Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

We are actually working in Celsius  at last, but it is a bit warmer than 44 F. here in wintry England at present!   Must be a shock for Floridians - and a shame for the Brits. who are on holiday  there for some sunshine and warmth.

Lola

• Like 1

Well a 5 hour drive today into the Thar desert. I managed to pick up a new sd card reader in Jaiselmer on the way through so more pics tomorrow. Camping in the desert tonight but I do have AC in my tent. Just been on a Jeep safari through the sand dunes and a camel ride. The bonfire is being lit and the musicians are warming up. Just watched the sunset from my verandah with a glass of Old Monk.

E8576AF9-4924-4BBB-847F-5A4E911A7C5B.jpeg

Edited by Daveywavey70
Autocorrect
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Well a 5 hour drive today into the Thar desert. I managed to pick up a new sd card reader in Jaiselmer on the way through so more pics tomorrow. Camping in the desert tonight but I do have AC in my tent. Just been on a Jeep safari through the sand dunes and a camel ride. The bonfire is being lit and the musicians are warming up. Just watched the sunset from my verandah with a glass of Old Monk.

E8576AF9-4924-4BBB-847F-5A4E911A7C5B.jpeg

Couldn't you fill the glass up 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Continued great sharing by Davey from India.  Keep it coming!!  Nice pix's from JP and continued great funnies.  Now 35F here in Central Ohio.  Sorry to hear of the cold weather in Florida.  

Here below is a cute fox yesterday that we saw twice out our family room patio door. Was moving fast, but I managed to catch this visual with my iPhone.  Not best quality pix, but I had to move fast and my better Nikon SLR was not handy. The fox seemed good, healthy, moving well. Nice and sunny yesterday and today.  But, fairly cold yesterday.   Fun!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

image.thumb.jpeg.d9be7e48e579ecf2680c78ca93ec7d85.jpeg

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Musical interlude, young people doing the best version of the old Tokens song "A Lion Sleeps Tonight"

I think the future is in good hands with the young people of today...

Awesome Que!  So much joy there! 🥰

• Thanks 1

Davey:  I haven't read this book, but when I saw it I immediately thought of you:  Your Table Is Ready, Tales of a New York City Maître D' by Michael Cecchi-Azzolina

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Table-Ready-Tales-Maître/dp/B09Q7RC3PW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=TIVPGOO907K&keywords=your+table+is+ready&qid=1673832073&sprefix=your+table+is+ready%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-1

• Like 1

20 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Here in sunny south Florida it is 44 degrees F.

It is really cold.

I have just booked an apartment in Fort Lauderdale for six days in mid-December between cruises, before flying to Santiago for the Silver Wind Antarctic cruise.  The average temperatures then are around 26-27C.  Not quite warm enough for swimming, but beautiful temperatures for exploring.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lincslady said:

May I recommend the piece by Hilary Rose in The Times part two this morning - I always enjoy the pieces on page 2, but this is a corker.  

Lola

Found it and had a laugh over my morning coffee. Thanks Lola!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Couldn't you fill the glass up 😃

It was a long walk back to the bar! 🥳

A Power cut for most of the night and a wild dog howling outside my tent didn’t do for the best nights sleep. Skipped the cold shower and onto the next port of call, Jaiselmer, The Golden City. Named because of the beautiful golden sandstone that captures the setting sun beautifully. The Hotel was quite a surprise. Only 2 years old but crafted with the most intricate carvings. I Didn’t think that there were craftsmen still capable of creating such beauty. A Visit to the lake and Sonar Fort today. Pics will follow tomorrow. The beauty of a 5 hour ride is the “free time”.

6F10A3C0-CD38-445C-8988-FE3A34276B8D.jpeg

C75EF378-D53A-4163-8795-941C888053A4.jpeg

25670153-E6AD-4CDC-B512-F02A15A5979D.jpeg

21084048-7A79-4E53-AECD-76CEFCC72D7B.jpeg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Davey:  I haven't read this book, but when I saw it I immediately thought of you:  Your Table Is Ready, Tales of a New York City Maître D' by Michael Cecchi-Azzolina

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Table-Ready-Tales-Maître/dp/B09Q7RC3PW/ref=sr_1_1?crid=TIVPGOO907K&keywords=your+table+is+ready&qid=1673832073&sprefix=your+table+is+ready%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-1

Thanks Jazz, I’ll look it up. Just wait till my book comes out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just had a fascinating conversation with a group from Austin and Dallas that were recently on another line where Branson was celebrating his birthday. They said that they’d completely not caught onto the adults only part until a couple of days into the cruise, didn’t attend many of the “parties” and felt the need to check under their bed each night. Made me chuckle. Anyway, here was the sunset over Jaiselmer tonight. 

FB85CE7B-6160-44A3-B45C-C3D9D8157CF1.jpeg

• Like 6