Missed the date to book Princess Transfers?

asingl

I'm arriving in Heathrow on September 10th and needed to get a transfer for Southampton. I tried looking in the cruise personalizer now to book a Transfer bus for two people, and I don't see the option to do that anymore. I'm nothing short of a full panic attack. What can I do in this situation? Is it possible to call them and still set up a Transfer?

How else do people get from London to Southampton.

I just booked it myself online. Should I just call the normal Princess hotline?

Yes, but I'd probably wait until Monday morning. I don't think you'll have a problem booking. You did check under Travel Arrangements on your booking?

Have a great cruise :) !

Agree with the rest, only call Princess on normal work days and business hours to get a real answer and not one someone read off their computer screen. I have been able to get what I needed when talking to Princess during normal business hours.

I'm arriving in Heathrow on September 10th and needed to get a transfer for Southampton. I tried looking in the cruise personalizer now to book a Transfer bus for two people, and I don't see the option to do that anymore. I'm nothing short of a full panic attack. What can I do in this situation? Is it possible to call them and still set up a Transfer?

Many experienced travelers use car services such as Smith’s or west quay cars. We find them more convenient and depending on the port less expensive. I used Smith’s in July for Gatwick and th service was superb. I would not panic.

Well, some take the train, some take the national bus, some book private transfers, etc.

Us, we have our cousin take us from central London to Southampton..... There's options besides the Princess transfer...

It looks like you are flying into London on the day of the cruise?? I would either book private transfer (Smiths is a great company) or call Princess and hopefully they can book the transfer for you.

Maybe things have improved but when we arrived at Heathrow in June, the passport control line for non EU citizens took us over an hour and a half (make sure to visit the rest room before getting in line!). On top of being tired from the overnight flight and waiting in a long line, you don’t have any wiggle room and I wouldn’t chance trying to figure out public transportation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

There is a lot of discussion about this in the Roll Call for this cruise https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497799&page=90 Link is to last page of the Roll Call.

Tom

Back when Princess occasionally sailed out of Texas we found they closed airport to ship transfer 2-3 weeks prior to the departure date. They had to contract buses for the hour or so ride to the ship and established a deadline to book them to allow them to set that up. We booked so late that we couldn’t use their transfer and had to arrange for an independent transfer.

This is the only instance we’ve run into this.

We have family in Southampton so go there regularly from Heathrow, cruising or otherwise. We always use "English Rose" and have used them four times now. My daughter's company always used them and she recommended. Great price, easy to email, easy to book online. Never had a problem. They'll be there waiting for you. http://englishrosecollection.co.uk/