Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

20 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Anybody in the NE now preparing for the big storm and snow coming your way?  Below is the map from AccuWeather.  In our area, we will only get 1-3".  Parts of the east to get a foot and a half of snow!!

The NWS says the forecast will probably change, but at present we are in the 8" to 12" snow band, but it might be less than 1" or maybe 20".  We need to get some gas tomorrow for the snow thrower.  Other than that, we have plenty of food and drink reserves.

• Like 1

We are prepared. Empress 1908, Brokers, and Magellan at the ready.

20201215_182448.thumb.jpg.ebcc32f43e99fa9d5d4bd3836605fc55.jpg

Not pictured: Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice, one shelf down. But just as deserving of a place in the snow-day plan!

I'm taking tomorrow off after a very busy week in ICU. Chris is working remotely. Should be a pleasant day. Once the snow flies we'll curl up by the fire and enjoy the scenery.

On Thursday we both have to go in, which may be a challenge. But that's for another day. 

• Like 2

Always atmospheric to read about you folks all snowed in.

We are starting our summer wet season with a bang ; this week we have had periods  of high winds , torrential rain and  power outages with the main cyclone season still a month or so away.

10 minutes ago, tgh said:

Always atmospheric to read about you folks all snowed in.

We are starting our summer wet season with a bang ; this week we have had periods  of high winds , torrential rain and  power outages with the main cyclone season still a month or so away.

tgh....somehow a "like" to your post seems silly!  Sounds like batten down the hatches weather for you!  Best wishes for riding out Mother Nature's power punch!

• Like 1

Pfizer vs Moderna? They are essentially the same vaccine. The difference is in the lipid wrap protecting the mRNA segment. One requires a colder storage.. The efficacy is similar. I'll take whichever one I can get first.

No need for both. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We are prepared. Empress 1908, Brokers, and Magellan at the ready.

20201215_182448.thumb.jpg.ebcc32f43e99fa9d5d4bd3836605fc55.jpg

Not pictured: Hendrick's Midsummer Solstice, one shelf down. But just as deserving of a place in the snow-day plan!

For those of us new to the world of high-end gins, you must tell us about this fancy gin refrigerator you have that also stores assorted berries.  😉

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

For those of us new to the world of high-end gins, you must tell us about this fancy gin refrigerator you have that also stores assorted berries.  😉

Definitely a multipurpose unit. It is also capable of holding leftover wine too...as if that's a thing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey JP here is a GIN  I bet you haven't got in your fridge  -  🤩

Australian Finger Lime Gin 

Finger Lime Gin 750ml

https://ginglebellsgin.com/collections/gin-baubles/products/finger-lime-gin

"This gin is the distillers masterpiece featuring suspended finger lime caviar  -these little balls of limey goodness pop in your mouth when you bite them releasing an aromatic burst of pure citrussy gin, redefining your definition of the ultimate Gin & Tonic! It is a very playful gin ! "

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

Hey JP here is a GIN  I bet you haven't got in your fridge  -  🤩

Australian Finger Lime Gin 

Finger Lime Gin 750ml

https://ginglebellsgin.com/collections/gin-baubles/products/finger-lime-gin

"This gin is the distillers masterpiece featuring suspended finger lime caviar  -these little balls of limey goodness pop in your mouth when you bite them releasing an aromatic burst of pure citrussy gin, redefining your definition of the ultimate Gin & Tonic! It is a very playful gin ! "

OOOOOOH!  That looks amazing!  Yummy squared!

• Like 1

Hope this works for you!

Nostalgia Jukebox

Spin the year wheel first. Then press hit me.  

This is so cool, 50's and 60's are great especially for us ‘seniors’.  

Or, put in the year that you graduated from High School.

This will keep you amused for hours if you wish!

And we all have hours of spare time these days ...

So enjoy the music all day long if you wish ... ha ha

http://thenostalgiamachine.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Hope this works for you!

Nostalgia Jukebox

Chas, you just gave me my hit of joy for today!  I was bopping in my chair to music from 1970.  Thank You!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

Hope this works for you!

Nostalgia Jukebox

WOW, this is so cool! Thanks for sharing😃

Here is our itinerary  for 2021 in case others on this thread might be interested so we can look for one another.

Whisper;  voyages WH210714012, 210726012, 210807014  (38 days) starting July 14,2021 in Iceland.

Shadow; voyage 29083-20 Athens r/t via  the Black sea Sep. 20, 2021 (15)

Dawn;  voyage 54856-19 FLL crossing Dec. 2, 2021  (13)

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Pfizer vs Moderna? They are essentially the same vaccine. The difference is in the lipid wrap protecting the mRNA segment. One requires a colder storage.. The efficacy is similar. I'll take whichever one I can get first.  No need for both. 

Great, as always, details and background above from our resident medical expert, Dr. J.P.  Keep up the excellent sharing!!

Below are a few visual samples this afternoon from our snow here in Central Ohio.  So far, only about 2" here.  Looks good?  Good luck to those in Pennsylvania, NY and New England.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Here is a quick visual sampling this afternoon of our snow results and the "look".  This includes the view from our family room with the Christmas tree in the foreground and a male deer crossing the roadway in front off our home in this ravine area.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

CMC_2154.thumb.jpeg.76fd7de01a4374bfe414d5092256b2a5.jpeg

CMC_2153.thumb.jpeg.705a28eb95f899437d1d1886c0c6ef95.jpeg

CMC_2162.thumb.jpeg.f309b1313572e066d999bd7746fc2113.jpeg

Edited by TLCOhio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

Here is our itinerary  for 2021 in case others on this thread might be interested so we can look for one another.

Whisper;  voyages WH210714012, 210726012, 210807014  (38 days) starting July 14,2021 in Iceland.

Shadow; voyage 29083-20 Athens r/t via  the Black sea Sep. 20, 2021 (15)

Dawn;  voyage 54856-19 FLL crossing Dec. 2, 2021  (13)

Thanks Chas!  Myster and I are booked on the Cloud E4210716013 and E4210729010 from Tromso to Kangerlussuaq in July 2021.  If we do not receive the vaccine before final payment in March we will not be comfortable sailing.  Myster might well be eligible since he is 70 but I'm not there yet!  Canada is not at the top of the list for vaccines and the priorities established may well exclude us until the summer.  It would be a treat to sail with you and other Cooler denizens!  May the universe conspire to make that happen!

• Like 1

Hi friends,  JP, I saw a wonderful story about a news anchor in your city who helped over 4,000

people get their unemployment benefits.......her name is Anne Mccloy.........she really did 

a good thing. Did you see the story?

Here is a link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/watch/how-a-news-anchor-helped-over-4000-americans-this-year/vi-BB1bYYwT

• Like 1