Upgrading booking to include perks rather than senior discount after final pay.

GeorgesGal

When I made my booking for an up-coming cruise in December, I booked as a solo. Since there was little value to booking with the perks as only one passenger I opted for the Senior Discount instead.

Subsequent to final, my daughter found she could get the time off from work, so I added her to my booking.

At this point, the perks became more valuable than the senior discount, and am wondering if ~X~ will allow me to change and include the perks, doing away with the senior discount. Does anyone have experience with this?

You will be re-fared at prevailing rates (as of the date you call and request the change) for your chosen category with the current base offer (right now GoBetter is base offer for most sailings). You would need to determine if the total price differential is worth it based on this. For a December cruise they would expect full payment of the fare differential at time of making changes. You will need to call Celebrity reservations, or your travel agent if that's how you booked

How did you book? If you booked with a TA Celebrity won't answer your question, you must get the answer from the TA. If you booked with X directly, then call Captains Club. If you go the Captain's Club route through X and you get an answer you're not happy with, call back at least once more and ask your question again. Sometimes it makes a difference.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I did book with a TA, so will call him tomorrow.

As to the fare, it is the same with the perks now as with the senior discount I booked.

(Think I'll call Captain's Club now. Perhaps I can get a handle on what they will be telling my TA tomorrow! If, that is, they will even talk to me today.)

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I did book with a TA' date=' so will call him tomorrow.

As to the fare, it is the same with the perks now as with the senior discount I booked.

(Think I'll call Captain's Club now. Perhaps I can get a handle on what they will be telling my TA tomorrow! If, that is, they will even talk to me today.)[/quote']

Never hurts to ask.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I did book with a TA' date=' so will call him tomorrow.

(Think I'll call Captain's Club now. Perhaps I can get a handle on what they will be telling my TA tomorrow! If, that is, they will even talk to me today.)[/quote']

You would certainly be in a stronger position if you had not already added your daughter.

If you are asking Celebrity to add the perks via the BBB bundle pricing for the exact same price that you have already paid, you may run into an issue.

Perhaps you can upgrade to a higher category for a little more money and get the “perks” for just a little more.

You may wish to go on line and see what higher category might be available for an additional amount.

Best of luck tomorrow with your TA and Celebrity.

By the way I have not actually done what you are asking.

Edited by jagoffee