Embarkation Letter

MixerDave

Sailing on Reflection on 11/5. The ship will be returning from sailing abroad and will undergo Customs and Immigration inspections, as well as a full Coast Guard inspection.

We are sailing in concierge class, which is supposed to have a special boarding area. Celebrity is advising we check in between 12:30 and 3:00 because of limited seating. Will that affect us, or are they simply trying to spread out the load?

Yesthey are trying to spread out the process and yes it could affect you. There is a dedicated check in line for Cocncierge. There is also one for Suites. and for Aqua. And for Elite. There is a pecking order and Concierge is just one of the classes that get a special line but sometimes those with no status at all have the shortest line, so go figure

Sailing on Reflection on 11/5. The ship will be returning from sailing abroad and will undergo Customs and Immigration inspections, as well as a full Coast Guard inspection.

We are sailing in concierge class, which is supposed to have a special boarding area. Celebrity is advising we check in between 12:30 and 3:00 because of limited seating. Will that affect us, or are they simply trying to spread out the load?

Crowd control.

I wouldn't necessarily say crowd control. A full inspection has to be done since the ship is entering US from Europe. It will delay embarkation. They don't want the huge crowds at the port.

On Brilliance, some, if not all, of the inspection team embarked in Ponta Delgada, Azores, prior to the 7 days across the pond.

Concierge DOES NOT have a special boarding area, you will only have a separate line which is sometimes longer than the regular lines.

Sailing same cruise in aqua and got the same letter... I plan on being there about 1130 and will board when they allow.. I would rather wait for embarkation then run the risk of a delay in traffic causing me to stress over missing the ship

My cruise is December 7th and for embark I was given the 12:30 to 3:00 check in time. No consierge lunch for me either. Are they doing this on purpose?

There is a concierge lunch but the powers that be on Celebrity are issuing the letter to expedite boarding without consideration of that amenity for concierge class. Consider the time in the letter as a suggestion. Arrive at the pier at a time that will allow you to take advantage of the concierge luncheon (11:30-1:00). The only time I've seen that varied is when the ship delays boarding for a thorough cleaning between cruises because of a norovirus outbreak on the previous cruise.

I am sailing on Infinity 10/9 and received s letter stating embarkation was at 12:30 called Celebrity and they said it was incorrect... Priority boarding applies so we can come at 11 . Concierge lunch was 11-1 pm.

You may want to call and check your sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't necessarily say crowd control. A full inspection has to be done since the ship is entering US from Europe. It will delay embarkation. They don't want the huge crowds at the port.

Equinox is not returning from Europe as it has sailed the Caribbean all summer. But, the ship is due for its regular Coast Guard inspection. Until this inspection is completed no passengers will be allowed to board, hence the delay in boarding. this has nothing at all to do with their normal "schedule" for boarding which is meant for cword control.

Steve