Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

33 minutes ago, mysty said:

I'm just going to leave this here.....

66702587_2424477857775627_7316618887728988160_n.jpg.de1c922753ed424f60f14fbadb3d72d0.jpg

What a perfectly concise and considered opinion and impossible to gainsay. 

The recent Brexit shenanigans in UK have been accompanied by populist nonsense such as "standing up for British values" without defining what that standard might be. Are those the "British Values" of an Eton schoolmaster, Clyde riveter, Welsh sheep farmer, postman, hedge fund manager; are they the same values in Pontypridd as in Cheltenham, in Dalhousie as in Harrogate, in Wilmslow as in Armagh? 

I like your Mr Trudeau. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tothesunset said:

What a perfectly concise and considered opinion and impossible to gainsay. 

The recent Brexit shenanigans in UK have been accompanied by populist nonsense such as "standing up for British values" without defining what that standard might be. Are those the "British Values" of an Eton schoolmaster, Clyde riveter, Welsh sheep farmer, postman, hedge fund manager; are they the same values in Pontypridd as in Cheltenham, in Dalhousie as in Harrogate, in Wilmslow as in Armagh? 

I like your Mr Trudeau. 

I liked him too.  He was one of our better Prime Ministers!  I'm afraid we won't find his ilk again. 

Was up in friendly Canada this past weekend.  Visiting the Waterloo-Kitchener areas about an hour west of Toronto.  Nice!!  With our two grandsons, son and daughter-in-law, etc.  Enjoyable area, friendly folks, great food, nice parks, etc.  Skies pretty clear and none of that pesky sky smoke seen.   Need proof and evidence?  See below.  Kitchener was originally settled by many from Germany and was called Berlin (until WWI caused a change).  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 248,033 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

In this Waterloo-Kitchener area, here is a small sample from Victoria Park named after the famed Queen.  Yes, they have her statute there!  Lots of flowers, water, etc.  Nice!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.35da2e47dcc7b07b9e5538d5f5b2d9a2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a3714c6c78cc4f39aa203dd8946e013d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.abb4ae44d6f28a5d11389560521d84dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.774c91b3178d00b3ec62ee00115601b6.jpeg

At this park in Waterloo, Ontario, they were playing . . . what else, but . . . cricket!!:

image.thumb.jpeg.b0cf7f16ac0455f7c1420d9245736284.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Just a bit of nitpicking. The joint city is Kitchener-Waterloo, not Waterloo-Kitchener. Did you get out to any of the farmer’s markets in the vicinity?

YES!!   Super enjoyed on Saturday morning going to the busy and fun market in Kitchener.  Wonderful!!!  See below some visuals.  

Agree that Kitchener is larger in population, but I listed Waterloo first as its name/Europe connections has more "history".  Plus, Waterloo is where our son and grandson were staying for their July adventure in Canada.  

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 244,521 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1896175-solstice-live-australianzhawaii-many-pix’s-jan-20-feb-3/

Here are a couple of visuals from our fun exploring around at the Market in Kitchener on Saturday morning.:

image.thumb.jpeg.0c70c3abedbc77a86e8d65d51a81e5bf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6064e79a3080c19973a17b1b02d79490.jpeg

Here are our two grandsons, ages twelve and ten, enjoying the Kitchener Market.  Like the big, red tomatoes?:

image.thumb.jpeg.031c444baa110f7a7289973e640e408f.jpeg

At the AP Bakery from Brantford, this kind lady at their booth was super helpful and friendly to my wife.  We wanted a loaf of their sourdough bread.  My wife did not have Canada currency and was going to pay by credit card.  But, their machine was broken.  Solution?  Super kind!  She gave us the loaf of bread as a gift.  Wonderful bread.  Very enjoyable.  Second below is the Light Rail transit that what took down from Waterloo to reach the Kitchener Market.:

image.thumb.jpeg.def4829f21f5886efbfc9fecf4e735f8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.faf88e9419dbd0762eb3c659e418c39d.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

YES!!   Super enjoyed on Saturday morning going to the busy and fun market in Kitchener.  Wonderful!!!  See below some visuals.  

Agree that Kitchener is larger in population, but I listed Waterloo first as its name/Europe connections has more "history".  Plus, Waterloo is where our son and grandson were staying for their July adventure in Canada.  

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 244,521 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1896175-solstice-live-australianzhawaii-many-pix’s-jan-20-feb-3/

Here are a couple of visuals from our fun exploring around at the Market in Kitchener on Saturday morning.:

image.thumb.jpeg.0c70c3abedbc77a86e8d65d51a81e5bf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6064e79a3080c19973a17b1b02d79490.jpeg

Here are our two grandsons, ages twelve and ten, enjoying the Kitchener Market.  Like the big, red tomatoes?:

image.thumb.jpeg.031c444baa110f7a7289973e640e408f.jpeg

At the AP Bakery from Brantford, this kind lady at their booth was super helpful and friendly to my wife.  We wanted a loaf of their sourdough bread.  My wife did not have Canada currency and was going to pay by credit card.  But, their machine was broken.  Solution?  Super kind!  She gave us the loaf of bread as a gift.  Wonderful bread.  Very enjoyable.  Second below is the Light Rail transit that what took down from Waterloo to reach the Kitchener Market.:

image.thumb.jpeg.def4829f21f5886efbfc9fecf4e735f8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.faf88e9419dbd0762eb3c659e418c39d.jpeg

Cute that you want to rename Canadian cities!  History does not over-rule the place name!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Cute that you want to rename Canadian cities!  History does not over-rule the place name!

I definitely understand your point.  

Going by Terry’s logic, I guess we should start calling the Minnesota twin cities “Saint Paul - Minneapolis” since Paul clearly has much more “history” being a Christian Apostle and all. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Maybe I should change my name to Paul-Jean?

Not sure we could take PJ seriously (as opposed to JP).  In the AM I enjoy stopping by the cooler in my pajamas with a coffee.  🙂

I do respect that if the Canadians call a place in Canada AB we can of course do so as well.  No loss in face when corrected by a resident.  In fact, I appreciate it.

Gotta love the little guy below.

May be an image of 1 person, child and text that says 'He does not know that it is a statue, he does not know how much it weighs, but only saw that he needs help..! Look at the world with the heart of a child, and life will become more beautiful..'

• Like 10