Labadee food

There’s one past the straw markets at Columbus Cove. Is that one you were counting?

Dragons Rock as you first walk in, Labadee Cafe just past the Town Center tram drop off. Have always been unworthy of the Columbus cove BBQ and the BBQ Filet Mignon they serve to the upper crust.

You may want to check the definition for the NOUN maintenance. I see nothing wrong with the post by Merion_Mom.

Oh, Marc may say anything he likes about me! :D

(and he was really poking at RC's IT department, not me ;) )

Food on Labadee is a nice large barbecue. Has grilled burgers, dogs, fish , chicken and many other barbecue favorite salads and sides. Really a nice day- We really look foward to this day. If you are in a suite, barefoot beach has a more elaborate barbecue for suite guests. Surely more than enough for most people to enjoy. Much nicer then the ships typically buffet. Shopping at the craft market also interesting. The island has many activities for children and adults.

We also enjoy a cabana. If you can swing it- book one. The beach is beautiful and the food is good. If you have a drink package, you can use it on labadee. Enjoy the day- a great beach day if the weather cooperates.

Noooooooooooo. :o ;p

Oh, Marc may say anything he likes about me! :D

:hearteyes:

(and he was really poking at RC's IT department, not me ;) )
I'm glad my attempt at humor was not completely lost. :D

Perfectly acceptable, but why do we have to know where you eat?

Why do we need to know half of the stuff that we talk about around here? The info is put out there. If it is of no value to you just let it go.

Why do we need to know half of the stuff that we talk about around here?

I would guess it's the all about me crowd, posting with drama

Or they wanted to eat at JR's

Edited by setsail

The day on Labadee is great- the beach is beautiful and as one person said- if you can afford a cabana- even better! you can use your drink package and enjoy labadoozzies- etc. Great excercise also!

People are so fixated on food- no wonder many of us have serious weight issues. I am sure some will have a problem with my comment- but it is true! The day is fun- big deal one meal isn't perfect!

Thank you for all the responses! It looks like an amazing place to hang out.

I mainly was curious if the food was complimentary or not, just to be prepared. Since I haven’t sailed with RCL before. I’m not super picky as far as food goes, so I’m sure it will be fine.

Add me to the list of passengers that has seen a marked improvement in the Labadee barbecue. We ate at Columbus Cove on our last visit. It was as good as Barefoot Beach. If we weren't at Barefoot in past years, we headed back to the ship for lunch.

While the food on Labadee may be just basic fare and certainly not going to be one of the outstanding meals on our cruise, there is no way I am going back to the ship to eat. Takes up too much time. Have not been all that impressed with Windjammer so no big draw to go there.

The day on Labadee is great- the beach is beautiful and as one person said- if you can afford a cabana- even better! you can use your drink package and enjoy labadoozzies- etc. Great excercise also!

People are so fixated on food- no wonder many of us have serious weight issues. I am sure some will have a problem with my comment- but it is true! The day is fun- big deal one meal isn't perfect!

I SOOOOOO agree with you! Love Labadee, last thing I worry about is the food! I certainly don't waste time going ALL the way back to the ship! We are one of the first off, go stake out our place at Nellie's beach. Hubby lays in the shade, I soak up the sun. We go to the buffet for lunch on the beach. Hubby loves the ribs. I may/may not eat depending on what I feel like. I may have a piece of chicken and some fruit. I walk the beach, we have the bev pkgs so enjoy the drinks and don't go back to the ship until they throw us off the island. A perfect beach day.

Maybe it’s true for you, that you are/would be overweight because of that, but be careful to judge others from your point of view. I rather not eat food I dont like on my cruise, that’s not the same as I will go back to the ship to empty Windjammer. Someothers, as my daughter, didn’t find much more than corn and sallad to eat at labadee (she is a vegetarian) and she cant skip meals due to other health problems. Other have special diet and so on. And some of us just like nice food, presented in a nice way. We are all different, and I think the world would be a better place if we didn’t judge eachother so much. For example, its hard for me to find interest in all the discussions about drink prices, beverage packages and so on, when I dont drink alcohol. But I wouldnt dream of posting that ”no wonder we have so many alcoholics when you are all so fixated with the alcohol, and thats the true”

Whats true or not is not up to you to judge, and no, Im not upset, just wanted to share my thoughts.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Yes, but I don't waste my time on pre-cooked burgers or hot dogs, instead I go to the ship for lunch.

Are you allowed to go back to the ship for lunch and then return again to Labadee for the remainder of the afternoon??

Edited by Damaniadc
typo

Just a fair warning- we were on Oasis a couple weeks ago and the buffet at Labadee was a nightmare. The lines were easily 30 minutes long at both main locations starting before it opened until about 1PM. It was a mess and there were a lot of flies.

I would either bring a snack from the ship or wait until you get back onboard. I think the bbq stations are just too overloaded with ships that large.

Was on Freedom once, lines were long and it was hot. I suggested we go back to ship and do the Jammer. She wanted ribs, I said no worries they have the same food.

They didn't. [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Labadee BBQ lunch is typical picnic food. Dang does every meal people get have to be a gourmet offering. To prepare all that food and bring it off the ship is a huge undertaking. There is only so much you can do with pre formed hamburgers and hot dogs. Put your favorite condiments on them, make a salad with salad dressing and keep it stepping it’s just to provide a little something to eat on your beach day for God’s sake. Man I glad I grew up eating all types of food including C-rations and MRE’s in the military and not so dag gon picky!

Labadee BBQ lunch is typical picnic food. Dang does every meal people get have to be a gourmet offering. To prepare all that food and bring it off the ship is a huge undertaking. There is only so much you can do with pre formed hamburgers and hot dogs. Put your favorite condiments on them, make a salad with salad dressing and keep it stepping it’s just to provide a little something to eat on your beach day for God’s sake. Man I glad I grew up eating all types of food including C-rations and MRE’s in the military and not so dag gon picky!

I find it more interesting that people find the Labadee food perfectly fine but complain about the food back on the ship. Imagine the post we would have here if someone found a fly on the food in the Windjammer.

I'd suggest you have a look and see if you want to try Labadee lunch and you can always change your mind. Based on our lunch experiences at Coco Cay (huge lines, hard to find seating, SEAGULLS!), we never tried the lunch at Labadee. Since the ship is docked at Labadee, you can come and go as you please and there are no crowds for anything on the ship.

I'd suggest you have a look and see if you want to try Labadee lunch and you can always change your mind. Based on our lunch experiences at Coco Cay (huge lines, hard to find seating, SEAGULLS!), we never tried the lunch at Labadee. Since the ship is docked at Labadee, you can come and go as you please and there are no crowds for anything on the ship.
Lots of chickens as well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk