Le Club Voyage Pursuit visit.

Belfastman

How lovely for you Belfastman. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Shame it couldn't have been held in Belfast though!

We are so fortunate to have been invited to Pursuit's Christening in Southampton in August and the mini cruise afterwards. So looking forward to it!

If you are staying in a hotel in Southampton pre or post your event then don't pick the Premier Inn at Westquay. We stayed there for a night pre Celebrity cruise two weeks ago and it was terrible. There is building work going on at the hotel and they were drilling at 7am. The beds were very uncomfortable and there was a very peculiar smell throughout the hotel. My advice is choose somewhere else!

How lovely for you Belfastman. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Shame it couldn't have been held in Belfast though!

We are so fortunate to have been invited to Pursuit's Christening in Southampton in August and the mini cruise afterwards. So looking forward to it!

If you are staying in a hotel in Southampton pre or post your event then don't pick the Premier Inn at Westquay. We stayed there for a night pre Celebrity cruise two weeks ago and it was terrible. There is building work going on at the hotel and they were drilling at 7am. The beds were very uncomfortable and there was a very peculiar smell throughout the hotel. My advice is choose somewhere else!

You never know what might happen in Belfast!!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

I know you really wanted to come Robin, but sadly it didn't fit in with your cruising plans.

However please don't begrudge the UK this exciting event! We don't get many of them and Pursuit is going to be very popular with us Brits I think, so it's so lovely for us that the Christening is in Southampton. I hope Azamara do a video link for people everywhere to watch the ceremony. I don't think they had Christenings for Quest or Journey did they?

Wonder when Pursuit's Godmother will be revealed?

I notice you have called this thread Le Club Voyage visit......is there a link between being invited to this event and being a LCV member?

I also would like to know the answer to this question as I didn't get an invite (but I'm only at the "Discoverer" level - maybe invites only went to those who are at a higher level?).

I also would like to know the answer to this question as I didn't get an invite (but I'm only at the "Discoverer" level - maybe invites only went to those who are at a higher level?).

It's a five hour ship visit on turnaround day. That's it. I guess they thought people in the US might not want to travel so far just for that. When the ships were reimagined a couple of years ago they did a similar event. Being from the UK I was only able to attend because I happened to be on the ship in the US at the time.

Phil

Well I live 60 miles from Southampton and am Discover + so???

It doesn’t matter who Azamara or anyone else for that matter invites to an event, someone who thinks they should have doesn’t make the cut! Ever tried trying to work with a fixed number of wedding guests and tried to draw that line. As Phil said lots of photos will be out from well before then with the first cruise being on August 1st

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I notice you have called this thread Le Club Voyage visit......is there a link between being invited to this event and being a LCV member?
The tickets supplied are titled Le Club Voyage ship visit. Therefore I assumed it was for LCV members.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

We’re Discoverer Plus as well but didn’t get an invite, would have been convenient as we will be in Southampton that day disembarking Azamara Pursuit.

Oh that might be the reason [emoji56] promise we won’t break anything!

We wouldn’t have gone anyway, it’s far too far for us to go for a few hours. I wasn’t in the least bit bothered, just interested in how they decided to invite. My guess is that invites went to those with the highest LCV status. As Uktog says there hopefully there will be plenty of photos.

I know you really wanted to come Robin, but sadly it didn't fit in with your cruising plans.

However please don't begrudge the UK this exciting event! We don't get many of them and Pursuit is going to be very popular with us Brits I think, so it's so lovely for us that the Christening is in Southampton. I hope Azamara do a video link for people everywhere to watch the ceremony. I don't think they had Christenings for Quest or Journey did they?

Wonder when Pursuit's Godmother will be revealed?

Lottie

I am not upset at all anymore. At the time of the invite I was in Mia, FL and thought I could just leave a cruise-go to event and fly back. ship allowed it was the awful connection that would not work . I could of cancel my first cruise and flown to Denmark like Phil is.

I want you all to party on. I was not sailing AZ when the two ships started but was Celebrity.

Maybe since I ma on JR a magic moment will happen and there will be a link. I will be in port somewhere. i will enjoy pictures at least. it was just something new to do in my life.

As far as the one day visit not sure how the invites were given out. i know I did not get one. But I would think more from the UK as many can get a train there for the day. it would not be something I would rush too even living there.

we’re discoverer plus as well but didn’t get an invite, would have been convenient as we will be in southampton that day disembarking azamara pursuit.

Sent from my ipad using forums

:'):')

I've shared this thread with our UK office. Richard Twynam asked me to let you know we are working through the logistics of doing an LCV event on the Pursuit in Belfast but it is very complex, with many moving parts. This will be for our Irish and Northern Irish LCV members. We hope to confirm soon! :ship:

I've shared this thread with our UK office. Richard Twynam asked me to let you know we are working through the logistics of doing an LCV event on the Pursuit in Belfast but it is very complex, with many moving parts. This will be for our Irish and Northern Irish LCV members. We hope to confirm soon! :ship:

Thank you Bonnie, looking forward to it already.

We had a great visit to Quest in Belfast 2 years ago, immediately after her last refit.

We’re Discoverer Plus as well but didn’t get an invite, would have been convenient as we will be in Southampton that day disembarking Azamara Pursuit.

We are also Discoverer Plus and did not receive invitations to either the August 13th visit or the August 28th christening, although we on the Pursuit for its trip to Ireland (including Belfast), Iceland, and Scotland departing Southampton on the 13th and returning on the 28th. Talked to LCV today and person I spoke with was not aware of these events. Good thing I found this thread!

Dianne and Glenn

Yes.... I am afraid I had also asked Azamara when our cruise friends began to receive invites..... and was only looking for some transparency. Alas, was fobbed off. ............ I was told in the response that it was only for press and media. Not true and upsetting for loyal Azamara LCV members.

Is this your original question you’re referencing?

I don’t know the invitation criteria for these events. But if I were speculating I’d say there will be a good number of LCV members, and a smattering of well-qualified potential AZ cruisers.