Requesting separated beds in advance (NOT once onboard)

Anyone know if you can still request in advance to have beds separated in a stateroom? I haven't thought about this in several cruises but don't see it anywhere in the Check-in process. I know that it is simple enough to ask your stateroom attendant to separate the beds once onboard, but I'd rather request it in advance (even though they may miss that request anyway :D).

I just booked another cruise and called to get a receipt. During my call I asked to add late dining and bed preference. The customer service person put me hold to check with his manger to determine if he could request a bed preference. He stated that I would have to do this on board. I don’t know if this is across the board, but this was the 1st time I have run into this.

And even if you can request it in advance, be prepared to have the beds together when you arrive. The stateroom attendant will likely have to separate them as part of the evening service.

And even if you can request it in advance, be prepared to have the beds together when you arrive. The stateroom attendant will likely have to separate them as part of the evening service.

Requested 6 times that they separated before sailing, 50/50 if was done. No biggie, room attendant can have it done by time you get back from Dinner

Our TA has always requested our bed and dining preferences when we make the initial booking, and they have always been what we wanted.

And it will, as long as you want them together. Sorry, but they have reduced staff somewhat . The standard practice is to put them together as that seems to be the preferred configuration. If you want them separated, just ask him when he greets you on board. :cool:

I have in my profile that the beds are to be separated. When I sailed with my husband, they never were, even with my profile info. Last month on Allure, I was sailing with my son in my cabin. Our beds were put together.

I found that kind of funny as he is 25 years younger than I am and if Royal Caribbean thought we were a couple, I'd sure have to be robbing the cradle. My daughter-in-law and my granddaughter were in the cabin next to us and their beds were separated.

I asked our cabin steward and he explained that he was trained if the cabin had a man and a woman, the beds should be together and if two of the same sex, the beds should be separated. I feel badly every time I have to have the steward change the bed around especially on embarkation day, but no way am I sleeping with my adult son.

I have in my profile that the beds are to be separated. When I sailed with my husband, they never were, even with my profile info. Last month on Allure, I was sailing with my son in my cabin. Our beds were put together.

I found that kind of funny as he is 25 years younger than I am and if Royal Caribbean thought we were a couple, I'd sure have to be robbing the cradle. My daughter-in-law and my granddaughter were in the cabin next to us and their beds were separated.

I asked our cabin steward and he explained that he was trained if the cabin had a man and a woman, the beds should be together and if two of the same sex, the beds should be separated. I feel badly every time I have to have the steward change the bed around especially on embarkation day, but no way am I sleeping with my adult son.

Weird, I always share a cabin with my son and he is 25 years younger than I am and our beds are always separate

Weird, I always share a cabin with my son and he is 25 years younger than I am and our beds are always separate

My son is 29 years younger than I am, and our beds are always together on the first day. I leave a note on the bed if I don't see the steward, and it's always separated when we get back to the room.

I asked our cabin steward and he explained that he was trained if the cabin had a man and a woman, the beds should be together and if two of the same sex, the beds should be separated.

How offensively presumptuous of them. :mad:

They should go by what's in the reservation, and if there isn't a preference, just put them together.

I asked our cabin steward and he explained that he was trained if the cabin had a man and a woman, the beds should be together and if two of the same sex, the beds should be separated.

THAT is going to create a hassle for RCI.

When my husband and I first started cruising, back in the 1990’s, the beds were always separated, so we asked to have them together. My husband went on a cruise with a male friend one time, got to the cabin, the beds were together....go figure. Lol

Now beds are always together and we have our beds separated, because it gives us more room in our cabin to walk around. I have it listed on our preferences to separate the beds, but they are always together. It only takes a short time for the cabin attendant to separate them, but, I still feel bad asking them to do so.

Gwen [emoji3]

Have always requested our beds to be separated and have always come into the room with them together. Doesn’t matter if I’m cruising with a girl friend or my husband. We just ask the steward to separate them and it’s done while we’re at dinner.

weirdly enough, one recent cruise we got to the cabin at 1 and the beds were together. came back from dinner and they were separated. called down to housekeeping who swore up one side and down the other I had called earlier asking for them to be split.

my guess is, somebody transposed a couple of numbers and they got the cabins mixed up. no biggie, she came and fixed it in like 10 minutes.

what do they do when the bed doesn't split at all( owners suites) and someone requests it?

Why do you feel bad? Even if requested beforehand, the steward still would have most likely seperate them on embarkation day. It would have just been done before you arrived to the cabin.