"Manage Followed Content"

Previously under the "subscribed" threads...the threads sorted in order (top to bottom) of threads with the most recent posts.  In the "new" "manage followed content", my "followed threads" don't appear to be in any order.  I have tried the "filter" and other options but nothing seems to change it.  Even after I post in a thread and go back into "manage" it still doesn't list that thread at the top.  I have threads that haven't had a post in months on page 1 but have to search over to page 4 for threads with newer replies. 

What am I missing? 

I am a CC junkie but typically don't have time to go to the "main pages".  I always just jump to "subscribed" to see the new posts and then when I find time, I peruse what's "new" in the main forums. 

Also....do I have to click (unclick) the "notify me of replies" on every post?   I preferred the old "notifications" where you just had it set up in profile or subscriptions to notify your or not.  (I check CC often enough I do NOT want notifications to my email, etc.) 

Thanks so much!!!!

Also when you do find your thread in “manage content” it no longer takes you to the “last page”. You have to. Lick on the thread and then after it opens click on the last page! 

Ugg! Way too time consuming! 

Cc used to be my relaxation. Too frustrating to be relaxing right now. 

I thought the reason for the long delay in the roll out was “to get it right”.  Would hate to see the issues if it hadn’t taken awhile! 

48 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

Also when you do find your thread in “manage content” it no longer takes you to the “last page”. You have to. Lick on the thread and then after it opens click on the last page! 

Ugg! Way too time consuming! 

Cc used to be my relaxation. Too frustrating to be relaxing right now. 

I thought the reason for the long delay in the roll out was “to get it right”.  Would hate to see the issues if it hadn’t taken awhile! 

Do you get email notifications?  I no longer do?

Bob

14 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

Also....do I have to click (unclick) the "notify me of replies" on every post?   I preferred the old "notifications" where you just had it set up in profile or subscriptions to notify your or not.  (I check CC often enough I do NOT want notifications to my email, etc.) 

Thanks so much!!!!

Click on your username then “Account Settings”.  Then click on “Notification Settings”.  You will be able to set default notifications there.  (See screenshots)

2D4A3D6B-1DC3-4D75-83A3-9F48FEFDF7D3.jpeg

953D9942-E6EF-48C0-B5B5-F109A654CEF3.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

Previously under the "subscribed" threads...the threads sorted in order (top to bottom) of threads with the most recent posts.  In the "new" "manage followed content", my "followed threads" don't appear to be in any order.  I have tried the "filter" and other options but nothing seems to change it.  Even after I post in a thread and go back into "manage" it still doesn't list that thread at the top.  I have threads that haven't had a post in months on page 1 but have to search over to page 4 for threads with newer replies. 

What am I missing? 

Try using the “Activity” tab at the top-left of your screen.  It puts them in most recent order.

B36F3FDA-FB62-4B04-B531-56225616698B.jpeg

17 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Click on your username then “Account Settings”.  Then click on “Notification Settings”.  You will be able to set default notifications there.  (See screenshots)

These are my settings and I have not received one email notification since the new system went live.  CC is not answering my question....,

Bob

6 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

These are my settings and I have not received one email notification since the new system went live.  CC is not answering my question....,

Bob

If those are your settings then you need to click on “One email per day...”.  I have emails turned off by using “A notification...” which just alerts you while you’re on CC. 

Edited by *Miss G*

6 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

If those are your settings then you need to click on “One email per day...”.  I have emails turned off by using “A notification...” which just alerts you while you’re on CC. 

One email per day? I want to receive individual emails for each post as I did before the roll out of the new system.... 

Bob

2 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

One email per day? I want to receive individual emails for each post as I did before the roll out of the new system.... 

Bob

I think you have mistaken me for someone who works here.  😉

Bring it to their attention and maybe they’ll provide the option.  They’re still tweaking the upgrade so give them time.  It’s a lot of work.

13 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I think you have mistaken me for someone who works here.  😉

Bring it to their attention and maybe they’ll provide the option.  They’re still tweaking the upgrade so give them time.  It’s a lot of work.

I have but have yet to receive any replies.  

