Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

So yesterday I procrastinated by working on some River Cruising Sticky updates.  Today I spent time in the garden, then rewarded myself with some Walker's shortbread Scotties and a G&T.  I felt very British!  [Note to self: schedule another trip to England and Scotland...]

• Like 6

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

For @highplanesdrifters:

This Peru trip is for my brother's wedding. Except he and his bride couldn't wait through Covid, so they got married 2 years ago. So this is an excuse for a party on their 2-year anniversary. That's in Lima, a week from tomorrow. 

We're going early because, why not? We fly out tomorrow afternoon. We've been to Machu Picchu in the past so we're not going again. So we land in Lima Sunday morning and immediately fly to Cusco. Nothing planned for Sunday other than around town on our own. Monday we are hiking to "Rainbow Mountain" to see if we can get some good pictures before we die of hypoxemia.

Tuesday we take the Belmond Train - not to MP, but to Puno. It's an overnight train which will be fun! We have two nights on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Then Friday (a week from today) we fly back from Juliaca to Lima for the pre-party, then the party on Saturday, then fly home early Sunday (ugh).

Lima has great restaurants. I hope you have time to try some of it.

• Like 3

Canada_Day.jpg.edc37e46b13b7cbc37f9762d526637a8.jpg

Canada Day (French: Fête du Canada), formerly known as Dominion Day (French: Fête du Dominion), is the national day of Canada. A federal statutory holiday, it celebrates the anniversary of Canadian Confederation which occurred on July 1, 1867, with the passing of the British North America Act, 1867, when the three separate colonies of the United Canadas, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick were united into a single dominion within the British Empire called Canada.

Originally called Dominion Day (French: Le Jour de la Confédération), the holiday was renamed in 1982, the same year that the Canadian constitution was patriated by the Canada Act, 1982, which severed the vestiges of legal dependence on the Parliament of the United Kingdom. Canada Day celebrations take place throughout the country, as well as in various locations around the world attended by Canadians living abroad.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So yesterday I procrastinated by working on some River Cruising Sticky updates.  Today I spent time in the garden, then rewarded myself with some Walker's shortbread Scotties and a G&T.  I felt very British!  [Note to self: schedule another trip to England and Scotland...]

What about Wales? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Happy Canada Day, Mysty, and all the other lovely Canadian people we have met on cruises.

Lola

P.S.  Do you have any special foodstuffs on this day -  maybe poutine?

Perhaps poutine!  BBQ is the order of the day typically!  We are having Harira (Moroccan lamb soup).  Myster makes an amazing version of this.  😁

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, mysty said:

Perhaps poutine!  BBQ is the order of the day typically!  We are having Harira (Moroccan lamb soup).  Myster makes an amazing version of this.  😁

Harira 

IMG_0086.JPG.bd23ed9e16001df428aaaccd41ae66f3.JPG

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, drron29 said:

I would like some of that soup when I drop round. Unfortunately a bit of a problem getting there.

But you're the great adventurer drron!  C'mon over! 😁

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, drron29 said:

I would like some of that soup when I drop round. Unfortunately a bit of a problem getting there.

5 minutes ago, mysty said:

But you're the great adventurer drron!  C'mon over! 😁

If you're coming to see M&M then you'll have to come to Albany and see us too!

• Like 4

JP We had an oxygenated room in Cusco and had no ill effects.  It took a bit more energy to hike around, but I am sure you will be fine. Have a wonderful trip.

Mysty Your patio looks lovely and inviting.  Myster did a nice job.  I hope the condo complex likes it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mysty said:

Canada Day (French: Fête du Canada), formerly known as Dominion Day (French: Fête du Dominion), is the national day of Canada. A federal statutory holiday, it celebrates the anniversary of Canadian Confederation which occurred on July 1, 1867, with the passing of the British North America Act, 1867, when the three separate colonies of the United Canadas, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick were united into a single dominion within the British Empire called Canada.

YES!, Happy Canada Day.  Remember this July 1 date very, very well as it is also my wife's birthday.  On that date back a number of years ago, we were crossing from Glacier National Park on the way to Waterton Lakes National Park for staying at the super scenic Prince of Wales Hotel.  We got a Canada pin from the bordering crossing officials that day.  Cute!  How can we now forget July 1 and its importance??  

Also, last summer when we toured the Canada Maritimes for the first time, we learned about the details for how the "Canadian Confederation" came together and happened in that region.  Fun, great history.  Congratulations to Canada.  

Our big, BIG day, July 4th, is coming up on Tuesday.  More fun in the USA.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Late Summer 2022, many scenic visuals and details from Canada Maritimes doing Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island, etc., via a Tauck land tour.  Visual Summary:

www.flickr.com/photos/196555480@N08/albums

15 hours ago, jpalbny said:

For @highplanesdrifters:

This Peru trip is for my brother's wedding. Except he and his bride couldn't wait through Covid, so they got married 2 years ago. So this is an excuse for a party on their 2-year anniversary. That's in Lima, a week from tomorrow. 

We're going early because, why not? We fly out tomorrow afternoon. We've been to Machu Picchu in the past so we're not going again. So we land in Lima Sunday morning and immediately fly to Cusco. Nothing planned for Sunday other than around town on our own. Monday we are hiking to "Rainbow Mountain" to see if we can get some good pictures before we die of hypoxemia.

Tuesday we take the Belmond Train - not to MP, but to Puno. It's an overnight train which will be fun! We have two nights on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Then Friday (a week from today) we fly back from Juliaca to Lima for the pre-party, then the party on Saturday, then fly home early Sunday (ugh).

We just knew you two adventurers would get to the Rainbow Mountain at some time. I'm sure you will cope with the altitude. The Lake Chungara car park was just a bit above our limit at 4570 metres. We will look forward to see your photos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jpalbny said:

For @highplanesdrifters:

I do wish you well. I enjoyed our trip out to a reed island when up at Lake Titicaca.  I experienced altitude sickness in Cusco, my husband at Lake Titicaca. However, on my last trip to Cusco I was absolutely fine and also walked a great deal.

Love the patio and screens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

What about Wales? 

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

And Norn Iron

You'll have to send me some local treats – the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!!!

9 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You'll have to send me some local treats – the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!!!

Potato farls? Soda bread? Colcannon? Champ? 

Where I grew up in Belfast, food was only food if it was deep-fried and contained absolutely no nutritional benefit other than fats! 

Oh. Edit to add: Don't forget Mars Bar sandwiches or sugar sandwiches. Yum. Dentist's delight. 

Edited by Tothesunset
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, mysty said:

And you will have it in that lovely patio? Have a great day!

• Like 1