It pays to check your booking prices

I’m from the uk and when my price dropped I rang up and had it changed no problem, should they not have done that?

That's great, but that is not was is normally reported from those who have UK bookings with Royal.

Sometimes I question whether I should be checking the price of my bookings so often. Most days I look in the morning over a cup of hot coffee. I do it just about every day but it really just takes a couple of minutes. We have a booking for Ovation in September 2019, Vancouver to Hawaii. One of my favorites cruises. This is what has happened to our booking since May from me checking most mornings. We have a balcony on deck 7 towards the back of the hump.

May 7th - $4,063.60

May 11th - $3,863.60

July 2nd - $3,551.60

July 7th - $3,321.60

July 20th - $3,122.60

August 2nd - $2,505.60

I don't think checking is a waste of my time, do you? :D

This is crazy good, it dropped again today. We are now at $2,359.60:D

Edit: Also our OBC went up from $76 to $100

Get on Royal's website and do a mock booking of the same exact c

ategory you already have.[/quot

There seems is only one price per category now - is that the none or refundable rate? RCI must has adjusted the exchange rate for Cdn funds - prices seem really high now.

My 2 inside Anthem cabins (3 people each) dropped from $2K/each to $1500/each about 3 weeks after I booked them last fall...now, 9 months later (and less than 3 months out), they are over $2600/each. I haven't bothered checking recently, since at one point, the category was sold out...and I'm thinking I got about as good as I was gonna get and am happy:)...

Sometimes I question whether I should be checking the price of my bookings so often. Most days I look in the morning over a cup of hot coffee. I do it just about every day but it really just takes a couple of minutes. We have a booking for Ovation in September 2019, Vancouver to Hawaii. One of my favorites cruises. This is what has happened to our booking since May from me checking most mornings. We have a balcony on deck 7 towards the back of the hump.

May 7th - $4,063.60

May 11th - $3,863.60

July 2nd - $3,551.60

July 7th - $3,321.60

July 20th - $3,122.60

August 2nd - $2,505.60

I never check my booking price but now I think I should. Please tell me what to do if I discover the price has gone down. What do I do and how does this work?

I don't think checking is a waste of my time, do you?

I never check my booking price but now I think I should. Please tell me what to do if I discover the price has gone down. What do I do and how does this work?

If you find that the price has gone down you just need to call whomeber you booked your cruise with and request a price adjustment.

Be careful that you compare not only the price but any incentives such as OBC that came with it, you do not get to get the new price and the old perks.

There seems is only one price per category now - is that the none or refundable rate? RCI must has adjusted the exchange rate for Cdn funds - prices seem really high now.

There should be two prices, unless you are booked in a Grand Suite or better, or within the final payment period.

If you find it has gone down, call Royal if you booked with them or call your travel agent if you book with one. Tell them you checked the price and it looks to have dropped. As Ourusualbeach just mentioned be sure you are not going to lose any perks that you may have such as OBC. Of course if the drop is bigger than the OBC, go for it. :D

If you find it has gone down, call Royal if you booked with them or call your travel agent if you book with one. Tell them you checked the price and it looks to have dropped. As Ourusualbeach just mentioned be sure you are not going to lose any perks that you may have such as OBC. Of course if the drop is bigger than the OBC, go for it. :D

And to add on it has to be before final payment DATE

I know. I have never seen that on the Hawaii cruises with a balcony.

Since Radiance is the only comparable with much fewer balconies, it makes sense that Ovation would be less. It might be Hawaii but it's still a re-positioning cruise where sub $100 pppd is the norm (except maybe Serenade).

Edited by Biker19

Since Radiance is the only comparable with much fewer balconies, it makes sense that Ovation would be less. It might be Hawaii but it's still a re-positioning cruise where sub $100 pppd is the norm (except maybe Serenade).
Not the case when we were stuck with repo of Ovation from Sydney to Vancouver.

It may be down now, but I'm good with Serenade FLL to CPH

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk