPL and the Ds will only receive the drinks on the vouchers. I also believe that "looking at the bottom line" that within the next few years your card will be scanned whether at a bar around the ship or in the DL (DPL:D:D) and once you hit your 3 drinks total "wherever around the ship" you will be "done" for the evening. The C&A program has been very successful and the number of D & DP is such a staggering number that RC will have to "manage" the perks as the C&A numbers continue to grow.

Shhhh! Don't give them ideas. :D

I was pointing out that on my last cruise on the Indi both diamond lounges were full the old C lounge was not even with D+

Diamond members will now squeezed into the smaller old Diamond lounge with now the additional d+

Indy had 2 D lounges? :confused:

Indy had 2 D lounges? :confused:

Sorta - the space usually occupied by the D lounge on other Voyager and Freedom class ships on deck 14 was a second D lounge - the main one being on the other side of deck 14.

Biker, who likes English lessons by Carol®.

While you are right, I imagine that many of the SL are now larger than the DL's on board.

Which is kind of odd, since there is a fixed amount of suites that can go to the lounge- and I don't think there is *that* many, but the D and D+ can run into the hundreds. So it's kind of odd that the DL on the Adventure is much smaller than the SL just across the 14th deck. More odd that the DL lost the outside part for the climbing wall- which was a great overflow area- at the same time the SL ADDED the outside part.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to have that large of an area of the SL vs the DL. Same size, maybe. But not twice as large.

You can see where RC priorities are.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

I don't mind using the vouchers but I do hate that New Amsterdam vodka that is all over the ship. They even use it in the $12 (+) cosmos at the Champagne Bar on AD.

It's disgusting. I drank club soda instead so I guess it kept me healthier.

I don't mind using the vouchers but I do hate that New Amsterdam vodka that is all over the ship. They even use it in the $12 (+) cosmos at the Champagne Bar on AD.

I agree with you 1000% about that brand of vodka. I switched to jack daniels and Jameson's. I was afraid that New Amsterdam would strip the enamel off my teeth. :D:p:eek:

Airlines are doing the same thing, basing status and perks on money spent. You can get to be Diamond by cruising in insides but they make the money on suites. The people who spend the money are those who they want to reward.

People also get it by piggybacking off their parents when they were kids even if they only went on one cruise. Generational diamonds.

Freedom, too, was loaded with that N.A. stuff a couple of weeks ago. Finally I had to ask the bartender I had been frequenting it he could use something else.

Freedom, too, was loaded with that N.A. stuff a couple of weeks ago. Finally I had to ask the bartender I had been frequenting it he could use something else.

That's why I liked to find a favorite bartender on each ship. Frequent them enough and throw them a little extra tip and they usually gave you your regular drink whether it was on the D menu or not. Now I just buy the package instead of spending time finding the right bartender and laying the groundwork.

We need a STICKY at the top of the Royal Caribbean page to stop these moronic "announcements".

ALL ships give D, D+ and PC 3 nightly vouchers on their SeaPasses.

These ships have a CONCIERGE lounge and NOT a Suite Lounge and Diamond Plus may use it:

Vision

Grandeur

Enchantment

Rhapsody

Radiance

Jewel

Brilliance

Serenade

Explorer

Navigator

Voyager

Freedom

Anthem

Quantum

Ovation

These ships have a SUITE LOUNGE and not a Concierge lounge and Diamond Plus may only use the Diamond Lounge.

Adventure

Mariner

Oasis

Allure

Harmony

Symphony

Liberty

Independence

All ships except Majesty and Empress have a Diamond Lounge/Club and it is open to D, D+ & PC.

These ships have no dedicated lounges at all: Majesty & Empress. Majesty uses the Viking Crown Lounge for a nightly cocktail event like the other ships that is open to Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Suites. Empress gives you ONLY the 3 nightly vouchers.

Thank you MM. I did read it and it is a very good summary!

While you are right, I imagine that many of the SL are now larger than the DL's on board.

Which is kind of odd, since there is a fixed amount of suites that can go to the lounge- and I don't think there is *that* many, but the D and D+ can run into the hundreds. So it's kind of odd that the DL on the Adventure is much smaller than the SL just across the 14th deck. More odd that the DL lost the outside part for the climbing wall- which was a great overflow area- at the same time the SL ADDED the outside part.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to have that large of an area of the SL vs the DL. Same size, maybe. But not twice as large.

I believe RCCL is moving toward catering more to the suite guests. As you are aware, on those ships with a CL the lounge is shared with the suite, pinnacle and D+ guests and often overcrowding exists. A suite guest, who may be paying $1000 a day for a cruise and is unable to get a seat in the lounge has a reasonable gripe. Suite guests, other than those in genie cabins, don't get three drinks on their card as do D and D+ and pinnacle.

On some sailings the large number of pinnacle guests is beginning to stress the lounges much to the chagrin of suite guests.

I agree with you 1000% about that brand of vodka. I switched to jack daniels and Jameson's. I was afraid that New Amsterdam would strip the enamel off my teeth. :D:p:eek:
Mariner was using Lithoanian vodka. [emoji16]

They also had a fake Baileys.

And wait for it

Fake Berringer [emoji33]

Oh the humanity

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

I'll bite - how do you fake Berringers?
Beats me. Something like Sunny Hill. Laura didn't like it.