Bob

If/when I post in a thread, CC should automatically set the 'follow' button so that that thread shows up in my "manage followed content" as it did with 'subscriptions' in the previous system.

Then make it possible to 'unfollow' or unsubscribe according to what I choose.

2 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Do you get email notifications?  I no longer do?

Bob

I have my settings set to "NO email notification. I have "unclicked" each thread to show no notifications.  However, I am now getting emails if someone "quotes" any of my posts.  I get an email and also a notification in the "bell".  (Even though the threads show "no notifications". 

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

I have my settings set to "NO email notification. I have "unclicked" each thread to show no notifications.  However, I am now getting emails if someone "quotes" any of my posts.  I get an email and also a notification in the "bell".  (Even though the threads show "no notifications". 

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Try using the “Activity” tab at the top-left of your screen.  It puts them in most recent order.

I tried all of your suggetions.  It does pull up threads with  "recent" posts.....but not any thread I have posted on or am following!  It pulls up all sorts of other threads but not the ones that should be showing in "manage my content". 

57 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

Below the Save button on the Notification Settings form is a list of items. Two columns of checkboxes: Notifications and Email. Some of the items are locked by the site. For all the others set the checkboxes appropriately. 

14 minutes ago, broberts said:

Below the Save button on the Notification Settings form is a list of items. Two columns of checkboxes: Notifications and Email. Some of the items are locked by the site. For all the others set the checkboxes appropriately. 

Thank you!  That was very helpful info!  I had not scrolled below the "save" button.  I would have thought all of the options would have been above the save button.  Who knew!😀  Thanks again. Very helpful. 

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

If/when I post in a thread, CC should automatically set the 'follow' button so that that thread shows up in my "manage followed content" as it did with 'subscriptions' in the previous system.

Then make it possible to 'unfollow' or unsubscribe according to what I choose.

You do have that option, but you have to turn it on.  Look at the screen shots @Miss G posted.  Notice the check boxes for "Automatically Follow Content".  Make sure you have those checked.

7 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

I think I may know what the problem is.  If you scroll further down on the “Notification Settings” window (see screenshot from earlier post) you will come to “Notification List” where you can set it to send individual emails.  Make sure you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to “Save” your new settings.  

053AAB96-8D4B-43E0-835F-031C80BAD5EA.jpeg

8 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

When I go to Content I Follow it shows me individual posts in the threads I'm subscribed to. Where can I see a list of what used to show when you clicked on Subscriptions? 

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

When I go to Content I Follow it shows me individual posts in the threads I'm subscribed to. Where can I see a list of what used to show when you clicked on Subscriptions? 

Click on your username and then click on “Manage Followed Content”. 

23 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I think I may know what the problem is.  If you scroll further down on the “Notification Settings” window (see screenshot from earlier post) you will come to “Notification List” where you can set it to send individual emails.  Make sure you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to “Save” your new settings.  

053AAB96-8D4B-43E0-835F-031C80BAD5EA.jpeg

Thank you for the advice, but I did that about a dozen times.  This “no ack” by CC is not cool... c.

Bob

On 10/16/2018 at 10:32 PM, skiiergirl said:

Previously under the "subscribed" threads...the threads sorted in order (top to bottom) of threads with the most recent posts.  In the "new" "manage followed content", my "followed threads" don't appear to be in any order.

It's actually worse than that. The order of threads is the order in which you last "began" to follow the thread, and every time that you change a follow or notification preference for that thread, it counts as a new following and bumps the thread to the top of the list.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

It's actually worse than that. The order of threads is the order in which you last "began" to follow the thread, and every time that you change a follow or notification preference for that thread, it counts as a new following and bumps the thread to the top of the list.

Send me an email at lighthousemom at gmx dot com. I'll send you detailed, step-by-step instructions of how to do this.

27 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

Just realized I can attach a file here. So here are the instructions:

New CC how to.docx

Thank you and WOW! why does it have to be so difficult.  I have Manage Selected Content selected but it hasn't updated since I first selected it yesterday. Will read through what you've shared and see if I need to do anything else.