Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Quite right - and our new Queen is a very good example of a senior (75?) who is still fully functioning and more importantly has a great sense of humour, which can disappear when you are getting a bit past it.

Lola

• Like 3

True, but it was never going to happen, since  Charles did not stand up for himself when he was young, as I guess he should have.  Times change, it is no longer necessary to marry an unsullied girl, or indeed to do exactly what your 'elders and betters'  dictate.  Although that  does not always work either - luckily it seemed to with William, marrying a girl from a less privileged background who  has definitely stepped up to the plate and looks very much like a Queen in the making.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Port Power said:

Terry, why is the dog called an “Australian” labradoodle?  Labradors and poodles are found all around the world.  Surely cross-breeding has occurred in other countries besides Australia?  It has become a popular cross-breed with people mistakenly thinking the labradoodle will not shed and will be good for people allergic to dog dander.  Not all cross breeds end up with poodle wool from that parent.   Lizzie is so cute, though.  Love her chocolate colouring.

Great question from our friend in Australia.  Glad you agree with us that Lizzie is cute!!  Yes, the chocolate "colour" looks very good. 

She is a "mix" with a twist or two.  From one website, they cite: "the heart of a Labrador and the smarts of a poodle, all in a big, beautiful allergy/asthma-friendly package!"   Here is more background: "Initially bred in 1970 in Australia to provide assistance dogs for folks with allergies, the Australian Labradoodle became a beloved family pet that offered the best of both worlds: a large family-oriented people pleaser, highly intelligent, with low shedding to no shedding and no doggie odor. Parent breeds included the Labrador, Poodle, Portuguese Water Dog, and two types of Spaniels."

To the credit of those in Australia, they came up with this variety originally.  So far, mostly, it is kind of all working OK for us.  Getting 'Potty Perfection" is still a work in process!!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 242,996 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1896175-solstice-live-australianzhawaii-many-pix’s-jan-20-feb-3/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lincslady said:

True, but it was never going to happen, since  Charles did not stand up for himself when he was young, as I guess he should have.  Times change, it is no longer necessary to marry an unsullied girl, or indeed to do exactly what your 'elders and betters'  dictate.  Although that  does not always work either - luckily it seemed to with William, marrying a girl from a less privileged background who  has definitely stepped up to the plate and looks very much like a Queen in the making.

YES, from this side of the Atlantic, Kate has worked out very, very well.  Will avoid getting in the middle of the Diana vs. Camilla questions.  That has been a "long and winding road" in the words of the Beatles.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

We spent a long weekend in Atlanta for my 50th college reunion.  Wish I could take pictures like JP, Terry and many of you other coolers can.  But here are two.

Found this place as we were walking around Sunday morning.

image.thumb.png.9038ec86b3da83d0685c501958618c9d.png

Really wanted to stay until they opened, but my better half reminded me there were activities elsewhere to be attended.

One of the best meals I had there was Chicken Milanese.  I don't think I ever had it before, but now I will seek it out.  This version by the Atrium Restaurant at Ponce City Market.

Then, a third pic I hadn't really intended to post, at the very bottom, is me in front of the dormitory I lived in for two years.

image.jpeg

image.thumb.png.50c55bbb63ee4221c46840476712682d.png

Atlanta is a great city to visit - don't let these pictures deter you from visiting there someday 

Edited by QueSeraSera
trying to get the pics to display correctly
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

We spent a long weekend in Atlanta for my 50th college reunion.  Wish I could take pictures like JP, Terry and many of you other coolers can.  But here are two.

Really wanted to stay until they opened, but my better half reminded me there were activities elsewhere to be attended.

One of the best meals I had there was Chicken Milanese.  I don't think I ever had it before, but now I will seek it out.  This version by the Atrium Restaurant at Ponce City Market.

Then, a third pic I hadn't really intended to post, at the very bottom, is me in front of the dormitory I lived in for two years.

image.jpeg

Atlanta is a great city to visit - don't let these pictures deter you from visiting there someday 

Pics are awesome Que!  50th College Reunion?  You don't look old enough for that to be true!

• Like 1

Congrats on that reunion! Hope you both had a good time and thanks for sharing the photos. The chicken dish looks delicious.🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

Yes, Emory Class of '73, and thanks to you and Lois for your kind comments!

I graduated from the University of Windsor in 1974.  We had Grade 13 at the time.   I'm guessing we are about the same age Que.   Although your age is not showing! 😁

• Thanks 1

Well, since all things English are in the news, here's an updated photo of Tiramisu, our now just over one year old Old English Sheepdog.  There is warm weather on the way, so she gets a short cut everywhere, except her head and ears, which retain the customary "I-can't-see-and-run-into-things" appearance.  We pull her hair up in a top knot on her forehead, so she can see a little better.  She is the self appointed overseer of chickens, squirrels, birds and strange people or vehicles on our street.  

IMG_6042.jpeg

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

She is the self appointed overseer of chickens, squirrels, birds and strange people or vehicles on our street.  

So cute!  Would love to see a picture with the top knot.

56 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

image.jpeg

Great pics QSS.

And WWFT please no! You can't put a top knot on anyone so cute! 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Well, since all things English are in the news, here's an updated photo of Tiramisu, our now just over one year old Old English Sheepdog.  There is warm weather on the way, so she gets a short cut everywhere, except her head and ears, which retain the customary "I-can't-see-and-run-into-things" appearance.  We pull her hair up in a top knot on her forehead, so she can see a little better.  She is the self appointed overseer of chickens, squirrels, birds and strange people or vehicles on our street.  

IMG_6042.jpeg

OMG.....she has to be one of the cutest pups ever!😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lincslady said:

Quite right - and our new Queen is a very good example of a senior (75?) who is still fully functioning and more importantly has a great sense of humour, which can disappear when you are getting a bit past it.

Lola

Our next Queen looks like a winner already.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

We have done a few weekends in Atlanta. It's an easy hop from Albany on DL, then grab the MARTA train from the airport to wherever we're staying. Lots of great food to be sampled. The City Winery is on Chris's list too but we haven't made it there yet. 

We'll be flying through in July but no time for any sightseeing, unless things go wrong.

Loving all the dog pictures!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

image.jpeg

Atlanta was my hub for several years (Delta used to fly from Rio directly to ATL) and I always had a couple of days there. Love the Botanical Garden, the Aquarium, the Zoo (where I could see Pandas) as well as Dr. King Center and many other historical buildings. Great city!

• Like 3