My Time Dining - Just for one night?

I think I know the answer, but just want confirmation. We booked out reservations with Traditional Early dining so that our kids can be taken to the Adventure Ocean mid way through dinner. However, we have an excursion in Nassau (dock) from 1-5pm and aren't sure how easily we will be able to get back on ship and cleaned up before formal night at 6pm.

Even though we are booked under Traditional Early, is there an option to try for My Time Dining for the one night?

I think I know the answer, but just want confirmation. We booked out reservations with Traditional Early dining so that our kids can be taken to the Adventure Ocean mid way through dinner. However, we have an excursion in Nassau (dock) from 1-5pm and aren't sure how easily we will be able to get back on ship and cleaned up before formal night at 6pm.

Even though we are booked under Traditional Early, is there an option to try for My Time Dining for the one night?

no..

You could eat in WindJammer that evening as an option

Yes thats definitely an option, but this is our only formal night on the cruise.

Also, does anyone know how late you can show up to early dining? Like what time do they stop seating? If we got there at like 6:15 would we be ok? We would understand that the servers would need to rush to catch us up with our meal which would be fine.

Yes thats definitely an option, but this is our only formal night on the cruise.

Also, does anyone know how late you can show up to early dining? Like what time do they stop seating? If we got there at like 6:15 would we be ok? We would understand that the servers would need to rush to catch us up with our meal which would be fine.

It's rude to other guests and your wait staff to arrive late to your traditional dining time.

It's rude to other guests and your wait staff to arrive late to your traditional dining time.

I get that, and we wont be trying to arrive late. But if we dont make it right at 6:00, and its 6:03 surely that is ok?

You need to look at other dining options if you can’t make your regular dining time and unfortunately you cannot use MTD for 1 evening.

Thank you. That is what I assumed, however our really bad TA has advised the other person in our group that this could be an option.

I get that, and we wont be trying to arrive late. But if we dont make it right at 6:00, and its 6:03 surely that is ok?

Yes, that's okay; no one is that regimented.

However, I would not be later than 5-8 minutes; when people are 10-15 minutes late it's unfair to other diners, who may have a show to attend, or plans for the evening. The whole idea behind traditional dining is that everyone stays on schedule.

Perhaps plan to do a specialty restaurant or buffet that night.

Sure, 6:03 is fine.

Thank you. I understand etiquette and how its rude to be late to anything (arriving late to a show and walking past people to get to a seat). However, life also happens. I would just get frustrated if we miss out on dinner because its 6:05 and we walk away and then find out that at 6:30 they are still seating latecomers with no issue. I imagine like anything there is a small window of normal "lateness" that is considered not proper but understandable. I was trying to gauge what that window maybe was.

Just slow down, have a nice evening in the Jammer with panoramic views of Nassau. Why rush and be anxious over getting to dinner by 6:09 OR ELSE.

We are not frequent cruisers due to life and budgets. We are trying to make the absolute most out of this vacation and missing out on our one and only formal night to eat at a buffet doesn't sound ideal.

We are not frequent cruisers due to life and budgets. We are trying to make the absolute most out of this vacation and missing out on our one and only formal night to eat at a buffet doesn't sound ideal.

Quite honestly you may find they will still seat people who are half an hour late. It’s just part of the way society has changed and so many people who think rules don’t apply to them.

The staff bend over backwards perhaps at times too much so. They are so reluctant to upset any passenger.

It used to be that dining room doors were closed after 15 minutes so no latecomers. So much better for everyone, especially if first seating people are late it means a rush to get ready for second seating.

At most. If you plan to be a little late you could let your waiter and table mates know the day before that way they are not wondering if you are coming or not. Waiter may take their order but will most likely wait.

more than 5 minutes late throws their entire section off, not just your table. book a specialty of you don't want to eat in the WJ

I would try to be no more than 10 minutes late but I've seen it all in terms of arrival times of fellow diners.

I highly recommend WJ on that night. It's a lot more relaxing and you might like it better than MDR. I plan on several WJ nights on our next cruise.

Are you sure that is your formal night? While I'm not up on all of RCCL's itineraries, I find it odd that formal night would be on a day with a late port stop.

Yes, its a very short 3 night cruise and unfortunately our stop in Nassau that day is from noon - midnight. Our docs say formal night is night 2 and that is our Nassau day. Is there a better way to verify this?