Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

Right window as you face the front of the plane.  I'll stand in the back yard and watch for you DW.  Maybe even wave a bright red Silversea sarong we got in Papeete.  🙂

7 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Oh you tease! Is the front the pointy end?

Ha Ha Ha DW!  You ain't seen nothing yet!  🙂  As far as I know there are no seats facing the rear of the plane.  Seated you are facing front!  And please don't lean over the poor passengers who may be seated in seats E, F or G!

We've had to go cattle! Turning left was sold out (not that Airtransat is turning sharp left. Got extra trotter slots but still cattle. I'm taking me wet wipes in me carry on so you'll have to wave at the middle of the plane unfortunately. I'll douse meself in Ferragamo in the duty free just in case me fellow economy travellers are from Grimsby. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mysty said:

And I should add that I am not a saint!  Myster can vouch for that🙂

He's not on cruise critic so we wouldn't believe him. 😉

Davey isn't used to large land masses, is he? Canada is a bit wider than Great Britain... 

Unfortunately the direct route from Manchester to Vancouver will take him over Greenland and Baffin Island then the Northwest Territories before they finally turn south in Alberta. No chance of flying anywhere near Ottawa. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Unfortunately the direct route from Manchester to Vancouver will take him over Greenland and Baffin Island then the Northwest Territories before they finally turn south in Alberta. No chance of flying anywhere near Ottawa. 

Thanks JP!  I guess I'll put away my red Silversea sarong then.  Pity!  I don't know when I'll get to use it again.  🙂 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, NYadgal said:

Hello to all who have shared so much wonderful information in this 'thread'.

I'm new to these message boards, have sailed with SS before - and will be sailing again (Baltic) this July.

However, the reason that I read through all 48 pages of this topic is because I'm confirmed for the 2020 World Cruise - and am beside myself with excitement.

Reading all of your 'tips' for organizing, packing and getting a sense of the social atmosphere onboard has been extraordinarily helpful.  (And, yes, I realize each cruise is different, but I think the major themes that were discussed here can be applied broadly).

Thanks to all for the enjoyable read.  It sounds like you all had a wonderful time, and I can't wait for my departure in 2020!

(ps - grateful for any advice anyone would like to share!)

Best,

"NYadgal"   (Call me 'Addy')  

Hi Addy, we had never sailed Silversea or been on a  World Cruise before completing the 2019 Tale of Tales cruise. All I can say is that you are in for a treat above anything you can imagine. Unbelievable crew, passengers, excursions, special events, food and drink and it seems to get better and better. Loved Musty and Mister and all the CC Team. We aren't cruises as such but would do this again in a heartbeat.

Mysty will faint when she sees I have made a contribution. Well done Mysty.

Have a great time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lifesgreat said:

Mysty will faint when she sees I have made a contribution. Well done Mysty.

Lifesgreat....It took you long enough!  🙂  Thanks for chiming in!  It was a pleasure to sail with you and Mrs. Lifesgreat!

3 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Hehe JP. I Had heard that Canada was quite large. I'll wave anyway M, Shame about the Sarong. Have you not got any parties coming up where you could wheel it out?

DW...It's not quite the attire for our limited social action here at home.  The sarong will have to bide its time until the next cruise to warm temps.  DW, yes please wave and I will wave virtually back at you!  🙂  

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Lifesgreat....It took you long enough!  🙂  Thanks for chiming in!  It was a pleasure to sail with you and Mrs. Lifesgreat!

Back at ya Musty. I do hope we can catch up again as we really enjoyed your company. I clearly remember a number of get togethers but especially the night with Pat and Mona in The Restaurant (OR Terazza, Remember the company but hazy on the venue)

• Like 1

Beautiful pix, M. And yes, autocorrect does not like mysty very much!

See the suggested change as I was typing this post... I had to add you to the dictionary to stop it from auto-correcting!

Screenshot_20190607-065615_Chrome.thumb.jpg.973e5b5284c98095b609327cdd3bcdcc.jpg

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Beautiful pix, M. And yes, autocorrect does not like mysty very much!

See the suggested change as I was typing this post... I had to add you to the dictionary to stop it from auto-correcting!

Screenshot_20190607-065615_Chrome.thumb.jpg.973e5b5284c98095b609327cdd3bcdcc.jpg

JP,  I have to say that I would prefer "mystery" to "musty".  🙂  Just saying!  And I do appreciate that you added "mysty" to the dictionary!  Thank You!

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 5:56 AM, AJAX4444 said:

Did anyone manage to get any photographs or video of the entertainment at the KWV Cathedral Wine Cellar on the 17th? I believe it was the Tygerberg Children's Chior and the young soprano, Amira - thnks, Alan

Hi Alan!  I did take a short video and was unable to upload on the cruise.  Hopefully it will work here.....

• Like 2

Komodo Island......Myster's excursion to see the Komodo Dragons.  I did not go.  My relationship with things that bite is primarily one of avoidance.  My legs are short and my top running speed is slightly faster than a turtle (I'm built for comfort not for speed 🙂 ).  My preference for viewing these creatures (if I must) is with long range binoculars.

From sail in...

DSC05787.JPG.359c1e329444cd9aa6c25e19752a902a.JPG

DSC05791.JPG.10c9206e42a692f9e8cdf3019b3cefd2.JPG

The island.....

DSC05796.JPG.46413b6842384883de54a8416123ef5c.JPG

DSC05806.JPG.39b766bbd61e18477581dd4e92c38d08.JPG

The Dragons.....

DSC05825.JPG.d417a49d80f2bfab61fa278fa0942510.JPG

DSC05827.JPG.7f7844e5b135c188710e26db79210b82.JPG