There was a lot of staff stashing bottles for their fave customers.

Ran out of Jamesons also.

Much better on leg 2

Keep in mind they had 1200 passengers eligible for unlimited happy hour. Schooner, Boleros, and all of 14 were defacto DL's. Plus you could get drinks during dinner at MDR, and WJ

Beats me. Something like Sunny Hill. Laura didn't like it.

There was a lot of staff stashing bottles for their fave customers.

Ran out of Jamesons also.

Much better on leg 2

Keep in mind they had 1200 passengers eligible for unlimited happy hour. Schooner, Boleros, and all of 14 were defacto DL's. Plus you could get drinks during dinner at MDR, and WJ

I will admit that while Berringer’s White Zin is a pretty low end product, It is actually the best of that particular style of wine. A friend of ours was afflicted like Laura, and I will admit to drinking it on float trips and stuff. I remember one float trip about 20 years ago, at the end of the first day we were out of wine. So, we drove 20 miles to the nearest store, and I bought every bottle of wine in the store..... that had a cork.... one ancient bottle of Chardonnay and a bottle of Cab. They were horrible. Her pink stuff was not bad when you are desperate. I remember trying to save money and buying her a two pack of Sutter Homes or something, and I have to admit Berlinger is better.

A trip to Napa and a day of wine tasting, last stop was Beringer, after drinking dry red all day... the white Zin tasted delightful.

JC

I will admit that while Berringer’s White Zin is a pretty low end product, It is actually the best of that particular style of wine. A friend of ours was afflicted like Laura, and I will admit to drinking it on float trips and stuff. I remember one float trip about 20 years ago, at the end of the first day we were out of wine. So, we drove 20 miles to the nearest store, and I bought every bottle of wine in the store..... that had a cork.... one ancient bottle of Chardonnay and a bottle of Cab. They were horrible. Her pink stuff was not bad when you are desperate. I remember trying to save money and buying her a two pack of Sutter Homes or something, and I have to admit Berlinger is better.

A trip to Napa and a day of wine tasting, last stop was Beringer, after drinking dry red all day... the white Zin tasted delightful.

JC

You ever go to Herman, MO?

That's a fun trip in the fall.

Mariner was using Lithoanian vodka. [emoji16]

They also had a fake Baileys.

And wait for it

Fake Berringer [emoji33]

They are trying to blast everyone out of the lounges by serving all of this rotgut. Someone in purchasing is laughing their a off.

The port side diamond lounge was created in oct 2016 when the outside area of the DL became a construction staging area for the starboard side scrubber. I was on a b2b and the do was starboard 1 leg port side the next. Don’t know how a SL would fit in the same spot on Navigator as that is where Izumi is . As more become pinnacle the SL will have the same crowding issue as the DL

Because it's correct. Because asking again won't change that. Why does being informed and sharing that information seem to be a bad thing to you?

What is a “bad thing to me” is a sarcastic, arrogant and condescending tone. Consistenty. If you are, in fact, a representative of Royal, that tone should be a “bad thing” to them as well.

You ever go to Herman, MO?

That's a fun trip in the fall.

Yes, but I prefer Augusta. We used to stay at a nice B&B called the Red Brick Inn and we would ride our bikes on the Katy trail in the morning and then go to Mt Pleasant Winery for music and wine or Montelle. Lovely weekends spent there.

JC

As more become pinnacle the SL will have the same crowding issue as the DL

It's a lot harder to get to Pinnacle than D/D+. If Royal gets so many Pinnacles that their lounges are bursting at the seams I think they will be pretty pleased.

What is a “bad thing to me” is a sarcastic, arrogant and condescending tone. Consistenty. If you are, in fact, a representative of Royal, that tone should be a “bad thing” to them as well.

I like her posts. They are to the point and not boring. A lot of posters on the various forums (none here of course) are super boring. Consistently. So it livens things up and keeps things moving. I'm sure Royal loves it.

Just off the Indi and it looks fantastic, plenty new things for guests and families. more later.

those D , D+ that have been on the Indi before will know about the two diamond lounges on deck 14.

This has changed the larger Diamond lounge has gone and been replaced by a Suite lounge.

This is only now available to Pinnical and Suite guests .

so D+ and Diamond are all now squeezed into the small original lounge.

when asked, the CEO said that I would have too book a suite if I wanted to use it.

Hope this board can get him to change this

I recognize this will not be a popular opinion... but w/ all due respect to D & D+ this is the way it should be. Someone that drops the big bucks for a grander cabin should have a few more perks than the balance of the ship. Likewise, those who have reached the Pinnacle of the Loyalty program should be treated royaly.

Having a D & D+ lounge should be sufficient and just as enjoyable. For me, I believe it's all about one's attitude going in anyway! Smile and the world smiles back. Smile w/ a drink in hand and say, "Cheers" and the chances are very strong that someone will return the same!

Having a D & D+ lounge should be sufficient and just as enjoyable. For me, I believe it's all about one's attitude going in anyway! Smile and the world smiles back. Smile w/ a drink in hand and say, "Cheers" and the chances are very strong that someone will return the same!

I don't mind being limited to the D lounge but the New Amsterdam is killin me. After I take a sip, I can't smile. I tried really hard.