New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

4 hours ago, readingfast said:

I too am baffled by this. Hope, as you say, that they eventually sort it out. 

Another thing is, can anyone help as to how you go to the "last unread" on a roll call?  There doesn't seem to be any buttons etc.

Also, how do you preview your posts?

Thanks

Hover over the blue dot or star next to the title of the post to go to the first unread: 

first-unread-post.png.a90d7ae97a957336a50fd99cb23041a5.png

59 minutes ago, Newleno said:

New yes, improved no, how do you know where you left off in a thread?  First unread post?  If anyone knows thank you in advance for your assistance.

The Blue dot by the thread title will take you to last unread post. Just tap on it.

Edited by beerman2

I got these ringing and popping notifications, I dont want any of that, plus when I look at the notification many times nothing is there.  Luckily I am going on a cruise in a few days, (so most of my research is done) dont know how much more of this I can handle, very annoying, getting close to just logging out until I need to research a cruise again.  New is not always improved.

23 minutes ago, Newleno said:

I got these ringing and popping notifications, I dont want any of that, plus when I look at the notification many times nothing is there.  Luckily I am going on a cruise in a few days, (so most of my research is done) dont know how much more of this I can handle, very annoying, getting close to just logging out until I need to research a cruise again.  New is not always improved.

If you don't want notifications, use the Notification Settings page to turn them off. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/notifications/options/

Edited by broberts

I don't mind the new format at all, but the lack of access through Tapatalk is a real issue for me.

I used to access CC almost exclusively through Tapatalk, and it notified me whenever anyone started a new thread on the NCL board or replied to one I was subscribed to. That meant that if someone asked a question which I thought I could help with then I would respond quite quickly.

Since the board relaunched, I have logged in two or three times. I suspect that from now on I will be a fairly occasional visitor on here.

That's probably not a bad thing through. I can't say that I have particularly enjoyed this board recently, and that is nothing to do with the recent changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I don't mind the new format at all, but the lack of access through Tapatalk is a real issue for me.

I used to access CC almost exclusively through Tapatalk, and it notified me whenever anyone started a new thread on the NCL board or replied to one I was subscribed to. That meant that if someone asked a question which I thought I could help with then I would respond quite quickly.

Since the board relaunched, I have logged in two or three times. I suspect that from now on I will be a fairly occasional visitor on here.

That's probably not a bad thing through. I can't say that I have particularly enjoyed this board recently, and that is nothing to do with the recent changes.

I have only visited a few times and found the layout, not to my liking. I used to enjoy reading through posts and sometimes posting but now I have given it a rest for the most part. I am in the I just don't feel like looking at something new mood right now. Hopefully, it will change. 

19 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Whoop Whoop the signature rules have been relaxed and you can now officially have two countdown clocks!

Do the clocks work?  I deleted mine because of new rules.  And I see no way to recreate them.  I'm upset if I deleted them for no reason.  Ouch!

Looks like the clocks work.  The link still works and the timer seems to be working.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

Edited by zitsky

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Do the clocks work?  I deleted mine because of new rules.  And I see no way to recreate them.  I'm upset if I deleted them for no reason.  Ouch!

Looks like the clocks work.  The link still works and the timer seems to be working.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

Yes they do, I also put the link in my signature as it's hard to find, you can now have a max of two pics, the clocks have a pic so a max of two clocks.

I was able to successfully save my signature exactly as it looks now.

I have 3 cruises booked but i'm happy with two clocks.