Current Cruise Director (CD) List

7 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I'm led to believe that it was Abe's decision to move to a shore side job as he and his wife were starting a family and they had a son last month.

That is correct. We were on his last sailing. He's moved over to the middle America market so he can be at home with the new baby and family.  I differ on the no great loss part though I found him engaging and entertaining.

1 minute ago, Taz1960 said:

That is correct. We were on his last sailing. He's moved over to the middle America market so he can be at home with the new baby and family.  I differ on the no great loss part though I found him engaging and entertaining.

I also loved Abe as CD. Friendly guy that genuinely wanted people to enjoy themselves and brought a fun energy/vibe to the ship. Also great at hosting.

Hi,

Was on Serenade of Seas last year. AM Alison Hasler was lovely, so approachable and sorted things out in a matter of minutes. DJ that we had on the ship had no personality whatsoever and never picked up when passengers cleared a dance floor in seconds when playing dire music. CD was Andrea, he was always visible and a showman. There was an activity that made me cringe which was one of the late night games with the key rings😲 if you have seen it, you will know what I mean.

How did passengers find Andrea?

14 minutes ago, counsdr said:

Does anyone have an updated list of Cruise Directors?

Specifically I’m looking to know who is on Adventure of the Seas this summer.

Scroll back.

• Like 1

Compiling this list made me think about CDs.  I know!:classic_rolleyes:  That got me thinking about my very first CD, on Sun Viking, who was also my second CD some 10 years later on the Sovereign.  Do any of you who have been cruising since at least 1984 remember an Aussie named Greg Maxwell?

15 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Compiling this list made me think about CDs.  I know!:classic_rolleyes:  That got me thinking about my very first CD, on Sun Viking, who was also my second CD some 10 years later on the Sovereign.  Do any of you who have been cruising since at least 1984 remember an Aussie named Greg Maxwell?

Gregory Maxwell from Australia, a name from the past.  Believe he left RCCL around 2001.  Remember meeting him during one of our early cruises.  He was a standout CD (especially liked his formal kilt).

Funny that you mention about his leaving.  When we had him again on our second cruise, 10 years after our first, he said that he had been away from the ships for awhile and that this was his first cruise back at sea.  I remember him as a nice big, bearded teddy bear.:classic_biggrin:

On 7/19/2019 at 12:00 PM, Taz1960 said:

Happy for Abe. We loved him on our Harmony cruise back when the ship first sailed from the US. He was our second favorite CD. Our first will always be Richard Spacey. I sure miss him.

16 hours ago, lovelife said:

Agree. No other will ever compare!

Obviously this is a "IMO" point. I (personally, and my opinion only) would rate my top CDs as:

Ken Rush

Marc Walker

Joff Eaton

Clo O'Connor

I haven't had Richard Spacey so can't comment. Did have Abe, and found him meh.

5 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

Obviously this is a "IMO" point. I (personally, and my opinion only) would rate my top CDs as:

Ken Rush

Marc Walker

Joff Eaton

Clo O'Connor

I haven't had Richard Spacey so can't comment. Did have Abe, and found him meh.

I had all of them you've mentioned in your list and Spacey would top them all. Go to Youtube and search for Richard Spacey doing his "Evolution of Dance" routine that he would perform on the last night of a cruise.

Edited by wolfcathorse

3 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

I had all of them you've mentioned in your list and Spacey would top them all. Go to Youtube and search for Richard Spacey doing his "Evolution of Dance" routine that he would perform on the last night of a cruise.

IMO my favorites are: 

Mike Swajkowski (sp)

Michele Scarpato

Richard Spacey

Clo O'Connor 

On 2/2/2019 at 10:43 AM, Scotty G said:

According to Mark he will be assigned to Harmony and will be bringing her to Port Canaveral in May. Don't know his vacation schedule after that. He is happy that he will see the family every weekend with this reassignment.

I hope it's Mark Walker. It scares us that he is listed on Mariner and Harmony. A few months ago we were ON Mariner and CD "Ricky " ruined the cruise with his crap...."Hey MAMMA!!!....Hey MAMMA!>>> one trick pony. We will NEVER cruise with Ricky again. 

Hello....It's 08/11/2019 and I am asking anyone out there to let us know if Mark is the cruise director for the 08/25/19 cruise on Harmony. If it's "Rickey"....I will stick my fingers down my throat and vomit so I can use my insurance and cancel this cruise. Had Rickey on the Mariner a couple of months ago and also on the Brilliance two years ago.....very poor....will not board a ship with him and his dancers.