Why are inside cabins showing as sold out completely for a cruise 6 months away?

Itchy&Scratchy

The inside cabins for 3 people have been "sold out" on Royal Princess (Thanksgiving cruise 2018) for months now. What gives?

P.S. This is on Princess website. I buy directly from Princess.

They are not Sold Out . Only Sold Out for the current Sale rates . You can book them at the higher rate . A TA could have answered that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

depending on the inside cabin category you want to book, i noticed on this class of ships they is only a limited amount of cabins. I noticed the same thing on my Regal cruise in october too.

Along with the above answers:

If the cruise is being sold as segments, i.e. two 7 days or a 14 day...some cabins will be reserved for one or the other. You can try booking both ways and see if anything opens up.

Also, the sections of the ship where the 3 person cabins are located may be at passenger capacity for the lifeboats.

I see others have told you that the inside cabins are not sold out but I'm booked on two cruises, one of which has the inside and oceanview cabins are completely sold out and there if very little capacity in the balcony and mini-suites. The other has every single cabin sold out and has been for several months ago ... so, it does happen. I bet the cruise line loves it when this happens!

I’m looking at a cruise in 2019 that’s being sold in segments. The segment I am thinking of booking is showing insides as sold out and unavailable. My TA has group rates for inside cabins available.

This is when having a good TA can make a difference. Not only can I book a cabin that’s showing as sold out but I’ll be saving at least 10% over booking directly with Princess. I’m all for saving money.

I’m looking at a cruise in 2019 that’s being sold in segments. The segment I am thinking of booking is showing insides as sold out and unavailable. My TA has group rates for inside cabins available.

This is when having a good TA can make a difference. Not only can I book a cabin that’s showing as sold out but I’ll be saving at least 10% over booking directly with Princess. I’m all for saving money.

You do not even need a "good TA." Simply shop around among many reputable high volume cruise agencies and you will save 7-10% and more...and get access to inventory that does not always show on a cruise line's own web site. But telling folks this kind of info seems to be like howling at the moon. Many cruisers just do not listen or perhaps do not want to hear it! They are fixed in their ways and could care less if they pay a lot more for every booking. Go figure.

Hank

You do not even need a "good TA." Simply shop around among many reputable high volume cruise agencies and you will save 7-10% and more...and get access to inventory that does not always show on a cruise line's own web site. But telling folks this kind of info seems to be like howling at the moon. Many cruisers just do not listen or perhaps do not want to hear it! They are fixed in their ways and could care less if they pay a lot more for every booking. Go figure.

Hank

I care to save money but the three times I booked with a cruise agency, I did not save money on the two and the third I never heard from them so had to transfer.

I so wish cruisers with a great TA could share. Maybe others have encountered my frustration.

I care to save money but the three times I booked with a cruise agency, I did not save money on the two and the third I never heard from them so had to transfer.

I so wish cruisers with a great TA could share. Maybe others have encountered my frustration.

You can ask people on your next cruise for recommendations, especially at a meet-and-greet function.

depending on the inside cabin category you want to book, i noticed on this class of ships they is only a limited amount of cabins. I noticed the same thing on my Regal cruise in october too.

I agree. There is a limited number of inside cabins (about 54 on the Royal) which can have more than 2 people. These may easily be booked this far in advance for a holiday cruise.

I’ve shopped some TA’s and they give me the same price as princess but with perks. I wish I knew which ones discount. Maybe I need to look again it has been awhile. Are those $750 coupon books worth anything?

Go to a website where "cruise compete" for your business.

They are not Sold Out . Only Sold Out for the current Sale rates . You can book them at the higher rate . A TA could have answered that.

When I click on the 3 person button, ALL of the Inside cabins are showing as sold out. There are NONE available. Not at a lower rate, not at a higher rate.

It's been like this for months - through several Sales deals - and I check every day. Sometimes I check a couple of times a day.

34638485_1795474497178062_5729007106053373952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e179e41863051afdf4a98d36d87ad926&oe=5BADC9C4

Since it's over Thanksgiving, the sailing is probably capacity controlled.

We always go on either Regal or Royal on Thanksgiving, and I usually buy around July-September time frame. Never had a problem until now.

You do not even need a "good TA." Simply shop around among many reputable high volume cruise agencies and you will save 7-10% and more

Hank

I tried that last year. First, there was no telling if the TA is reputable, and CC members are not allowed to discuss it. Second, all the prices offered by TAs on a large consolidation website (actually provided by some CC member) were actually higher or the same as Princess direct. Plus, Princess already has all of our information, and it's a PITA to reenter that stuff all the time.

When I click on the 3 person button, ALL of the Inside cabins are showing as sold out. There are NONE available. Not at a lower rate, not at a higher rate.

It's been like this for months - through several Sales deals - and I check every day. Sometimes I check a couple of times a day.

34638485_1795474497178062_5729007106053373952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e179e41863051afdf4a98d36d87ad926&oe=5BADC9C4

There were insides available yesterday on the TA booking site , gone today?

They can be waitlisted for Rate Code KRA (Princess Saver Fare) which may free them up from the longer voyages inventory.

Worth a shot ?

You must remember that high volume Travel/Cruise Ship sites more than likely have cabins dedicated to them for sale so they will show as being booked. As the time for final payment approaches, those sites will release those cabins.

The Royal Princess cruise I am booked for, through a Travel Web site but through a dedicated agent, has a final payment date at least two weeks before Princess' final payment date. I am betting the travel web site will release the cabins dedicated to them after there own deadline passes.

Ramona