Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

It’s been a fun and busy Mother’s Day weekend.  

Started off Friday night with poached halibut in a white wine, vidalia onion, roma tomato, and castelvetrano olive compote with wilted basil and fresh parsley garnish.

E3FCDA9B-E2E9-4F3F-A800-085D973E099B.thumb.jpeg.760d13e7a0f4da60e00792bd5915fdf6.jpeg

Saturday was spent raking out the native grass area of our property.  Removed 20-yards of yard waste made up of nothing but pine needles and cones.  Daffodils are just starting to peak their heads above ground, so since nothing is ready to be cut, went to the florist for a pretty bunch of tulips.

40764E64-645C-4876-85EA-882BE4DBFAB5.thumb.jpeg.107951e62b1dbcbb034346f88f2ef94a.jpeg

This morning was a kitchen sink omelette with avocado toast and strawberries.

1882F19E-150F-419C-A888-2FAF78204688.jpeg.9cdb7fbb35d169d8e372c3e825dedd4a.jpeg

Followed up this afternoon with wildflower seed planting while snow flurries fell before the main event arrives Monday and Tuesday; 8” - 14” of snow.  As you can tell, technique is everything when planting seed on Mother’s Day. 😁

IMG_0395.MOV 3.69 MB · 1 download

Bravo Stumble!  Gorgeous meals,  beautiful flowers and action video!  🥰

• Thanks 1

can't fault Stumble's sowing skills, see herb garden below

spent more on this setup than a year's worth of herbs + a couple orders of Penzey's spices 🙃

herbs.jpg.05475aa66642e9f5f2d6e733f76a9a0e.jpg

pic is a few days old... a few more have popped up but I hate thinning...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For Mother's Day brunch we had cheese, onion and sun-dried tomato muffins (we were out of jalapeños) and an onion board made with an extra pizza dough.  Very nice with mimosas on the outside porch.  There were many more muffins originally.  Our daughter is here from California; we have not seen her in a year and a half!  Happy Mother's Day.

20210509_115615.thumb.jpg.d271c50fadf4511b1b2647814e0f2fe2.jpg

And, we seem to have forgotten to post this photo of a pizza from last week.

20210426_190916_001.thumb.jpg.aaa7ea335a2c37f1e2c0874f97d95f21.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

...and an onion board made with an extra pizza dough.

Food looks fantastic!  Love the onion board idea.  So cool!

Enjoy every moment with your daughter!  I can only imagine how joyful a time it must be to have her home with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

For Mother's Day brunch we had cheese, onion and sun-dried tomato muffins (we were out of jalapeños) and an onion board made with an extra pizza dough.  Very nice with mimosas on the outside porch.  There were many more muffins originally.  Our daughter is here from California; we have not seen her in a year and a half!  Happy Mother's Day.

Flying, food looks amazing!  And even more amazing is a visit from your daughter!  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Good morning, your food looks delicious and what a wonderful way to have spent your Mother's Day😀 it must be fantastic to be with your daughter again!  I saw some videos over the weekend of families coming together and it was amazing............so happy for you.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

IT has started about 5-hours early.  If it keeps up this pace, look out, we may get more than 18”.  Snow blower is standing by.

IMG_5922.MOV

WOW!  That's a lot of white stuff!  My sympathy Stumble!  We have sun and 15C here now!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

IT has started about 5-hours early.  If it keeps up this pace, look out, we may get more than 18”.  Snow blower is standing by.

Looks so pretty! Better there than here, though. Hope it melts quickly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, silkismom said:

We've had pea soup fog until about 10min. ago, snow supposed to be on the way.

It's so surprising to think you'll get snow at your altitude.  Typically, you are safe by now.  Big bummer!

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Deep Despair?????  😪

Pretty much until we get past Memorial Day on May 31.

12 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

It's so surprising to think you'll get snow at your altitude.  Typically, you are safe by now.  Big bummer!

Stumble I cannot in good consciousness like your post.  We need a weeping and gnashing of teeth button.   I would be running screaming into the streets if I had to deal with your snow at this point in May!  😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

Richmond enjoying a different type of white May.  But I do sympathize Stumbles et al

656173009_clematis051021.jpg.228e77a0e6d64e27e681ee5e01f0a432.jpg

The clematis are spectacular this year, maybe cause the weather is cooler this spring?

Beautiful Que!  And much easier to hit the like button! 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Not sure where you are at but I live at about 9000 ft. and my ski runs have been receiving snow today too.

11 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

sometimes I fear for old white guys like me, but this lifted my spirits

(do you remember sloop john b?)

(119) Fisherman's Friends - Sloop John B (Live at Cambridge Folk Festival 2011) - YouTube 

The Cambridge folk festival sounds like an awesome event!

I remember in Bangladesh I joined a "male choir" to raise money for street kids in Dhaka .The John b sloop was one of our repertoire during our never to be repeated one off performance. However to make us sound better it was deemed necessary that we performed by candlelight in a squash court - apparently the acoustics covered up many of our faults. It's a real feel good song and we loved it regardless of how we sounded.

• Like 2