loyalty

My wife and I have cruised on 6 lines .We are not at the top on any in loyalty points.
We've also cruised 6 lines. 20 cruises till we discovered Mariner in 2008. Only looked back once.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Exactly.
But why would I step foot on an NCL ship if I know I'm going to hate it. We've given them 3 chances. Just not our style.

Anyway, Royal has sufficient coverage to meet our travel needs.

You have NJ [emoji6] and Baltimore [emoji33]

Oh Yay, we get the Bahamas:'), not the most attractive itinerary in the world (even though we're doing it again, but on a different cruise line this time). Oh, we get New England/Canada (erk, live here and I'm 8 miles from the border). Bermuda is also available but I've been there so much it's not something exciting.

MSC has a loyalty match program

Yes, doing an MSC October 2019. As D+, we will be their highest tier, Black. Only doing it for the itinerary. Price is right too and down payment was only $98. Otherwise, it’s Royal all the way, with several Celebrity thrown in.

Gwen [emoji3]

Yes, doing an MSC October 2019. As D+, we will be their highest tier, Black. Only doing it for the itinerary. Price is right too and down payment was only $98. Otherwise, it’s Royal all the way, with several Celebrity thrown in.

Gwen [emoji3]

Obviously it's taking you somewhere the Grandeur can't.

See you in 62 days :)

We really enjoyed Princess, and if we hadn't had kids, we probably would have stayed with them. But now we're kind of price/kid activity-ed out of their market and looking around at other lines. Liked NCL a lot. Giving RCCL a shot next year and have MSC booked for 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise, back in the early ‘80s was on a now- defunct cruise line. I was “forced” to switch to Royal for my 2nd cruise. I enjoyed that cruise on Song of Norway just as much as my first cruise and have only sailed with Royal since then.

I was starting to get bored with the same entertainment cruise after cruise and then tried Oasis class ships for a change. Never thought about changing cruise lines.

Last year we were about to try a cruise on Norwegian because we were sailing with friends and it was their turn to choose the cruise. That cruise got cancelled last minute and we ended up on Allure. Of course we had a great time.

Now we have a cruise scheduled in less than 2 weeks. It will be on Norwegian only because we got a 50% credit for the cancelled cruise. Since the original cruise was 10 nights and this one is only 4 nights, the 50% credit basically gives us our cabin for free. Too good to pass up.

I will try to keep an open mind and since this cruise is on an older, smaller ship, I will try to compare only food, entertainment, and service. The entertainment will only be compared to Royals entertainment on smaller ships.

I suspect I will remain “loyal to Royal.”

I will admit I definitely enjoy the Diamond perks.

Gwen [emoji3]

We just became diamond plus and have been cruising rccl once or twice a year for last 5 years all in suites. But excited to try MSC yacht in November 2019 , also have a couple of celebrity cruises for 2019. So no rccl for us in 2019. Really loved suite perks on celebrity and looking forward to all the perks on msc.

All cruise line loyalty programs lack substance to me. I have received much more value in free nights and flights from my hotel rewards and my airline rewards attached to my visa than I get or will ever get from Royal.

So do we and still enjoy what RC and Celebrity offer for being in their upper tier levels. Plus we feel Celebrity and RC are a good value for our vacation dollars.

Not that we have an extensive history of cruising, but our planning process is:

1) where do we want to go/ who offers it

2) what's the best $$$ deal

If they put more incentive into the "loyalty" program, then maybe that would change.

I'm a fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". We sailed Disney for our first cruise, and while it was wonderful, I didn't really like the Disney markup. We switched to RCL, it was a wonderful way to relax after our Disney trips, and since then we've sailed RCL. Once I hit D+ this year (that was the milestone goal), I may explore other options, but, then again, might not. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

All cruise line loyalty programs lack substance to me. I have received much more value in free nights and flights from my hotel rewards and my airline rewards attached to my visa than I get or will ever get from Royal.

