MDR Table Assignment

DiverDown67

It has been awhile since we last cruised, but I thought you could let the cruise line (Carnival in this case) know that you prefer to dine alone rather than at a large table. It is our 15th wedding anniversary and we just would like to dine and enjoy each other. Is that still possible to get that set up in advance?

YOu may want to ask on the Carnival board, but generally if you see the Head Waiter on the first day in one of the mDr, you can make such a request or confirm it, make a point of stating it is your anniversary. If you are working with a travel agent ask the agent to make a request for you. Happy Anniversary.

Not true. You suggest this frequently and just as frequently are incorrect. You can be seated with others or ask to be seated alone.

Hi

On Carnival, I would say that if you have YTD, more likely than not, you will be seated alone unless you specifically ask to be seated with others. In that case you would probably have to wait for a table because most people that do YTD do not want to dine with "strangers".

If you like dining with others you are much better off selecting one of the set dining times. (at least this is what I have experienced on Carnival ships)

hope this helps

Waiting until your onboard will be to late.

Not necessarily true. If you make the request to the maitre d the day of embarkation, and they can accommodate, they will. With that said, if important enough to me, I'd make arrangements in advance w/the cruise line AND hit up the maitre d after boarding to make sure all is in order. I'd also take that in-person opportunity to try to improve the table location, if possible. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You need to select "any time dining " as your preferred time. That works just like a restaurant at home, and you are only seated with your own group. If you don't select that option you will likely be seated with a large group.

Not true. You suggest this frequently and just as frequently are incorrect. You can be seated with others or ask to be seated alone.

This is only partially true. IF you want you can be seated with others, but you never have to sit with others.

This is only partially true. IF you want you can be seated with others, but you never have to sit with others.

Read my post again (above). You and I are saying the same thing. I never said you have to be seated with others - but that you CAN be seated with others or ask to be seated alone.

This was in response to CB's typically incorrect post stating "sign up with Anytime dining, and you will certainly be seated alone."

Why not just specify your preference when you book the cruise? That's one of the basic items we note, along with bed configuration, etc.

If it were an option, as I believe it used to be, with a Carnival booking I would have. As it stands, we can only select early, late or your time. I prefer a set time because the staff learns to cater to your preferences. For example, a bottle of Perrier waiting or your adult beverage brought to you as sit down.

If it were an option, as I believe it used to be, with a Carnival booking I would have. As it stands, we can only select early, late or your time. I prefer a set time because the staff learns to cater to your preferences. For example, a bottle of Perrier waiting or your adult beverage brought to you as sit down.

If you prefer set-time dining, then visit the MDR when you board and see where your table is. If it is not a table for 2, then visit the Maitre d' and request one. They can often accommodate.