New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

20 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Thanks, I thought it would remain and it didn't when I clicked expand signature. It also included the older cruises the same as it used to. Thanks for your help. 

No problem, the only thing you will have to do is get it under 10 lines next time you alter it or it will not save, you will probably have to have several past cruises per line instead of a line for each.

Dont know about how we all browse the internet, but I will have several pages open, reading articles and such, what ever peaks my interest.  Well with the new cruise critic I am getting automatically getting logged out it seems like after 15 minutes approximately of inactivity.  Anything I can do?  thanks

On 10/23/2018 at 5:15 PM, purpleally said:

Hate it. Please tell me what was wrong with the old site. New is not always improved 

Technically, unable to support the old forum any more. As with all things in this high tech world (which you like otherwise this forum would not exist), old give way to new.

Things do not get better by chance, they get better by change.

3 hours ago, Newleno said:

Dont know about how we all browse the internet, but I will have several pages open, reading articles and such, what ever peaks my interest.  Well with the new cruise critic I am getting automatically getting logged out it seems like after 15 minutes approximately of inactivity.  Anything I can do?  thanks

I don't have that problem. There were problems up until a few days ago with getting logged out seemingly at random. But those issues seem to have been corrected. You are getting logged out of Cruise Critic?

2 hours ago, amscene1 said:

Does the app not work anymore?

No. As announced, CC has discontinued the use of apps in favor of a mobile friendly website.

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

I don't have that problem. There were problems up until a few days ago with getting logged out seemingly at random. But those issues seem to have been corrected. You are getting logged out of Cruise Critic?

yes i get logged out all the time on my laptop, 

4 hours ago, Newleno said:

I don't know if this will help you but this was under "announcements".

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596530-log-in-staying-logged-in-access-issues/?tab=comments#comment-56000712

2 hours ago, broberts said:

No. As announced, CC has discontinued the use of apps in favor of a mobile friendly website.

This is really annoying. The mobile site is not friendly when we have to scroll past the names of all of the ships (which are a poor excuse for a search) to be able to get to the list of posts, and then we can't create easy to follow items. I wish they would let me have my app back. I'm MUCH less likely to participate via the mobile website. 

2 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

This is really annoying. The mobile site is not friendly when we have to scroll past the names of all of the ships (which are a poor excuse for a search) to be able to get to the list of posts, and then we can't create easy to follow items. I wish they would let me have my app back. I'm MUCH less likely to participate via the mobile website. 

Agreed, the list of ships should be hidden in a drop down section or something else that compresses the list. You could post a request in https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/861-report-bugs-glitches/.

What do you mean by "create easy to follow items"?

3 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

When using the app any thread you had posted on would show up under a heading "following".

Curiously, any thread you had posted on in the new website would show up as "following" as well. That is, if you have not turned off the Automatically follow new content I reply to and elected not to have the system Notify me of replies.

So now I have to click on my user name and then "Manage Followed Content" was much simpler the old way.

Threads I would have viewed before were in red font now I need to search for them all over for them. Is there a way to do that? 

6 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

So now I have to click on my user name and then "Manage Followed Content" was much simpler the old way.

Threads I would have viewed before were in red font now I need to search for them all over for them. Is there a way to do that? 

Who said anything about Manage Followed Content? It is certainly not the place to be for checking content you follow. 

I believe I've posted this in reply to you before, maybe it was another user with the same avatar. Go to https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/followed-content/. To the right of the title Content I follow is a circle containing a checkmark. Click / tap the checkmark. Now you can click/tap the newspaper icon (blue toolbar on mobile, breadcrumb line on desktop) to immediately see new replies.

Edited by broberts

On 10/23/2018 at 3:25 PM, biker@sea said:

I visit this site far far less now. 😥

I am in agreement 100%....When they had the app it was simple and easy to take a quick look at unread messages, alerts, new posts, etc..now even though I checked the box to "keep me logged in" the site requires me to enter in username and password each and every time as well as log into the site itself first. This is 2018, how do you "update and improve" a website and remove the app?

I am not seeing this "blue dot" that is referenced in previous posts ( is it visible on a PC and iphone?)

I notice a huge decrease in postings in the threads I previously followed and it seems a lot of people have become frustrated and are just not as active and visiting the website less.

Also, The search function is horrible- no matter what I search for it brings up irrelevant topics nothing to do with what I typed in

Bird Travels, I know you started this thread; what are your thoughts on the new site?

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 11:08 AM, broberts said:

That is literally the stupidest, most backwards thing I have ever heard in my life. What don’t they employ horses to send messages back and forth. 

1 minute ago, amscene1 said:

That is literally the stupidest, most backwards thing I have ever heard in my life. What don’t they employ horses to send messages back and forth. 

Sorry you are inconvenienced but insulting people rarely produces positive outcomes.

17 hours ago, broberts said:

So you don't consider being labelled stupid and backwards insulting?

Amscene1 was referring to lack of app.  They weren't insulting you personally.  I didnt use the app but I understand.  This new site is not much of an improvement.

Edited by zitsky