I find that loyalty programs only lack substance for those who don't participate in one, or those for whom the perk no longer satisfies. For example having a visa card that rewards you with miles or hotel nights only has value if you fly or stay in hotels a lot. Been there - done that - DW and I both logged more than 1 million air miles in our careers and averaged more than 120 nights in hotels each year, and the free stays and flights became uniquely unattractive once we became numb from flying for business. When we retired, we moved to within driving distance of four ports, and since our visa gives us cash back:) now, we use it to purchase cruises and use the cash back to purchase other stuff we like. We don't cruise for the perks of a loyalty program, but if a cruise on one line is priced higher than the value we receive from the perks we receive on another line, loyalty programs definitely have substance. Every cruise we take on RCL as D+ means ~$600 that I don't have to take out of my wallet at the end of a cruise to settle my bill. To me, that has substance:)

I don't really have loyalty to any one line. Over the years my husband and I sailed on many cruises and on different lines. My first cruises were on Home Lines, which, is out of business.

My husband and I started cruising on Carnival and have sailed on them enough to be almost Diamond. We have a few NCL cruises as well.

Friends and I took a cruise on Celebrity and I loved it, so DH and I sailed on them long enough to be Elite. My sister and I sailed on Royal Caribbean and loved the cruise, so DH and I sailed on Royal Caribbean enough times to become D+.

Now, I mostly cruise on Royal Caribbean. I sail with my sister in January and in the summer with my son and his family. They all love Royal Caribbean, although my sister is also a fan of Celebrity which she sails when she goes with her husband.

My family enjoys the Oasis class ships and with a teen age granddaughter, they're perfect for us. I don't ever expect to get to Pinnacle as I doubt I will that long, lol. I do like the perks of D+ though and that's another reason for us to sail with Royal Caribbean.

I find most of these to have significant value.

Balcony and Suite Discounts

Skip lines to embark and debark

Free internet

Free laundry bag

Free clothes pressing

Free cocktails in evening

No need for show reservations

Dedicated dining on many ships

All day wine and beer on Oasis Class

Priority seating at most shows

Elite status with Celebrity and Azamara

3 bottles of wine for cruises longer than 7 days

Sweet gold name tag [emoji6]

Specialty lunch with Captain, Hotel Director, etc...

Bathroom amenities

Quicker access to C&A call center

Nifty milestone gift every 10 cruises (70 pts)

Free cruise every 5 years or so

Access to Concierge

Barefoot Beach access on Labadee

Free luggage valet

Free photo

Several BOGO and other discounts throughout the ship.

Many are part of the suite benefits, without paying suite prices.

And yes, they can change at a moments notice. I can also get hit by a bus tomorrow.

I find most of these to have significant value.

Balcony and Suite Discounts

Skip lines to embark and debark

Free internet

Free laundry bag

Free clothes pressing

Free cocktails in evening

No need for show reservations

Dedicated dining on many ships

All day wine and beer on Oasis Class

Priority seating at most shows

Elite status with Celebrity and Azamara

3 bottles of wine for cruises longer than 7 days

Sweet gold name tag [emoji6]

Specialty lunch with Captain, Hotel Director, etc...

Bathroom amenities

Quicker access to C&A call center

Nifty milestone gift every 10 cruises (70 pts)

Free cruise every 5 years or so

Access to Concierge

Barefoot Beach access on Labadee

Free luggage valet

Free photo

Several BOGO and other discounts throughout the ship.

Many are part of the suite benefits, without paying suite prices.

And yes, they can change at a moments notice. I can also get hit by a bus tomorrow.

You forgot the free cruise...:D

I don’t understand if you don’t Enjoy Cruising why come on here and tell us you don’t

Just for the record I enjoy cruises. A plane is a means of getting somewhere. A hotel a bed away from home. What you like is boring to me.

My travel rewards credit card is also the best loyalty program I belong to. We put all our daily expenses on it, and as many bills as possible, to rack up points and pay it off every month.

I bailed on RCL Visa 2 years ago. No do a cash back MC. Earn between $1,500 and $2,000 each year.

I still have 280,000 Visa points though.

My travel rewards credit card is also the best loyalty program I belong to. We put all our daily expenses on it, and as many bills as possible, to rack up points and pay it off every month.