Le Club Voyage Pursuit visit.

Belfastman

Yes.... I am afraid I had also asked Azamara when our cruise friends began to receive invites..... and was only looking for some transparency. Alas, was fobbed off. ............ I was told in the response that it was only for press and media. Not true and upsetting for loyal Azamara LCV members.

The invites were sent out by email about a week ago and as I mentioned in my post above, Azamara email receipt of all kinds can be patchy. I understand there will be a few different events going on for Pursuit prior to and during service, not all of them for LCV members and the general public. As for transparency, I think it's more about talking to the right person who knows! If you really would like to go then email LCV directly and ask them and if there are any spaces left they might be able to offer you. Don't take the lack of invite personally though. If it is popular they may run another one on a turnaround day I guess.

Phil

Come on guys. Think of my wedding analogy earlier, there’s relatives who have to be asked and take up spaces - here the relatives will be big travel agencies etc. Then there’s those who have to be there to do a job or because of a connection- those plus ones are the press etc and then you have to make a decision which friends you ask. For friends here it’s LCV members.

If you don’t get an invite do you ask your friend what criteria was used. No

Do you subtly check if your invite got list

Possibly

Do you ask for any spare space

Well it depends on you, some might but if they do it’s a risk the response would offend even more.

I’d say move on, it’s not meant to be for you this time but there may be another chance soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Come on guys. Think of my wedding analogy earlier, there’s relatives who have to be asked and take up spaces - here the relatives will be big travel agencies etc. Then there’s those who have to be there to do a job or because of a connection- those plus ones are the press etc and then you have to make a decision which friends you ask. For friends here it’s LCV members.

If you don’t get an invite do you ask your friend what criteria was used. No

Do you subtly check if your invite got list

Possibly

Do you ask for any spare space

Well it depends on you, some might but if they do it’s a risk the response would offend even more.

I’d say move on, it’s not meant to be for you this time but there may be another chance soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think there is a difference between this and a wedding. You are not a paying customer in order to get a a wedding invite. Equality plays a part here as most are customers of a company who seem intend on promoting a two class system - those they value more highly and the rest. The fairest way to have done this would have sent an email to all and the first 200 or whatever number they could accommodate to reply would get the invite.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

Edited by Belfastman

Firstly we’re not at all upset at the lack of an invitation, it would have been nice to stay on Pursuit on the 13th but mainly to meet some of our LCV friends as we will have already been on Pursuit for 12 days. However we appreciate it would actually be selfish to take up places that could have been taken by others who won’t have seen Pursuit before. As regards the 28th places will be very limited so to use uktog’s analogy only Azamara’s closest friends, i.e. their very top LCV passengers, will have been invited. Despite what we might think we know we are way off the number of cruises others have done.

Part of the problem is that we all know the problems there have been with LCV communication, so it’s only natural to wonder if your invitation may have been lost in the post. We haven’t received any LCV communication for well over a year so if it wasn’t for Cruise Critic would know nothing about this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Firstly we’re not at all upset at the lack of an invitation, it would have been nice to stay on Pursuit on the 13th but mainly to meet some of our LCV friends as we will have already been on Pursuit for 12 days. However we appreciate it would actually be selfish to take up places that could have been taken by others who won’t have seen Pursuit before. As regards the 28th places will be very limited so to use uktog’s analogy only Azamara’s closest friends, i.e. their very top LCV passengers, will have been invited. Despite what we might think we know we are way off the number of cruises others have done.

Part of the problem is that we all know the problems there have been with LCV communication, so it’s only natural to wonder if your invitation may have been lost in the post. We haven’t received any LCV communication for well over a year so if it wasn’t for Cruise Critic would know nothing about this.

I am aware of people who are not in the top tier LCV and have been invited for the 28th. Also I do get LCV emails on a regular basis.

Equality plays a part here as most are customers of a company who seem intend on promoting a two class system - The fairest way to have done this would have sent an email to all and the first 200 or whatever number they could accommodate to reply would get the invite.

How do you know what system they used? Perhaps it was done just this way. As I have said a couple of times here already, the Azamara email communication system is notoriously clunky and many here don’t get anything. People get missed out.

Ya know, it’s one of the reasons I don’t post announcements like this here, or for example discuss how much I paid for a cruise on a roll call other than generally to highlight price drops. There will always be someone disappointed. A nice event on a new ship and Azamara doing their best to promote it and it just turns negative for some here.

Phil

How do you know what system they used? Perhaps it was done just this way. As I have said a couple of times here already, the Azamara email communication system is notoriously clunky and many here don’t get anything. People get missed out.

Ya know, it’s one of the reasons I don’t post announcements like this here, or for example discuss how much I paid for a cruise on a roll call other than generally to highlight price drops. There will always be someone disappointed. A nice event on a new ship and Azamara doing their best to promote it and it just turns negative for some here.

Phil

Well said Phil and lets accept it Azamara can ask who they want.

Phil

I think we know it wasn't done the fair way. It's strange that people who claim that they don't get emails suddenly do for this event!!

We’ve never had an email from LCV despite taking 3 cruises with them and being Discoverer level. Therefore I’m not surprised nor disappointed at not being invited. [emoji6]

Maybe one day the email list will work properly but luckily it doesn’t spoil the onboard experience.

