Crown Princess - embarkation in Barcelona

lithlith

Which cruise terminal letter does the Crown Princess typically sail out of in Barcelona? We see there there are several terminals, some that seem as though they might be in walking distance and others that are not.

If we take a taxi from our hotel to the port, will they drop us off at the port entrance or at our specific terminal for the Crown Princess?

We also need on a map that there are blue bus terminals, is that something we will need to get on to get to the ship?

Thanks!

Generally there are port shuttles from the ship to the port entrance. These are especially useful for people for whom this is a port day, not embarkation or disembarkation. If you are already in a cab from your hotel you will be able to continue right to your ship.

The port of Barcelona is very big... just tell your taxi which cruise ship you are on, they will take directly to the ship, we have gone in and out of Barcelona many times... besides that the ship is so big you can't miss it. Have a great time.

Anybody know where to get the HOHO from the dock area?
You will have to exit the port to board the HOHO. Tom’s Port Guides has

an excellent set of instructions with photos of exactly where to go and where to pick up the HOHO. Be advised there are 2 HOHO companies operating in Barcelona, so you may want to review their websites to decide if one appeals to you more than the other.

https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/barcelona-07-22-2011.pdf

Great thing about Barcelona is there is a duty free shop after security,so you can take on as much liquor and wine on board as you wish.

wait...what? - how do you get that past ship security when boarding?...:confused:

How about boarding times in Barcelona? My Princess boarding pass says 1pm to 7:30pm. Any chance that we'll be able to get onboard before 1pm? I don't want to waste my time standing around the port if I can't board, but I will show up earlier if they'll let us on earlier like they do at the US ports.

How about boarding times in Barcelona? My Princess boarding pass says 1pm to 7:30pm. Any chance that we'll be able to get onboard before 1pm? I don't want to waste my time standing around the port if I can't board, but I will show up earlier if they'll let us on earlier like they do at the US ports.

We turned up around 10:45am for our cruise last year, went straight through check in and up to the Platinum/Elite waiting area which had complimentary drinks and snacks, and restrooms within that area. Boarding started around 11:30am. We were in the first Platinum boarding group with only one Elite group boarding before us. Very quick and efficient.

Works just like in the USA. You should be able to board around noon.

Anybody know where to get the HOHO from the dock area?

As you'll need to get a taxi to the nearest point from the port (it's not far but probably too far to walk) I would catch the taxi to the top of La Ramblas which is Plaza Catalunya which is a major point for the HOHO buses. There you'll be able to take which of the three routes you want to do. If you get on the HOHO bus at the nearest stop near the port you'll be halfway through a route and either have to go back to that point to see the entire route and then not be able to transfer to the buses doing the other routes as they don't go there. All routes go through Plaza Catalunya. If there are shuttles from the port to the port entry I would just then walk up La Ramblas from the Columbus monument to Plaza Catalunya. Doesn't take that long if you walk straight up but there are plenty of distractions if you want them.

Our taxi driver from the Hilton Barcelona didn't speak much English (and I don't speak any Spanish), having a written destination was helpful for him to have a better idea where we were trying to go. Just a small point to consider.