Options when not wanting the mini bar for elite perk

kywildcatfanone

Hi, we are elite and usually exchange the mini bar for the 2 coffee cards. Sounds like with the cards now having expiration dates, and some folks saying they are only giving one card instead of two, perhaps I need to look at other options for replacing that perk.

Is the only other option to get non alcoholic drinks, and if so, does anyone know the options, as in how many non alcoholic drinks can you get, and what variety? We usually stop and get a case of Coke zero and water for the fridge, but maybe I don't need to buy any if you get enough from replacing the mini bar.

People will be reporting back with actual experiences, but per Princess FB, there are no more coffee cards at all being issued. There is the "coffee package" which dies at the end of the cruise, and the exchange is 2 packages for the mini-bar. What it means is that you will lose any leftover punches--can't save them for the next cruise.

As to swapping for coke or whatever, it is a one for one swap...so you will trade your alcohol which Princess values at $6 for the little bottle for a can of coke that they value at $2. The concept of "worth it" is always personal. I have a hard time with a value of $2 for a can when I can buy a 12 pack for under $4 at the grocery, but the trade would save the effort of purchasing that 12 pack. You have 18 items in the mini-bar, so you'd be trading for 18 cans of soda, which can be any variety they stock on board and can be mixed (example--you can get some Sprite and some Diet Coke).

Is the only other option to get non alcoholic drinks, and if so, does anyone know the options, as in how many non alcoholic drinks can you get, and what variety? We usually stop and get a case of Coke zero and water for the fridge, but maybe I don't need to buy any if you get enough from replacing the mini bar.
You can exchange the liquor and beer 1:1 for sodas so you could end up with as many as 20 cans of Diet Coke, not Coke Zero, if you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People will be reporting back with actual experiences' date=' but per Princess FB, there are no more coffee cards at all being issued. There is the "coffee package" which dies at the end of the cruise, and the exchange is 2 packages for the mini-bar. What it means is that you will lose any leftover punches--can't save them for the next cruise.

As to swapping for coke or whatever, it is a one for one swap...so you will trade your alcohol which Princess values at $6 for the little bottle for a can of coke that they value at $2. The concept of "worth it" is always personal. I have a hard time with a value of $2 for a can when I can buy a 12 pack for under $4 at the grocery, but the trade would save the effort of purchasing that 12 pack. You have 18 items in the mini-bar, so you'd be trading for 18 cans of soda, which can be any variety they stock on board and can be mixed (example--you can get some Sprite and some Diet Coke).[/quote']

I hate to give me something that had probably $20 in value for something with $10, but I guess the options are limited.

Hi, we are elite and usually exchange the mini bar for the 2 coffee cards. Sounds like with the cards now having expiration dates, and some folks saying they are only giving one card instead of two, perhaps I need to look at other options for replacing that perk.

There is a recent posting that says you get two coffee packages if you trade in your mini bar. As time goes by I'm sure this will be clarified further.

You get eight 50ml bottles of spirits and two beers, total 10 alcoholic beverages. You can trade them for any non alcoholic beverages including, coke, diet coke, club soda, tonic, some other flavored sodas like sprite, Perrier water, regular water. The mini bar also has 6 cans of soda, two Perrier, two plain water. These can also be exchanged.

You can also get a bottle of wine.

I have traded out the mini bar alcohol (on many cruises) for Buckler's non-alcoholic beer, however, last cruise in May they told me no more trade's for Buckler's. They only will trade Booze for Booze or Coffee Card's.... too bad I quit drinking alcohol

I have traded out the mini bar alcohol (on many cruises) for Buckler's non-alcoholic beer, however, last cruise in May they told me no more trade's for Buckler's. They only will trade Booze for Booze or Coffee Card's.... too bad I quit drinking alcohol

Didn't let you trade for non alcoholic drinks?

This is still current but a Princess website update last year removed these details from the minibar FAQs resulting in only a vague statement about exchanging but not the options.

Here you go, all your questions answered - what's included, what you can swap for, etc...

Call Room Service to make any swaps:

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

I look at the mini-bar set-up or exchange as a perk; something I didn’t have to pay for. I don’t care if I get the “whole value” or not. I don’t always use all of my Internet minutes, send out laundry 2x/day, etc. so the perceived value is subjective.

Reading one of the coffee threads, if you trade it for the new "Coffee Package", do you get two or only one? That's a perk removal as well if only one. And does anyone know what the coffee package looks like, is it a sticker on your card like the drink packages?

Reading one of the coffee threads, if you trade it for the new "Coffee Package", do you get two or only one? That's a perk removal as well if only one. And does anyone know what the coffee package looks like, is it a sticker on your card like the drink packages?

They are saying 2.

I look at the mini-bar set-up or exchange as a perk; something I didn’t have to pay for. I don’t care if I get the “whole value” or not. I don’t always use all of my Internet minutes, send out laundry 2x/day, etc. so the perceived value is subjective.
I agree. I don't mind exchanging something I won't use for something I will use. It's still an Elite perk.

Based on posts it is attached to our cruise card account & from Princess it’s 2 coffee packages for a minibar exchange.

How they’ll handle the number of included specialty coffee drinks based on cruise length is unknown. Their coffee package T&Cs state how many will be determined by the length of cruise. However that has not happened with my future cruises because both 14 & 7 day cruises show the same 15 drink program for both of them.

Based on posts it is attached to our cruise card account & from Princess it’s 2 coffee packages for a minibar exchange.

How they’ll handle the number of included specialty coffee drinks based on cruise length is unknown. Their coffee package T&Cs state how many will be determined by the length of cruise. However that has not happened with my future cruises because both 14 & 7 day cruises show the same 15 drink program for both of them.

Sorry, but does that mean they swipe your card to "use a punch" or would they put a different sticker like they do for the unlimited drink package?

Sorry, but does that mean they swipe your card to "use a punch" or would they put a different sticker like they do for the unlimited drink package?

They’ll swipe your card & deduct the number of specialty coffee drinks you order...no sticker.

Totally agree...

OP, I would suggest calling room service the next time you sail and ask them what your options are.

A few months ago, I called room service and asked my options and was told one was..... any bottle of wine up to a 40 dollar value and I could pay the difference if I wanted a more expensive bottle. Which was very different from what I had read here on the boards.

Also the minis can make nice stocking stuffers....and don't weight to much to carry home...