I think we know it wasn't done the fair way. It's strange that people who claim that they don't get emails suddenly do for this event!!

As far as I can tell you have your invite to the event and an undertaking that possibly another will happen in NI for you to go to, so I don’t understand your speculating and stirring it up.

Enjoy the event anyway.

Phil

As I said in Post No 2. Lucky you for getting in invite. I live less than an hour away from Southampton - and would have enjoyed the experience. Not sure exactly what you are complaining about. If you don't want to go (indeed it is a long journey) I would be happy to use your ticketsclear.png?emoji-smile-1742

I've shared this thread with our UK office. Richard Twynam asked me to let you know we are working through the logistics of doing an LCV event on the Pursuit in Belfast but it is very complex, with many moving parts. This will be for our Irish and Northern Irish LCV members. We hope to confirm soon! :ship:

Thank you Bonnie that would be fantastic for those of us Azamara fans who live in Belfast. I have been visiting her regularly to follow progress and am looking forward to cruising on her in September. Is there anyway of ensuring you are on the list to be considered for an invite. Azamara have such a poor record of email communication.

My comments relate to the christening and two day mini cruise. The event on 13 August we will not be attending as the costs of flights and hotel make the lunch almost £400.

Ok, I wasn’t going going to respond again, but colour me confused. So you aren’t going on the 13th anyway and were talking about a different 2 day event? So all this is moot?

As to your comment regarding having a class system, all I can say is it is everywhere and it’s called life.

Phil

Thank you Bonnie that would be fantastic for those of us Azamara fans who live in Belfast. I have been visiting her regularly to follow progress and am looking forward to cruising on her in September. Is there anyway of ensuring you are on the list to be considered for an invite. Azamara have such a poor record of email communication.

I don't think there's a way to ensure you're on the list. But you're welcome to write to Richard Twynam, our UK Managing Director, to let him know you'd like to be included. His email is rtwynam@azamara.com

This week I have been in contact with LCV about another matter and thought I would mention the lack of emails, the LCV representative could not of been more helpful. Turns out that the email address they had was one from a few years back which had been corrupted when Celebrity did a system update. It took 6 months back then to get Celebrity to correct it but obviously it was not corrected on Azamara.

So now Azamara have good data and we have had to confirm that we are happy to receive information to comply with GDPR.

Today we have received our invitation to the Pursuit LCV event on the 13th August, as it happens the event is sold out but it’s academic as we wouldn’t have applied anyway having already been on Pursuit for 12 days.

It might therefore be worth those who don’t receive emails contacting LCV to see if they have a similar problem to ours.

I’ve received a statement from our U.K. team...

“Our LCV event on the 13th August has extremely limited capacity, and knowing how popular it would be, we sent out an invitation last week to a small group of our UK based LCV guests and monitored numbers closely. As we had some spaces remaining this week we decided to send out the invitation more widely to our valued LCV customers in the UK, and such was the response that the remaining spaces for the event sold out completely in just a few minutes.

We’re sorry to anyone who was disappointed not to get a place this time around, but we are looking at possibilities to see whether we can hold any further ship visits on board Pursuit this year.”

I’ve received a statement from our U.K. team...

“Our LCV event on the 13th August has extremely limited capacity, and knowing how popular it would be, we sent out an invitation last week to a small group of our UK based LCV guests and monitored numbers closely. As we had some spaces remaining this week we decided to send out the invitation more widely to our valued LCV customers in the UK, and such was the response that the remaining spaces for the event sold out completely in just a few minutes.

We’re sorry to anyone who was disappointed not to get a place this time around, but we are looking at possibilities to see whether we can hold any further ship visits on board Pursuit this year.”

Yes indeed my hopes were dashed in a few moments!

The email arrived and I reacted, but SOLD OUT across the screen was the response!! Hey ho.

But do ask again if spaces materialise. We are only in Essex.

I was also delighted to have received an invite, albeit in the second round. I replied within 5 minutes of receiving the email. The event was sold out.

I cannot believe the bad marketing on behalf of Azamara. If they had a few places left they should have targeted individual LCV members.

I have emailed Richard Twynam but not yet had a reply.

I was also delighted to have received an invite, albeit in the second round. I replied within 5 minutes of receiving the email. The event was sold out.

I cannot believe the bad marketing on behalf of Azamara. If they had a few places left they should have targeted individual LCV members.

And then they get accused of running a two class system. Damned if they do and damned it they don't. Bottom line is they can't invite every single LCV member and it's done I'm sure with the best intentions, not to disappoint some people.

Phil

I received an invite yesterday, but didn’t respond as living in Yorkshire, it’s quite a trek to Southampton and we are already going for 2 cruises this year.

However, it was nice to be asked.

And then they get accused of running a two class system. Damned if they do and damned it they don't. Bottom line is they can't invite every single LCV member and it's done I'm sure with the best intentions, not to disappoint some people.

Phil

Of course that's life!

Just got my tickets this morning for a visit with lunch to see the Pursuit in Southampton. The event is on Monday 13 August from 9.00 to 14.30.

Belfastman, I think you have opened a can of worms on this thread.

I got my invite, and declined, freeing up two spaces for those who live nearer.

If the visit in Belfast takes place I'll be happy to turn up on the day.