Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Hi,

We were on the Journey for the March 25 sailing from Miami to New York via Cuba, ABCs, etc. This was our first sailing on Azamara and we loved it - working on a review and I'll post that link when it's published. I wanted to pass on a few things while that's in progress:

1. The coffee table has a lever under it (see photo) that allows you to change the height - from level with the sofa (traditional coffee table height) to high enough to sit with your knees under it (for room service).

2. The lamps by the bed have a USB socket on the bottom that you can use for charging things.

3. The AC receptacle at the desk is slightly recessed, which prevents the use of some of the power strips some people take.

4. I've posted our photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snjnova/collections/72157690907481133/ - this includes not only photos of the port stops, our cabin, food, and the ship, but also scans of the daily schedules and most of the Discoveries menus.

jg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1355b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jgnova said:

4. I've posted our photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/snjnova/collections/72157690907481133/ - this includes not only photos of the port stops, our cabin, food, and the ship, but also scans of the daily schedules and most of the Discoveries menus.

Thank you jgnova.  The photos are great and so well organized!

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Another topic has been started asking about how much room there is under the bed for luggage, so I thought it was worth repeating here that there is a lot of room under the bed for your luggage, including room for large hard suitcases.

Club World and Club Ocean suites are exceptions to this, although there is space elsewhere in the suites for luggage.

From the posts elsewhere on this board and confirmed by Bonnie you can ask to be served something not on the MDR or speciality restaurant menu but should ideally make that request via one of the maitre ds the day ahead. 

Edited by uktog

43 minutes ago, uktog said:

From the posts elsewhere on this board and confirmed by Bonnie you can ask to be served something not on the MDR or speciality restaurant menu but should ideally make that request via one of the maitre ds the day ahead. 

To whom should you make the request?

3 hours ago, ZZZ51 said:

Hello ,

I don"t understand Xpress Pass and Bording Pass is the same thing with a different name ?

Thanks for the reply.:classic_smile:

Azamara have just changed over - the piece of paper you used to have to take with you was called the Xpress Pass, the new one is different and is called a Boarding Pass - bits serve the same function.

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Azamara have just changed over - the piece of paper you used to have to take with you was called the Xpress Pass, the new one is different and is called a Boarding Pass - bits serve the same function.

Now I'm not looking for what doesn't exist , thank You :classic_love:

As a first-timer (on Azamara), what is the latest one can disembark the ship at the end of the voyage?

We will be disembarking in Vancouver, and staying an additional night before flying home.  We would like to hang about on the ship as long as possible, since early access to our hotel cannot (will not) be assured, at this time.

Does category of stateroom come into play? Also due to many Celebrity cruises, we are Discoverer Plus status - if that matters.

Thank you,

NRayH

17 minutes ago, Ray in NH said:

As a first-timer (on Azamara), what is the latest one can disembark the ship at the end of the voyage?

We will be disembarking in Vancouver, and staying an additional night before flying home.  We would like to hang about on the ship as long as possible, since early access to our hotel cannot (will not) be assured, at this time.

Does category of stateroom come into play? Also due to many Celebrity cruises, we are Discoverer Plus status - if that matters.

Thank you,

NRayH

9:30 is usual last departure.  Loyalty status or stateroom category doesn't matter.  In a few ports you can stay through lunch for a fee but it's a function of local customs and immigration.  Most ports want everyone off by a certain time.

4 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

9:30 is usual last departure.  Loyalty status or stateroom category doesn't matter.  In a few ports you can stay through lunch for a fee but it's a function of local customs and immigration.  Most ports want everyone off by a certain time.

Thank you.  Not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but "it is, what it is".

NRayH

As the link to the Tips spreadsheet is not on this page I thought I’d just post it again https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE

Here’s the link to the same spreadsheet in a PDF version 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lndojfzf72nm0b3/Tips for Azamara Newbies.pdf?dl=0

35 minutes ago, ausi ski bum said:

What is an LCV Cruise I noticed our second cruise of our B2B Japan to Vancouver is a LCV cruise but no idea what that means.

Once a year Azamara has a cruise they advertise as a Le Club Voyage (LCV) Cruise.  LCV is Azamara’s loyalty club. LCV cruises are described on this page on their web site https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/exclusive-lcv-annual-voyage

Basically they have various special events and offer special excursions (at a cost). I think the CEO, Larry Pimental, will be on this year’s LCV cruise in Alaska.

My husband drinks loads and loads of coffee and virtually nothing else.  Is there a kettle in the cabins please?

is there enough room in the room fridge for a bottle of fizz please?

Are face cloths provided please?

Thank you. 

45 minutes ago, Werangels said:

My husband drinks loads and loads of coffee and virtually nothing else.  Is there a kettle in the cabins please?

is there enough room in the room fridge for a bottle of fizz please?

Are face cloths provided please?

Thank you. 

Are face cloths provided please?      Yes

Kettles --no on North American cruises

Fridge--you may have to take stuff out.

32 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

Are face cloths provided please?      Yes

Kettles --no on North American cruises

Fridge--you may have to take stuff out.

Thank you.  

It’s a European cruise.  If kettles aren’t provided, are you allowed to bring a travel kettle?

1 hour ago, Werangels said:

Thank you.  

It’s a European cruise.  If kettles aren’t provided, are you allowed to bring a travel kettle?

I don't know, but I have only been on two Azamara cruises, Ft.Lauderdale and San Diego.  There are people who have been on 40 or more Azamara cruises who post here.  Did you access the spreadsheet?