Premier Beverage Package on Princess

westcliffo

Hi:

As part of a promotion Princess is offering a free Premier Beverage Package. I realize that we would not be able to select top of the line wine at dinner but can anyone tell me if they were happy with the wine choices?

Thank you.

Almost all alcoholic drinks are covered under the package. If the ship has the Whiskey Adventure in one bar then the high-end liquor isn't included but most ships don't have that anyway. There are maybe 5 wines that aren't included. We have been quite happy with the selections at Vines. MDR - not so much.

the Silverado Cab in Vines is at the top of the PBP price list at $ 12

works for me...

almost always take a to-go in a sippy cup on the nights we do eat in the mdr as it doesn't seem to be available there

Where do you see this offer? We just booked a Feb 2019 cruise and was not offered this.

Hi:

As part of a promotion Princess is offering a free Premier Beverage Package. I realize that we would not be able to select top of the line wine at dinner but can anyone tell me if they were happy with the wine choices?

Thank you.

Where do you see this offer? We just booked a Feb 2019 cruise and was not offered this.

The included PBP promo is usually called "Sip and Sail" and is usually offered from late June through the summer. It only applies to the 1st 2 guests, must be booked in a cabin class of balcony or better, cruise must be more than 5 days in length and it is for cruises a year out. So for this summers sale it will be for Summer of 2019 through Spring of 2020 - if they keep it like it has been in the past. I have the promo on a 20 day cruise this fall which I booked last summer. I am waiting for it to come up again later this month so I can change my October 2019 cruise to this promo (on a long cruise the added price with the promo is usually much better than paying $1,000 or more for the PBP.

The included PBP promo is usually called "Sip and Sail" and is usually offered from late June through the summer. It only applies to the 1st 2 guests, must be booked in a cabin class of balcony or better, cruise must be more than 5 days in length and it is for cruises a year out. So for this summers sale it will be for Summer of 2019 through Spring of 2020 - if they keep it like it has been in the past. I have the promo on a 20 day cruise this fall which I booked last summer. I am waiting for it to come up again later this month so I can change my October 2019 cruise to this promo (on a long cruise the added price with the promo is usually much better than paying $1,000 or more for the PBP.

Sometimes it just isn't worth it. We have a 12 day cruise late next year that should be included under the Sip and Sail but, since April 27 - which is when we booked - the cabin has gone up and up in price. It is currently $700 per person more than we paid. It's mind boggling. The cruise was spendy when we booked it but now it's crazy. We are booked in the cheapest balcony cabin - L240 - and they are currently asking $354 per person per night. I simply can't see having to re-fare to get the OBC from the Landmark sale or the beverage package from the Sip and Sail.

We weren't particularly fond of the wine choices we had on our last sailing, which is the only time we've gotten the PBP. We even tried to get a unique glass of wine at Vines and most of the ones we wanted to try were sold by the bottle only. Of the wines by the glass that we wanted to try, most were out of stock. It was rather disappointing.

For example, the Chardonnays they did have in stock were Clos Du Bois and Simi and the Simi was only in Vines. Both are middle of the road. While it wasn't horrible, it wasn't great either.

Another minor complaint is that you couldn't take the wine from Vines into the dining room in the glass they provided. They would have to dump it into a 'to go' glass and then when we got to the dining room, they were replace the 'to go' glass with a nice wine glass. That was a bit annoying ... not a deal breaker.

When it says for summer 2019 what month do they actually consider to be summer? April? May? June? Thanks.

We booked our Oz-Fiji cruise during the June 2017 S+S promo and got the beverage package with a departure date of April 12th 2018. If the cruise hadn't qualified I would have switched to the Sept 18 Oz-Fiji cruise on the Majestic instead.

We weren't particularly fond of the wine choices we had on our last sailing, which is the only time we've gotten the PBP. We even tried to get a unique glass of wine at Vines and most of the ones we wanted to try were sold by the bottle only. Of the wines by the glass that we wanted to try, most were out of stock. It was rather disappointing.

For example, the Chardonnays they did have in stock were Clos Du Bois and Simi and the Simi was only in Vines. Both are middle of the road. While it wasn't horrible, it wasn't great either.

Another minor complaint is that you couldn't take the wine from Vines into the dining room in the glass they provided. They would have to dump it into a 'to go' glass and then when we got to the dining room, they were replace the 'to go' glass with a nice wine glass. That was a bit annoying ... not a deal breaker.

We would typically have a pre dinner glass of wine at Vines with the good glasses and then ask for another glass in "to go sippy cup" as we headed over to dinner. At times, if the meal service was slow, I would also dash out for a couple of refills as the wine options at Vines is far better than what's available by the glass in the MDR.

On the Royal TA last fall the wine inventory was very low. We (group of 6) started asking our waiters in the MDR to bring us wine from Vines (better selection and inventory). They did without an issue - probably since they too had commented on the lack of inventory. Frequently they would just bring an extra bottle since at least 5 of us were drinking.