New and Improved CC

BirdTravels

7 hours ago, broberts said:

That's just it, the new system is actually easier to use in a general sense. It is just difficult for us at the moment because we are so used to using a different interface. But I know you will not agree with this and I'm not willing to continue going to and fro over  an opinion.

No, it isn't!  Do you own or have stock in the new platform?  

People are free to give their opinion!

1 minute ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

No, it isn't!  Do you own or have stock in the new platform?  

People are free to give their opinion!

No I do not own stock in the new platform. Nor do I have any financial interest in any entity related to CC or the platform developer.

Take a step back. Forget everything you know about the old way of doing things. Then examine the new system. I think an honest appraisal will suggest I am not wrong.

Regardless, you are welcome to your opinion but suggesting that I have an ulterior motive for my opinion is needlessly insulting.

• Like 1

I am getting used to it now.  A few more weeks and I will probably think its fine. My bank changed their online bank account/bill pay a few years ago.  I hated it but eventually learned to like it.  I also felt the same way when NCL changed their website several years ago.  I am still not crazy about that one though :classic_blink:

9 hours ago, broberts said:

No I do not own stock in the new platform. Nor do I have any financial interest in any entity related to CC or the platform developer.

Take a step back. Forget everything you know about the old way of doing things. Then examine the new system. I think an honest appraisal will suggest I am not wrong.

Regardless, you are welcome to your opinion but suggesting that I have an ulterior motive for my opinion is needlessly insulting.

I remember when Cruise Critic updated/changed their system some years ago and everyone hated the changes and now they want it back to that.  In a short time everyone will be fine with this one, just like they were eventually fine the last time.

I hate that when you click on a particular ship name, it brings all kinds of results. Before if I clicked on the getaway, it only gave me posts about the getaway. The search feature also seems out of whack, trying to find people’s reviews has been a nightmare. I’m really hoping this is all just transition bumps and it will work smoothly again. 

• Like 1

Sucks.

Should have archived some of the old messages, nobody bother to search and read them, it would be faster to upgrade without all the old threads going back years.

Tapatalk isnt working for me, error log in.  Web view is slow as molasses on this FLL free wifi.

Maybe I’ll try again in a month when it sttles down and if Tapatalk works, but for me, i’m already gone, cue the Eagles!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, broberts said:

Check your Notification settings. Both the general ones at the top of the Notification Settings form and those below the first Save button. If you make changes click the appropriate Save button.

Toe get to Notification Settings on mobile, tap the menu button on the right side of the blue page toolbar. A menu will pop with a bell at the top. Tap the Bell. On a desktop the Bell is at the top of the page on the right.

Tapping the bell with bring up a notification list form. Top right corner of the form is Notification Settings.

Hi, I saw your response (got email),  but didn't get any of the other response notifications today for this thread. This is what my setup looks like (using laptop) for the threads I want to get emails for as they occur. Is this correct?

Notification Settings

Top of Form

•  

Send me news and information Enabling this option will add you to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.

• Automatically follow content
    •  

Automatically follow new content I post

•  

Automatically follow content I reply to

• Method to use for content I follow automatically
    •  

A notification when new content is posted

•  

One email per day with all new content from that day

•  

One email per week with all new content from that week

•  

Do not send me notifications

• Notification preferences
    •  

Show popup window when I receive a new personal message

•  

Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community

•  

Play a sound when I receive a notification

Browser notifications not enabled -By enabling desktop notifications, we'll be able to tell you when there's new content even if you aren't active in this window. Bottom of Form

OOPs. when copied it, my markup doesn't show up . let me try it again, Here is a copy/paste from the system:

my setup cc.docx

Edited by oregonian123
typo

9 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

Hi, I saw your response (got email),  but didn't get any of the other response notifications today for this thread. This is what my setup looks like (using laptop) for the threads I want to get emails for as they occur. Is this correct?

Notification Settings

I didn't see any checkmarks or selections in what you posted. But it doesn't matter that much. I suspect the settings you want are below what you posted. Below the Save button is another part of the form that allows you to enable an email notification for various things. The setting I think you probably want to enable is New content for things I follow. Don't forget to click the Save button below these settings.

6 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Is it now possible to post a picture from my pictures file on my laptop using windows 7? 

Yes. In the post/reply editor you should see a paperclip on the left of a shaded area at the bottom. Click choose files to pop your Windows File Explorer. Pick the picture you want. It will upload and a thumbnail will appear in the shaded area. Position the edit cursor where you want the picture inserted then click the + on the bottom left of the thumbnail to insert the picture into the post. If you got the wrong picture, you can click the garbage can button on the bottom right of the thumbnail.

Edited by broberts

I changed my settings to one email per day with new posts/forums that I follow. So far, zero email notifications not even weekly. And yes I hit the save changes button. I think an app is the way to go for us that don’t sit in front of a computer all day and night.  I could sit on my couch and read or post easily on either IPhone or iPad. I really don’t like the bookmarking of every forum to find it faster. 

JMHO

17 hours ago, broberts said:

I didn't see any checkmarks or selections in what you posted. But it doesn't matter that much. I suspect the settings you want are below what you posted. Below the Save button is another part of the form that allows you to enable an email notification for various things. The setting I think you probably want to enable is New content for things I follow. Don't forget to click the Save button below these settings.

Thank you, I worked on the buttons below that first Save button, and now things look much better. I have quite a few emails today. 

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

You used to be able to click on the ship link and find all the posts related to that ship and now it just brings up a general search.

I too am baffled by this. Hope, as you say, that they eventually sort it out. 

Another thing is, can anyone help as to how you go to the "last unread" on a roll call?  There doesn't seem to be any buttons etc.

Also, how do you preview your posts?

Thanks