Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

From the AP/USA Today earlier this week, they had this headline: “Venice, Budapest crashes renew debate on cruise ship safety, calls to restrict ships in Venice”  with these story highlights: “Cruise industry officials long insisted that ship accidents wouldn't happen in Venice's busy Giudecca Canal, saying guiding tugboats and technology ensured safety.  The 65,500-ton cruise ship that crashed into a much smaller riverboat docked along the canal on Sunday proved them wrong.  Italy's transport minister ordered the head of the Venice port to Rome on Monday to discuss the accident, while Venice's mayor called for rerouting the cruise ships from the heart of the fragile lagoon city, if not from the lagoon itself.  But environmental campaigners say the only legitimate response is an immediate ban on cruise ships from entering the lagoon. They allege that officials have dragged their feet on addressing the environmental and safety dangers of cruise liners in the seven years since the Costa Concordia capsized off the Tuscan coast, killing 32 passengers and crew members.”

Interesting article and questions??!!  I had kind of forgotten about that terrible Costa Concordia accident/tragedy affecting Italy so directly.  This article also update about the river boat . . . "in Budapest after colliding with a river cruise ship, leaving 10 people dead and another 18 missing."

Full story at:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2019/06/04/venice-budapest-cruise-ship-crashes-renew-debate-safety-danube/1338126001/

THANKS!   Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 83,282 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Hi friends.......I went to see RocketMan yesterday and it was REALLY GOOD:classic_biggrin:......I highly recommend it, especially if you are an Elton John fan:classic_smile:

And  hope all of you have  A

Image result for happy sunday images

Mysty those are wise words, I will follow the advice.

Lois, I am keen to see Rocket Man so thanks for the recommendation. I ended up doing a whole lot of cooking on my Sunday...empanadas, mini meatloaves and Chicken Adobe...but now my fridge is full for a short while. Adult sons will demolish the food quickly though.

I saw this news clip about a Mummy koala seeing her baby out of her pouch today for the first time and thought you all might like it. It was in a sanctuary just outside of Sydney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFv0ylkyl9U

Julie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Lois, I am keen to see Rocket Man so thanks for the recommendation. I ended up doing a whole lot of cooking on my Sunday...empanadas, mini meatloaves and Chicken Adobe...but now my fridge is full for a short while. Adult sons will demolish the food quickly though.

I saw this news clip about a Mummy koala seeing her baby out of her pouch today for the first time and thought you all might like it. It was in a sanctuary just outside of Sydney.

Julie

Julie, 2 things......the movie was very well done and he had a really horrible Father:classic_sad:

And...that video is AWESOME:classic_biggrin:.......that baby is  sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Julie

Thanks for the video link Julie!  What a wonderful happening!  🙂  

46 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Julie

Appreciate these continued smart, fun and wise funnies from Mysty.  YES, have heard very good feed-back about the Rocket Man movie.  Have that on the to-do list.  

Super excellent koala video.  Showed it to my wife.  So warm, charming and wonderful with the mother and baby creatures. Nice sharing!! 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,040 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Hi from Portland airport! We are celebrating #24 today with some Delta SkyClub food and wine...cheapo me, lol!

It was of course a flurry of activity this weekend and we will have to look at pictures to remember where we were. Saturday we drove the river gorge all day and did a bunch of hikes. Yesterday was wine tasting - all day. It was hard work but we held up.

This morning we wandered the city from about 5:30 and saw a few sights. Very pretty gardens and nice mountain views. We get home at midnight and back to work tomorrow. Ugh. It will be a real challenge! 

PS I put the Ukraine pictures up on SmugMug Friday before we left. Portland will take a little more time. 

Edited by jpalbny

Thanks all! It was exhausting but fun. A view of Mt. Hood from the first leg of the flight home. It was so clear the last two days! The view was stunning. 

20190610_144615.thumb.jpg.7308ee5ad7689abfef03a6028bc52ab0.jpg

The internet here on the plane is faster than on Silversea, I gather...  😉

• Like 3

Happy Anniversary JP and Mrs JP. 

‘Hope all are well. 

Watched Crazy Rich Asians last night and couldn’t help think about you Jeff. Hope you’re well.

interesting visit to the hotel of the Lagonda club yesterday, some beautiful old cars there. 

Filmed on a combination of my osmo pocket and trying out my new insta 360, my new favourite toy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2019 at 7:20 AM, Lois R said:

Hi friends.......I went to see RocketMan yesterday and it was REALLY GOOD:classic_biggrin:......I highly recommend it, especially if you are an Elton John fan:classic_smile:

Will be viewing RocketMan later today.  Will report back as to how we like it.  Or, if Lois needs to refund us our admission costs.  Have always enjoyed Elton's music and his avoidance for being too boring.  

Congrats to Chris and J.P.!!!  Super nice view of Mt. Hood by J.P. from the airplane.  Our 47th Anniversary is coming up next Monday.  Will be in the Washington, DC area during that time.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 45,836 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337