Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Franklin may reach Iceland as remnants. Hoping JJ is far away from Bermuda and Iceland by then.

Scotland by Saturday, Wales by Wednesday, Cornwall Thursday, Southampton>disembarkation >London Friday 8th … but … fly home Sunday 10th - fingers crossed, dunno where Idalia will be by then but hopefully long gone. 
And nothing following … please …

A propos of nothing, I’ve just had the most enormous meal at Hot Rocks. They’ve increased the menu a bit, for the better. The heaters are great, here I am in Iceland, outdoors of an evening, and too hot!

And, of course, it doesn’t matter how much you’ve eaten, there’s always room for chocolate so I am right now in the Arts Cafe …

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 10

Lots of good funnies at the Cooler!!  Keep it coming.  We need it now.  

Below from the NY Times is a good map this am showing where the two hurricanes/storms are at right now.  Very challenging for Florida, etc. It's the major news story on cable currently.  Lots of high waters and flooding.  Good luck to those there in these affected locations.   

image.thumb.png.eb35bbc993d3661518e94658841970b9.png

THANKS!    Terry in Ohio

It's too bad they dropped the 'SAT words' section of that test.  Students need to be taught how to parse new words by breaking them down, as in the post above.

Here's another:  interpolate = inter (between or among) and polo (a game played on a horse, with a stick – note that the comma is essential since few horses are able to control a stick...)

• Haha 1

I have heard of it  - I think that was Cyprus?  Heaven knows  where British sherry came from, I don't think we had vineyards in those days. 😉  I think it was called QC or QVC?  Or maybe I am mixing that up with the online shopping channel.  Do you remember Yates' Wine Lodges?  We had a super one in Nottingham, full of old chaps with bulbous noses who drank schooners of 'port', and ladies of the night.  My son managed to get thrown of it one night;  his main claim to fame.

• Haha 1