$1.00 deposit sale?

Camelia-

I know that Princess has "regular" sales which they repeat each year (like the Sip's Sail) but is the $1.00 deposit one of those or was it a one time sale which likely won't be repeated? Just curious and hopeful!

Camelia

I have seen it a couple of times but never took advantage......

It may be repeated but for those with FCD's is meaningless.

I know that Princess has "regular" sales which they repeat each year (like the Sip's Sail) but is the $1.00 deposit one of those or was it a one time sale which likely won't be repeated? Just curious and hopeful!

Camelia

It comes up, intermittently. Last spring, I booked a cruise for the two of us in 2019 with a $2 deposit. As the previous poster indicates, I was unable to use some Future Cruise Deposits that I had. The real attraction for me on that promotion was not the $1 deposit but, rather, $1000 in on-board credit. I still have over a year and a half left to use the FCDs.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that $1 deposit promotions will come back, but, probably, not for a while.

Booked two cruises (B2B) well over a year ago for next April and May under the $1 deposit sale. Not much of a promotion. Then, took advantage of the Sip ‘n Sail and for $100 more, upgraded from inside to balcony, exchanged the beverage package for $300 OBC on each cruise for a total of $600. Much better sale. The most recent Sip ‘n Sail, you couldn’t exchange for OBC. To me, that sale would have been almost worthless. Just booked a cruise under the 3 for Free sale.

Thanks for your insights. Of course..as you say..it's not only about the deposit..it's about what comes with it in terms of perks..like that nice chunk of OBC! Also, Pam, as you pointed out..when you book so far in advance it's nice to have that placeholder in terms of your pick of cabin and then wait to see if you can sweeten the deal and still keep your preferred location. I would imagine that over a year there are a number of possibilities to increase OBC or add other perks which weren't available with your initial booking.

I know that many people just book a cruise and forget about it till it's time to leave but really..as we all know...that is a shame and wasted opportunity if a nice promotion comes along which they could have taken advantage of!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for the $1 to return..I'm out of FCDs right now..should have bought more!!

Be careful. I have read that if you book with the $1 deposit and cancel, you’re charged $100 or the regular deposit. Always read the fine print.

please post where you 'read that'...

we booked a $1 deposit cruise - cancelled it right before the final payment date ( about a month ago now )...and the random Princess rep transferred the $2 as a payment on our SKY cruise...

jess sprayin'..;p

Be careful. I have read that if you book with the $1 deposit and cancel, you’re charged $100 or the regular deposit. Always read the fine print.[/quote

Not true. We never cancelled all they did was refund the 2.00 when final payment wasn't made.

Be careful. I have read that if you book with the $1 deposit and cancel, you’re charged $100 or the regular deposit. Always read the fine print.

It is not true. I cancelled 2 recently and there was nothing to charge the $100 towards.

Camelia

Besides the spring one this year they had one around Thanksgiving last year.....not sure if it was on Black Friday or the following Monday.....also....we had to cancel one and the $2.00 was refunded to our credit card.....:)

Camelia

Usually 1x a year.

In Oct 2017 we booked Feb 2018 sailing under $1 deposit promo that also included free grats
We did too. We did not have any future Cruise deposits for the first time, so we ended up thinking that was the best deal. Unfortunately it also left much more cruise to be paid off whereas at least the future Cruise deposits we would have knocked a few hundred dollars off the top.

$1 deposit sale buys you the option to lock up your price and cabin without the need to put down hundreds of dollar up front. If you see a better deal later, you can always price match or rebook. 3 For Free is only available for cruises that sail after spring 2019.

It doesn’t sound like a true sale though if it doesn’t lower your final price. Wouldn’t 3 for free (especially when one of the freebies is free gratuities) be better?
On our cruise for 2019 our deposit was $1140. If you don't have that or FCD it can hurt. The sale did come with some OBC. and depending on what you are booking yes, 3 for free can Be better. But they also always have to have a sale running.