Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

49 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Today was the day we had to make the heartbreaking decision for Chloe.  She was 20 1/2 and had a wonderful life.  She was loved and protected up until the end.  I know many of you have had to do the same thing and understand.

So sorry for your loss.........sending you (((((hugs))))

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

Today was the day we had to make the heartbreaking decision for Chloe.  She was 20 1/2 and had a wonderful life.  She was loved and protected up until the end.  I know many of you have had to do the same thing and understand.

I am so sorry to learn of your loss. 

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Davey, we met Sir Cliff on a Seabourn cruise in 2015, when he was a passenger celebrating his 75th birthday.  We spoke a few times, and he sang impromptu with the piano player in the Observation Bar.  Thanks for your celebratory video.  We added another below.

image.thumb.png.b899c09906b46047216dd610823bdaaf.png

FSS 🙂

You would have met him on my 45th birthday then as it's the same day as mine! He has a house near here.  Apparently that's where Ant and Dec are staying whilst filming I'm a celebrity which is just down the road from us this year. 

Edited by Daveywavey70
Correction
  • Like 1

Going back a bit - Spins posted a pic. of Valetta, Malta, and I meant to reply but got caught up a bit in the 'excitement'.  It is a lovely port, for those who have never visited - a beautiful sail in and out, with the golden stone buildings of the city, and a nice town to wander around; interesting cathedral and some lovely old houses.  Plus a big history - especially during the Second World War.  Brits. do feel a special attachment to the island, unfortunately it is a rather longer flight than going to Spain, Italy, etc. so not quite so many second homes there.  (And of course they all speak good English, which helps us monoglots - think that is the word).

We met Cilla and her husband Bobby on a Celebrity cruise many years ago.  She was much more ladylike in real life, with lovely legs in her swimsuit.  They did have an ice bucket of champers around them at all times!  I'm not sure if she is known at all in the USA.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Sharing

I needed that today.  Thanks for all your understanding.  I realized later just how much of a “downer” my post was on a day that was a relief for so many.

Bob is now off the DL and will be taking charge of all the outside work again.  Yippee!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

Bob is now off the DL and will be taking charge of all the outside work again.  Yippee!

Good news above for Bob.  Nice progress!!

Enjoying wonderful weather here in Central Ohio.  More details and specifics below.  Plus, a couple of new, old funnies.  Kind of, maybe??!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 240,749 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

For the past week, we have had super nice, sunny weather in Central Ohio.  Excellent!!!  Almost like being in Florida??!!  But, no tropical storms and/or hurricane risks here!  How about next week for us?  Below is what AccuWather projects here today and in the next five days.  Wonderful!!  Am out on our screened porch and enjoying the sounds of the birds, super weather conditions, etc.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

414045011_ScreenShot2020-11-08at11_06_12AM.thumb.png.93eb6d7acade139a09ef95a5a3e604b9.png

1141250099_ScreenShot2020-11-08at11_14_33AM.png.85f792278e70f902f10ec8387a90f20f.png

824115214_ScreenShot2020-11-08at11_27_50AM.png.280cd5a7270dee6954d71fe9916bdf45.png

• Like 1

Glad you have warm weather, Terry.  It is pretty cold here, and what is much worse is you no sooner drawback the curtains at 7.30  a.m., it seems,  than you are pulling them together again at 4.45p.m.  I am already suffering from SAD  I fear.

But - the pets video was just wonderful, thanks.  Reminded me of days of yore when my mother would put down a plate of assorted cakes for afternoon tea, and my brother, sister and I used to push each other aside in order to 'bag' the best one.  (Why she didn't just buy three of the same nicest ones I don't know)

Lola

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Thinking of you.

YES, thinking of Spins and others in South Florida.  Below is the current radar view from AccuWeather for how this storm is currently sitting and looking.  Lots of challenges ahead.  Much affecting the greater Miami area right now.  More to come??!!  Not pretty!!  Good luck!

1105329956_ScreenShot2020-11-08at4_01_55PM.thumb.png.27bc98ead01277e7aeea015f1ee6349c.png

Despite the current period of warm, sunny weather here in the midwest, we are deep in the middle of the fall season.  Fortunately (except for needing to do the raking, mulching and blowing), we have many, many trees in our ravine setting.  Below are a few samples as "EVIDENCE" to prove the color variations, etc.  

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 231,278 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

First from my study window, here is a view of the two Japanese maple trees in our front area.  Two different types of these smaller maples.  Really love the red color of the leaves on the lower right.  In the background area are some of the other colorful trees on our property.  Second is a view with a portion of our limestone on our home showing with the colorful bushes and trees in the background.  The big tree in the background is an oak that does not lose all of its leaves until December.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

CMC_2113.jpeg.4d6e0d71527459a40e809fc64abc65c3.jpeg

2064607620_CMC_2126(1).jpeg.fbc06332ccc6929af53669eb224dd0ca.jpeg

Here is a product from one of our trees with the largest leaves.  It is from an American sycamore tree. BIG??!!  Looks to be about 9" wide.:

CMC_2131.jpeg.11648a58580eb7789447ff6dd3f665a8.jpeg

• Like 1