Elite Drink Benefits

Sascol

We are Elite members on both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Our last few cruises have been on Royal Caribbean. For each of those cruises we were issued ‘vouchers’ on our cruise cards that we could use for free drinks between the hours of approximately 5 PM and 8 PM.

How does this work on Celebrity? Do we have to go to a specific Elite lounge to get the drinks or will we be issued the vouchers on our accounts that can be used at any bar during the specified hours? Thank you in advance for your replies.

First off I have to say I'm loving your profile picture! With Celebrity the drink vouchers work in two different ways. Either there is an elite cocktail party in one lounge or the vouchers are loaded onto the card. On most cruises the number of Elites is pretty high so it is loaded onto the card and can be used at any bard with the exception of the World Class Bar (the martini bar was recently added, at least it was on our previous cruise on the Reflection a few weeks ago). On embarkation day you'll have a sheet on your bed along with the daily program that will explain your Elite benefits and which method they're choosing for that specific sailing.

There will typically be a couple bars on the ship, specifically the sky lounge and the Ensemble lounge that will still have passed snacks during the happy hour.

I hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

This has been answered in many threads. In summary, elites get a cocktail party daily (except first night) from 5 to 7pm usually in the observation lounge. If there are too many elites on board, then either you get 3 coupons or 3 drinks loaded on your card that is good only from 5 to 7.

Just to clarify, you do not get vouchers on most cruises the default is a cocktail party, drinks are free off a drink menu and you can get as many as you like. They ask that you not leave with the drinks. The party is usually held nightly except for embarkation night and night of the officers party. The event is held in usually the Sky lounge from 5-7. The vouchers are only used when there are a large number of elites.. Everything is explained by a letter in your stateroom.

Long time cruiser with RCI and in a couple of weeks will be a first time Celebrity cruiser...Just surprised that X doesn't offer both at the same time...instead of either or.

Long time cruiser with RCI and in a couple of weeks will be a first time Celebrity cruiser...Just surprised that X doesn't offer both at the same time...instead of either or.

On X many passengers get the classic or premium beverage packages as a perk on cruises other than TAs. Therefore, the lounge tends to not be as crowded as the Diamond Lounge on RCI, where the passengers with the packages have purchased it. On TAs on X the beverage packages aren't usually given as perks so the Elite cocktail parties tend to be more well attended and hence the loading of vouchers on seapass cards.

RC definitely has the better drink benefits....3 hour cocktail lounge PLUS 2 drink credits at bars, versus just a 2 hour cocktail lounge (and not available on the first night) on celebrity.

RC definitely has the better drink benefits....3 hour cocktail lounge PLUS 2 drink credits at bars, versus just a 2 hour cocktail lounge (and not available on the first night) on celebrity.

Even better...RCs HHs are 3.5 hours long each evening and RC loads 3 drinks on your sea pass card each evening which both are available every evening of the cruise. We feel both Celebrity and RC have excellent upper tier level perks besides the drinks.

Thanks to all. Hoping for a lot of elites as we prefer to do this at the bars rather than at the sky lounge. This is an 11 night western Med on Oct 1st on te Reflection.

I suggest that you give the Elite cocktail party a try...The ambiance is just so much nicer than what we have experienced in the Diamond lounges on RC.

We have a premium package when we cruise and access to the suite lounge but still enjoy the Elite evening events... more than just about the alcohol....

It has always been both on the TSs I took when there were a large # of Elites. 1600 of us recently on the Eclipse and we enjoyed happy hour in the Sky lounge but had the option of using our cards to get drinks at other bars and also we got the benefit in the MDR

It has always been both on the TSs I took when there were a large # of Elites. 1600 of us recently on the Eclipse and we enjoyed happy hour in the Sky lounge but had the option of using our cards to get drinks at other bars and also we got the benefit in the MDR
We were also on the eclipse and really like the option of having a drink in the dining room from the three loaded into the sea pass card. I would love to have celebrity continue to do that.

Is that only for transatlantic or were there is a huge number of Elites and above?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We sail the 2 week Canada / New England cruise every year on Summit and there are always coupons in use.

I don't understand the need for coupons, my card says Elite Plus on it I should be able to go to any bar (or almost any bar) between 5-7 and order off the Captain's Club menu. Just like I can go to Cafe al Bacio all day long and order latte, espresso, cappuccino or tea. I don't need a coupon/voucher.

Celebrity needs to get into the 21st Century.

The difference is that the specialty coffee perk is unlimited. The cocktail perk is 3 per person per day during cocktail hours. If you only had to show your card you could go from bar to bar ordering drink after drink. You only get 3 paper coupons (when they are used) and When the perk is loaded onto your card you are capped at three drinks.

Celebrity is transitioning away from the paper coupons but it seems to be taking a while to accomplish that.

Hey

It happened again on the following cruise to Ireland and aiceland when again there was a huge number of Elite and above.

It happened again on May 10 Eclipse. The lounge had around 70 to 80 people during cocktail hours. They may be transitioning to 3 drinks on the cards to be used during 5-7.

The cocktail perk is 3 per person per day during cocktail hours.

It shouldn't be limited (but I get why it is) since if I was in the lounge on Celebrity or Diamond Lounge on RCCL the number of drinks is not limited. If they are going to limit it at least make it 4 drinks per person per day.

Thanks to all. Hoping for a lot of elites as we prefer to do this at the bars rather than at the sky lounge. This is an 11 night western Med on Oct 1st on te Reflection.

Sascol- Celebrity usually offers at least one "free" perk with your booking and many people get the Classic beverage package which then allows you to go to any bar. Maybe a good thing to do for an 11-night cruise? The upgrade to the premium package is also reasonable which you can do onboard. Both beverage packages give you free premium coffees at Cafe al Bacio too.

On our last TA, I was very happy that we could use our “coupons” for wine in the dining room. I was a little surprised that we had to give our cards when ordering drinks in the Sky Lounge during happy hour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums