What clothes do you pack for an Eastern Caribbean

pls5286

We are cruising the Epic Dec 15-22 this year on an Eastern Caribbean cruise to Tortola, St. Thomas and GSC. What clothes would you pack. I am planning on packing shorts and swim suits but wondering if I also need to pack enough jeans and long sleeve t-shirts for every day too. Not sure how the weather will be.

Already planning on bringing a sweat jacket for cool nights.

No, you shouldn’t need jeans and long sleeves for every day. I’d probably take 1 pair of jeans and 1 long sleeve tee in case it’s chilly, but I’m from Florida, so anything below 75 is chilly to me. We did the western Caribbean in January and the only time we saw weather in the upper 60s/low 70s was in the Bahamas. The rest of the time was in the 80s.

Jeans and long sleeves are not "summer wear", IMO! Shorts, and tees or short-sleeved tops....it's SUMMER, year-round in the Caribbean.

GSC is NOT in the Caribbean...it's in the Atlantic, just like the Bahamas! It won't be freezing, but far-reaching cold-fronts CAN affect the weather. Google "Florida weather in Dec", and that's about what you'll get!

We are cruising the Epic Dec 15-22 this year on an Eastern Caribbean cruise to Tortola, St. Thomas and GSC. What clothes would you pack. I am planning on packing shorts and swim suits but wondering if I also need to pack enough jeans and long sleeve t-shirts for every day too. Not sure how the weather will be.

We travel relatively light so shorts, a couple of pair of long pants and about 1/2 dozen tops works for me. Yes, I would bring one pair or jeans and maybe a long sleeve top. What we usually do, if we are wondering about the weather is 1-check ahead of time for the predictions and wear something relatively warm onto the ship.

The same clothes I pack for anywhere I go. Jeans and tshirts.

i pack predominantly summer wear (being from new england the caribbean is always warm to us!) but we always pack one pair of jeans and a couple of long sleeves. i actually prefer long sleeves on teh ship as they crank the AC.

I agree with the folks who say have an outfit in case the A/C is too cold... but the Jeans will be for going home! Pack for bathing suits, shorts, sleeveless tops or T-shirts for the daytimes, and something to wear for dinner and show in the evenings.

You may want extra changes of clothes for port days in case shorts get dirty or you just want a fresh shirt. Don't forget sungleasses, a hat, umbrella, sunscreen of course, bug repellent for the beach.

Expect highs in the mid to upper 80's and lows in the low 70's. There is no need to pack anything warm for the cruise. It will be hot.