Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi JP....they look so different (in a good way).  They have 2 Barges that do 2 different Scottish Itineraries.  I am looking at them. Will let you know if it comes to fruition.

• Like 1

Hi folks. Is UKCruiseJeff around? In a different thread on WC19 he offered to provide some recommendations on Singapore restaurants for when we were next there. We'll be at the Conrad for 4 nights in mid-August so I am hoping he can make some suggestions nearby or further afield. Many thanks.

Congrats M. And Canada.

My poor brother. He just moved back from Denmark to the US. Quite a tumble in the rankings...

Turtlemichael, we haven't seen Jeff in a bit; think he's taking a break (hope all is OK). But I suspect he pops in here and there, and hopefully he will see your post and reply.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!    Happy Canada Day!  152 years young!  And to blow our own horn.....

YES, Happy Canada Day!!  This July 1 holiday is easy for me to remember as it is also my wife's birthday.  Happy Birthday to her, but I won't reveal that number.   In 2002, on July 1, we entered Canada and received a pin with the national flag as we were headed to Waterton National Park.  In just 15 days, we will back in Canada as we arrive in Calgary to start our "adventure", for our first time, seeing Jasper/Banff, doing the Western Canada Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, having three days in Vancouver, then sailing up to Alaska, doing a post-cruise excursion to Denali, etc.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Just wanted to offer "CHEERS" for the USA Women's World Cup team advancing to the finals on Sunday.  Sorry for England's loss.  But, our women's team has done very well and we will watch to see this exciting championship game.  

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 222,458 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

It's been a very good Women's World Cup. It seems like, slowly, the European teams are catching up to the USA but its clear to see there is still quite a gulf between the US and the rest of the world. 

The best thing is showing girls that they can be taken seriously in what is traditionally seen as a male sport. Indeed, the skill levels of such as Rapinoe, Bronze, Morgan et al would not disgrace the men's game.

There is also a female Six Nations rugby tournament that shadows the men's event. Some very skilful women playing rugby now, too. 

So good to see sport opening doors. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

It's been a very good Women's World Cup. It seems like, slowly, the European teams are catching up to the USA but its clear to see there is still quite a gulf between the US and the rest of the world. The best thing is showing girls that they can be taken seriously in what is traditionally seen as a male sport. Indeed, the skill levels of such as Rapinoe, Bronze, Morgan et al would not disgrace the men's game.  There is also a female Six Nations rugby tournament that shadows the men's event. Some very skilful women playing rugby now, too. So good to see sport opening doors. 

Appreciate this very good summary, comments and follow-up from our UK friend regarding the advances in women's sports. YES!  YES!!  This is also the start for the tennis action at Wimbledon and the women seem to get more attention and better ratings at this tennis classic. Great sharing!!

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 236,320 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi Mysty, thanks so much.

Normally, this is supposed to be a "NON PARTISAN" holiday.....just a good day...….family, bbqs, fireworks...….but this year? Not so much:classic_rolleyes::classic_sad::classic_unsure:

But from this gal to all of you...…….

Image result for Happy July 4th

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I’m in the wrong job ☹️

4FCD355D-3777-490C-AFE3-D1DE67972282.jpeg

If you are in the wrong job, I am right there with you...………..

Off yesterday, then work today.....now it is the weekend:classic_biggrin:

Well, looks like we have a young phenom in Tennis...…….Coco Gauff won again today!:classic_biggrin:......I didn't see the match but I think they are showing it again tonight...…(I hope).  From the highlights, she was down 2 match points and saved them both!!!!

Lois, it was a really weird dynamic with the Thursday holiday. We took full advantage though.

We went out for a nice dinner Wednesday night then walked to a local park for a production of "In The Heights" which was quite enjoyable. This company has been putting on free plays every summer for 31 years. I am embarrassed to reveal that I went to the first year's play back in 1989 when I was in Medical School. I have been in Albany too long!

Thursday we relaxed at home for most of the day before heading into Albany for dinner, then we walked to the Empire State Plaza for the fireworks. Made for a late night, so 5AM came early today, but we managed to survive work. Now, off for the weekend!

• Like 1