1 balcony (for 4) vs. 1 balcony (for 2) + 1 inside (for 2)?

I checked the prices for a future cruise for a family of 4 (3 adults + 1 kid).

1 balcony for 4 guests: $2433

1 balcony for 2 + 1 inside for 2: $2318 (2 rooms are about 20 yrd apart on same deck)

With 2 rooms, we will have 2 bathrooms + more space. Anything that I should be concerned about before committing?

I checked the prices for a future cruise for a family of 4 (3 adults + 1 kid).

1 balcony for 4 guests: $2433

1 balcony for 2 + 1 inside for 2: $2318 (2 rooms are about 20 yrd apart on same deck)

With 2 rooms, we will have 2 bathrooms + more space. Anything that I should be concerned about before committing?

absolutely the way to go

My family would balk because we all love the balcony and feel claustrophobic in the inside rooms. We aren’t in our rooms for much more than sleep and shower, so we don’t mind being together. The extra space would be nice (especially for bags) but arguing about inside wouldn’t be worth it to me

We booked for 4 (myself, my husband, DD15 and DS12) in two OV balcony connecting rooms for our cruise on Allure this coming April. It was less expensive then to put 4 of us in one OV balcony. The one perk for us besides extra room is that My husband can get the drink package without the rest of us having to buy any package. The kids will be fine with water and lemonade. I am fine with water, hot tea, and just one or two drinks for the week.

Also each room got $225 in OBC. So beats just getting a credit on one room.

Looking forward to not being on top of each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by falynrayn

My family would balk because we all love the balcony and feel claustrophobic in the inside rooms. We aren’t in our rooms for much more than sleep and shower, so we don’t mind being together. The extra space would be nice (especially for bags) but arguing about inside wouldn’t be worth it to me

I was thinking the same thing. OP, have you posed your question to the people that would be in the inside cabin? They might feel differently than most of those answering your question.

If you opt for the two rooms, you will appreciate the additional space you will have. Plus, the extra bathroom is so necessary, especially when everyone wants the shower at dinner time. Meet up together on the balcony for breakfast, or to share a nightcap later.

I don't see the problem. Put the non-paying people in the inside room. I do it every trip.

We spend a ton of time in the room hanging around. Just because I am on a ship does not mean I have to be doing something 24/7.

I'm OP. We are 2 parents + 13 yo (RCL charges as adult) + 8 yo. I'll be the one who sleeps in inside. So cabin arrangement is no issue.

the only issue that I read so far is different muster station, which should not be an issue. How about dining reservation?

I'm OP. We are 2 parents + 13 yo (RCL charges as adult) + 8 yo. I'll be the one who sleeps in inside. So cabin arrangement is no issue.

the only issue that I read so far is different muster station, which should not be an issue. How about dining reservation?

We have two separate reservation numbers for our two rooms. Myself and DD15 in one room and my husband DS12 in the other room. But we have connecting rooms. So on paper it will say one thing...sleeping arrangements will be Different.

We have MTD but I have made reservations for first night as well as the two formal nights. I just went into My Cruise Planner under my reservation number to make the reservation. It asks if you want to invite another reservation...so I just put in my husbands reservation number and I was allowed to make dinner reservations for the 4 of us.