Is Concierge class worth the extra?

janeo

So we are thinking about booking on the Reflection in October, have mostly cruised with Holland America. Just wondering if it's worth paying the extra $100 or so for Concierge class cabin, would be on deck 9 or 10, stern

That would be about my limit. I like the cabin locations so that's a factor. Also footrests on the balcony and expanded breakfast menu.

But, I wouldn't spend much more as the wine, canapes and embarkation lunch isn't that big of a deal (to us)

We've never been in a regular cabin on Celebrity. It's been either Aqua or Concierge but only because the prices were so close to a regular veranda that it was worth it.

enjoy

Another factor is if you are hoping to sail on Celebrity more in the future and wish to get to a higher level in the Captains Club faster. You earn more points in a Concierge Cabin than a regular one.

We have also never been in a regular cabin on Celebrity and to us the perks are worth the extra.

Reflection is my favorite ship! You will have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You also get an invite to something cool. We were invited to the heliport for our arrival into Barcelona.

But that is in no way guaranteed. We've been in Concierge, many, many times and such invites are rare.

On the "S" Class ships we do not think Concierge is worth even $100. On our last cruise we did get an upgrade to Concierge which was primarily because we are Elite Plus. The extra points for Concierge have no meaning to us. We enjoyed the Concierge Lunch on embarkation day (this is also open to those who are between back to back cruises) and think this was the best perk. We used to love going to the Cafe on 5 for our first lunch, but now that Celebrity took that away....we like having another alternative to the buffet.

Hank

We enjoyed the Concierge lunch the first day. We spent a lot of time on our balcony, so we made great use of the foot rests. We ordered room service every morning, so we loved the expanded room service menu. Our room was in a great location because it was a Concierge room. These things were worth the extra money in our opinion.

The canopies, the wine, and the other incidentals we could take or leave.

I guess it just depends on the price. I probably wouldn't spend more than $50 each on this class.

So we are thinking about booking on the Reflection in October, have mostly cruised with Holland America. Just wondering if it's worth paying the extra $100 or so for Concierge class cabin, would be on deck 9 or 10, stern

No it's aqua or regular.

Yes on the M Class because the cabins are larger on Concierge. No on the S Class since the cabins are the same. Yes on both if you need points.

Agree with the above, or if the CC are less than regular balcony pricing.

Yes on the M Class because the cabins are larger on Concierge. No on the S Class since the cabins are the same. Yes on both if you need points.

My thoughts exactly. I would pay extra on M class to have the bigger balcony but have sailed several times in Concierge on S class and said last time it's just not worth the extra as the aft balconies are no bigger and are very exposed. We always travel with a drinks package so we rarely open the free bottle of cava, the canapes are just more food and our next cruise will take us to Elite Plus so the extra points will have no real value for us in future as we'll never make it to Zenith.

On S class I would go for the 1A cabins on the hump as we like a bigger balcony.

However, if you do decide to go for an aft cabin on S class there is a column of cabins which is no deeper but slightly wider.

Not worth it to us unless it is a free upgrade or extremely cheap. All I liked was the footstool on the balcony and the extra points. The canapes were awful, we finally just told the steward to forget them.

And, really, all balconies should have chairs with a footrest or a lounger anyway!

We book CC only when:

1) Sometimes when booking on-board they will give you an additional perk if you book concierge or above so if the price difference is less than $150pp, it's a deal

2) We are on an M-class ship because CC/aqua cabins have about 20 sq ft more space

3) The cost is the same or less than a 1A cabin on an S-class which is our normal choice these days

Note: (we are already elite + and will never make it to Zenith so points don't matter)

My DW likes avoiding the crowds on embarkation going to the lunch instead of the buffet. I think it's worth zero since we are always early enough to find a place to hang out and there are other places to eat.

Thanks for all info. Turns out the concierge class cabin is actually cheaper than regular balcony so we'll go for it. As I mentioned, this will be our first time on Celebrity, wondering if there are major differences from Holland America?

