Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

Still... beautiful pix, mysty! Loved Seville from our visit there about 10 years ago. We had to take the train from Cadiz (I think the port in Seville is a rather recent development). Luckily we met up with another couple from the ship who were doing the same thing and they took us under their wing - they were fluent in Spanish, handled everything, and we had a fantastic time. Would love to go back.

• Like 1

Last night Myster and I went on the Flamenco Evening with Dinner excursion.  Wonderful!  First stop was the Plaza de Espana.

DSC07909.JPG.780f799c48a6ee6ab730c7313c9bea7e.JPG

DSC07910.JPG.a87a160e9c8edb6a6343289588660103.JPG

DSC07920.JPG.75116c59b8e9325cc2f372ad5d9219e2.JPG

Then it was on to the Flamenco Show.....

DSC07929.JPG.726e75700a6856f037e55d722a055649.JPG

The performers were phenomenal!  Poured heart and soul into their singing, dancing and music!  The meal was delicious!  A great excursion!

• Like 1

Your pictures of Plaza de Espana are gorgeous, mysty. Real postcard shots! Have been there once in the relatively early morning hours, without the crowds, so I agree with Stumblefoot.

What are your plans for Lisboa?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Your pictures of Plaza de Espana are gorgeous, mysty. Real postcard shots! Have been there once in the relatively early morning hours, without the crowds, so I agree with Stumblefoot.

What are your plans for Lisboa?

Thanks for your kind comments on the photos JP!  We have a tour booked for Lisboa.....Tastes of Lisbon & Classical Tram.  This is our first time in this port and this tour seemed to offer a reasonable snap shot.

Safe travels home Wellseasoneds and Emtbsams!  It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and to sail with you.  Safe travels home to all who are leaving the Lady Whisper tomorrow.

• Like 1

Today at 4:00 pm in the Panorama Lounge there was a slide show of photos taken by our fellow guests and by the delightful crew from this World Cruise.  Some very gifted photographers have been traveling with us.  Wonderful photos!  Kudos and many thanks to Tracy Fleming for putting together this awesome presentation!  Her hard work has rewarded us all!

• Like 1

Today Myster and I did a ship excursion entitled "Tastes Of Lisbon & Classical Tram".  We thoroughly enjoyed it!  It began with a drive through the city to board the classic wooden tram built in the 1930's which would take us on a tour while we sipped port and tasted a local pastry known as 'Pasteis de nata de Belem', which is served by waiters clad in traditional Portuguese costume.

Photos from this part of the excursion.....

DSC07982.JPG.07a276d69d4949c3665f0de12fa5ef40.JPG

DSC07996.JPG.3bbe5ae7e9601e035738bbc2859e4ae0.JPG

From the church at Jeronimos Monastery.....

DSC08025.JPG.69a63c5de4afd7d6aafcd7103d16acea.JPG

Belem Tower.....

Capture.JPG.c84818ce5461deba1c62dc764a0fbb46.JPG

Monument to the Discoveries.....

DSC08067.JPG

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1

I seem to operate on a different photographic timetable from most others here so I've skipped back to Casablanca.  Well, actually Rabat where we had a great outing. I was surprised how nice the city was.  Pictures are from the Roman ruins, the Casbah and the mausoleum of King Mohammed V of Morocco with its ceremonial guard.

RAB1.JPG

RAB3.JPG

RAB5.JPG

RAB8.JPG

RAB9.JPG

RAB10.JPG

RAB13.JPG

RAB17.JPG

RAB18.JPG

RAB20.JPG

• Like 4

Musty & Turtlemichael  - great pics.  I thought the pictures in Tracy’s slide show to be spectacular.  It’s been an amazing cruise, great people, excellent food with wonderful ports and excursions.  Although we could have done without some of the African ports - more so on the west coast although some on the east coast were not so good.  Hard to be believe it’s only a week to go.

Edited by DCCruiser57
  • Like 2

For those of us that have followed along on the World Voyage, we too will miss the excitement of living the cruise vicariously. 

Thanks to all of you for taking us on your journey. Enjoy the final week. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

For those of us that have followed along on the World Voyage, we too will miss the excitement of living the cruise vicariously. 

Thanks to all of you for taking us on your journey. Enjoy the final week. 

+1

• Like 1

The final countdown has begun!  I echo DCC's comments and add an exclamation mark!

A photo of the Belem Tower from the sea as we sailed out of Lisbon.

DSC08077.JPG

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1

I too will be so disappointed to see this cruise end. The commentary and pictures have been spectacular. Thank goodness that I leave for vacation on Friday - otherwise I would be in serious holiday withdrawal.

Enjoy the last segment, mysty et al, and thanks for taking us along in such fine fashion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Thank goodness that I leave for vacation on Friday - otherwise I would be in serious holiday withdrawal.

Have a wonderful vacation JP and Mrs JP!

As things are winding down for this adventure I would like to thank all the lovely folks who took the time to post here!  Also many thanks to the folks who followed along on this journey!  It has been a glorious ride!

• Like 4

I have really enjoyed this thread, and actually all the recent cruise reports, and thank you all for taking the time to post.   We’re in a bit of a cruise drought right now and I’m suffering withdrawal.   As I type Mrs K is on her way back from Carlisle, Pennsylvania where she attended an orientation seminar for the Army War College.  COL Wes would understand but for the rest that is the US Army’s senior school for selected Army officers and a few senior Army civilians.   Bottom line for her is that it is in her case, since she opted for distance learning, it is a two year grind leading a graduate degree.   No guarantees but without this degree her chances of making the civilian equivalent of general are slim to now.   The result of course is we aren’t going anywhere soon on an extended vacation.  I will say I mentioned I could always cruise and send her reports......that garnered THE LOOK.   😳  So I’m in virtual cruise mode and love seeing reports from familiar places, ships, and the occasional crew and staff face.  Keep it up!   

• Like 2

Hi Mysty,:classic_smile: I have not posted on here lately at all...……...as usual the photos are wonderful and enjoying see them.:classic_smile:

Hi Randy, good to see you:classic_smile:

Hi JP!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1