I like the location on the ship. The last C3 rooms we got through a large outlet rather than booking the rooms we like in C2 were ok. The bubbly we ask steward to replace it with red wine. Never eat canapés but find the room attendants much better in CC class then in regular room.

I like the location on the ship. The last C3 rooms we got through a large outlet rather than booking the rooms we like in C2 were ok. The bubbly we ask steward to replace it with red wine. Never eat canapés but find the room attendants much better in CC class then in regular room.

Perhaps we are just out of touch, but having spent far more than 1000 days on cruise ships we have seldom had an issue with any cabin steward/stewardess. We simply tell them (the first day) what we expect and we always get it! On X we have only had excellent cabin attendants and have noticed no difference whether we are in a regular cabin, Concierge or Balcony. They all seem to do their job and do it well.

Over the past 3 years we have noticed that the Aqua/Concierge canapes have deteriorated to a point where you might get a stick of celery filled with creme cheese. The days where we would return to our cabin to find a plate of chocolate covered strawberries are now rare. I find it hard to get excited about olives;. And in Aqua they no longer give unlimited bottles of cheap Celebrity water...go figure. Aqua actually means water but now in Aqua Class it means only 2 free small bottles of Agua. Come on LLP....how cheap can you get?

Hank

Thanks for all info. Turns out the concierge class cabin is actually cheaper than regular balcony so we'll go for it. As I mentioned, this will be our first time on Celebrity, wondering if there are major differences from Holland America?

I've been on HAL and Royal Caribbean, in my opinion, the staff and food on Celebrity were far better. My Celebrity cruise Sept. 2017 was on the Solstice. Their staff are top notch, professional yet very friendly, helpful and personable. It sounds corny, but I felt I was treated like royalty. Concierge was the icing on the cake; I personally felt it well worth the extra cost. (You may get an offer for a very low cost, or free, upgrade; mine was pay $50 more for AquaClass...Blu is amazing I hear, but I was set on where I was.) The concierge aft cabin I chose had one of the wider balconies; I spent a lot of time out there. Preferred embark, and disembark were both awesome - super quick, and a nice surprise, our disembark waiting area was in Silk Harvest, with continental breakfast. The lunch in MDR for concierge on embarkation day was delicious, nice to sit down and relax, and avoid the buffet crowd. About the canapes, not my fave, so I asked for kiwi instead, and it was in my room every afternoon. So, don't hesitate to confer with your steward as to options. I chose select dining, never made a reservation, and had little to no wait. I was always given the option to dine alone or with other passengers (met terrific people when chose company!) and was always seated at a window (maybe easier because I was solo?). It was a vacation to remember. I hope you enjoy your Celebrity cruise!

Edited by aVacation4me

About the canapes, not my fave, so I asked for kiwi instead, and it was in my room every afternoon. So, don't hesitate to confer with your steward as to options.

And don’t always bank on that. We’ve asked a couple of times for cheese and biscuits instead of the canapés and have been told no.

And don’t always bank on that. We’ve asked a couple of times for cheese and biscuits instead of the canapés and have been told no.

I'm sorry to hear that...perhaps it depends on your room steward?

Mine was the best. Kiwi automatically, suite class shampoo (loved it) when I mentioned I hated the herb fragrance (smell, to me) of provided concierge brand, nicer tote, and of course a sparkling clean cabin. When we met 1st day I told him I was low maintenance, very tidy; give me fresh towels every day, no ice, no towel animals, no mints on pillow, and gave him the sparkling wine.

We will only do a Concierge cabin if the price is close to our regular veranda. However, it also depends on the location of the cabin...many Concierge cabins are in the forward or aft areas of the ships...we prefer to be mid-ship.

We are Elite+ and the loyalty points Celebrity gives out make no sense to us...3 points for a regular veranda which jumps to 5 for either a Concierge or Aqua. Aqua clearly has a significant benefit, namely eating in Blu, but Concierge class really has little positive to offer.